It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Creates 2 Fake Trump Scandals First Day of Asia Trip

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Two fake scandals went viral today after news organizations selectively edit film and quote Trump out of context.

Link

The fishy story began overnight Sunday, when CNN circulated a deceptively edited video that appeared to show Trump, who was feeding koi fish with his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe, simply dumping his box of fish food into the pond. The apparent breach of fish-feeding protocol immediately went viral, as Trump was seen as too impatient to thoughtfully spoon the fish food into the pond, as Abe was doing.
The only problem is that ... it's all untrue.
As the non-edited video below shows, both leaders casually spooned fish food to the koi; after doing so for approximately 30 seconds, Abe dumped the remainder of his box into the pond; Trump, following Abe's lead, then does the same.

The other fake scandal concerns Trump apparently suggesting to Abe that Japan should build cars in the United States and create American jobs, rather than import them from Japan.
As the full quote makes clear, Trump not only is aware Japan manufactures cars in America, but he specifically thanks them for all of the jobs they're creating.

"I also want to recognize the business leaders in the room whose confidence in the United States — they've been creating jobs — you have such confidence in the United States, and you've been creating jobs for our country for a long, long time. Several Japanese automobile industry firms have been really doing a job," Trump says.

He then thanks Toyota and Mazda specifically for a new plant they're building in the U.S.:
And we love it when you build cars — if you're a Japanese firm, we love it — try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over. Is that possible to ask? That's not rude. Is that rude? I don't think so. (Laughter.) If you could build them. But I must say, Toyota and Mazda — where are you? Are you here, anybody? Toyota? Mazda? I thought so. Oh, I thought that was you. That's big stuff. Congratulations. Come on, let me shake your hand. (Applause.) They're going to invest $1.6 billion in building a new manufacturing plant, which will create as many as 4,000 new jobs in the United States.

More sad and desperate behavior from the media.

Sad thing really is, this spread like wildfire, not only through facebook and twitter but through journalists too. With almost no one taking the time to check its accuracy.

Sorry to use this already over-used term, but this is a prime example of fake news.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
At least Trump is in the news. I don't recall Clinton getting much press while here in Japan. I think I saw a press tv show with him in it and that was all we heard of him here in Japan.
For those that don't know it. Trump was well received and his wife too. Many Japanese people were waiving both flags and this was on prime tv here.

My conclusion is that the ownships of tv in the US hate President Trump because he is pro American first. And not a world citizen like a few others that held positive power over the press.

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

I noticed no matter what he does he will be called stupid,racist,nazi,corrupt,misoginist,evil,liar or faker. I think its going to far and i dont even like him myself. But it seems to be acceptable to say anything about him or the first lady. There is no respect for the office or our government for that matter. Add the country in that as well.
edit on 11/7/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Media................look a straw !!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776 As a reminder that besides a stupid fish feeding story that made the rounds how bout we look at the insult he made at Abe about our economy or insisting Japan produce more cars here even though they already produce more here than anywhere else. Japan needs to get away from America more and Trump wants to turn that around. Japan is a great allie but at some point IMHO they don't want and possibly need us there.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I noticed no matter what he does he will be called stupid,racist,nazi,corrupt,misoginist,evil,liar or faker. I think its going to far and i dont even like him myself. But it seems to be acceptable to say anything about him or the first lady. There is no respect for the office or our government for that matter. Add the country in that as well.

Dont forget "BUFFOON".

That's been the teen pop sensation hit term since the debates.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss Do you listen to teen pop songs now? I never would have guessed but a very odd statement to make?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

You havent heard the latest song?

I think the "hook" goes like:

Trump, Trump, bump your rump
cuz that goon a bufoon just look at the hair on that loon.

edit on 7-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Dont forget "BUFFOON".

You are wrong. Most old Chinese hate the Japanese and that is a fact. and it is the old that control china. grow up dude

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

You'd be wrong. The tv portrays trump exact as he really is.
He's on vacay and on his best behavior. Thanks for treating him nicely. We've got more hot water for him when he gets back.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss No i haven't. I will youtube it though. Is it atleast funny? Or do I need another beer for it?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Just turn on MTV itll come on any minute now, or something close enough.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Well done Quantum - S&F. Absolute unprofessional msm. Your find needs to go viral somehow. Counter the lazy bast**ds that run 24x7 news agencies.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

What are you even talking about, you Japanese dog?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
At least Trump is in the news. I don't recall Clinton getting much press while here in Japan. I think I saw a press tv show with him in it and that was all we heard of him here in Japan.

Don't you remember when George Bush senior was there and threw up at dinner? That sure made the news.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

You'd be wrong. The tv portrays trump exact as he really is.
He's on vacay and on his best behavior. Thanks for treating him nicely. We've got more hot water for him when he gets back.

I guess the US tv propraganda shows didnt show all the love that the Japanese have for the Americans and its president.

I don't know if it was shown on tv but he did break protocol when moved his dinner plate toward Abe, that is a no no.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: musicismagic

Don't you remember when George Bush senior was there and threw up at dinner? That sure made the news.

It only made the news because he was given an anti-dope in case of intentional food poisoning which was never brought out publically. I believe his food was tampered with and after that episode all was not going as planned here in Japan for the "japan dog" in the cage of "we are here to protect you against the Russsians that wanted not to give up the islands in north japan

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
More playground style reporting. Behaviour typical of a bully who's been shown to be weak and cowardly and is desperately trying to hold on to some relevance.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Yah, how stupid was that? I foresee a ton of Russia Trump collusion fodder for the MSm. You'd think that was by design or something.

Hey. wait a sec...

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Dont forget "BUFFOON".

I didn't realize Buffoon was still in usage..

Not very progressive of all those old lady haters out there..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join