It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most realistic scenerio where the US begins a massive gun ban and confiscation ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSemiSkeptic

This is for a known extremely short period of time in a known to be isolated area..

That’s apples and oranges..

That’s like saying because you poisoned the ant bed I your yard. You will poison any living g creature you encounter..

That is like saying because you would marry a specific girl, means you would marry any girl.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

See? Aliens and unicorn UFO's would come first lol

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

What I saying is that the Police and the Military have shown that they WILL, when ordered to, violate U.S. Citizen's Second Amendment rights. The idea that they will NOT obey the confiscation order is a fallacy.

If it holds true in a small isolated area, like New Orleans, then it will hold true in a larger area.

The only reason it was for a short period of time is because someone spoke out and fought back against it. Do you think that if no one complained about it that the Government would have realized that what they were doing was wrong and stop themselves? Do you believe that if no one complained about it the courts would have gotten involved?

I am sorry to be the one to tell you this, but neither of those things would have happened. It was because of the actions of the Second Amendment Foundation and the NRA that caused the Courts to get involved and the seizures halted.

edit on 7-11-2017 by TheSemiSkeptic because: typo, I am typing too fast.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
I literally can imagaine no scenerio where the government “comes for the guns..”

No elected democrat has ever said they wanted to do it..

No law enforcement body nor the military would be willing to enforce it...

So what is the most realistic scenerio where a nation wide ban and confiscation is passed in the 3 branches, and then implemented???

How would it be implemented??

Who would do it??

How would the neutralize the citizenry, law enforcement and military so they could do it??

Thoughts??

It's so OBVIOUS, I'm not going to say...ok, what do pew-pews need to work? Well most people who are into it have one generation worth of them. If they just ban all industry that makes these, then it's going to be very difficult. We've already seen the DHS create this by buying a gazillion of them.

Also, you're delusional, or should I say 'ONE' is delusional, if they think the military or LE personnel would not follow orders to not only shoot civilians who would not disarm or give up defensive tools, but also drop munitions on entire cities to 'make an example'. They do not think of you and me the same as themselves. We are 'the other', the 'them' in 'us and them'. Cops have the think blue line and it would just get thicker. Military people are already somewhat brainwashed. A few might resist but they'd be quelled.

Look at Verhoeven's military mind in the movie adaptation of Heinlein's, Starship Troopers. THEY, the Troopers are called 'Citizen', not the public.

IMO, YMMV, FWIW

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
With over 350 million guns in the United States in the hands of private citizens, "coming for the guns" is not a realistic scenario in anyone's world.

Unfortunately, the mass shootings will continue, along with the rhetoric that "more guns" is the answer.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7

Not I the scale required to ban and confiscatate 350million peoples guns..

Countless LE and military have come out and said they would refuse it.. there has been no threat of it happening, but that hasn’t stopped the propaganda whores from pretending otherwise.

For example ...

mobile.nytimes.com...
edit on 7-11-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It won't ever happen.

I'd urge you to look into the development of the modern NRA and the re-interpretation of the 2nd amendment;

The short of it (really look into the whole thing though) is that during the 1960's the Black Panthers, having lost faith in local law enforcement, began arming themselves and policing their own neighborhoods. This set off a wave of gun restrictions aimed at disarming the black populace. White rural gun-owners though, recognized that if it's that easy for the government to disarm urban blacks then what's to stop the government from disarming rural whites? A new faction of the NRA was born of this fear and, essentially, took over the organization under the belief that the 2nd amendment wasn't about armies or regulated militia, it was about a person's (singular) right to own a firearm. This belief grew and came to fruition with the Reagan administration.

So long as the NRA has the ear of the politicians nothing and no one will take the guns away from America. It doesn't matter how liberal the president of congress is. The NRA will just sue and (with the current and future makeup of the court) whatever law is passed will be struck down.

I guess to answer your question it would take a drastic shifting in the electorate to vote for people willing to pass a constitutional amendment to change the 2nd amendment to explicitly state a 'well-regulated militia' means either a standing army for each of the states or completely exclude the right of individuals to own firearms.

This will never happen in our lifetimes.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCoxWhat is the most realistic scenerio where the US begins a massive gun ban and confiscation ?

A violent uprising.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
They will have to turn public opinion first. Which is what democrats are trying to do, and conservatives are resisting. If 90% of America supported banning and confiscating guns it wouldn’t take long. And it wouldn’t take long to go from 80-90%. I doubt the German people thought the Jews would be killed when the NAZIs first received power, but slowly the public opinion allowed it.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

There is nothing short of divine action (god showing up in person and proving his existence, before requesting (in that situation does god request or order??) banning guns) or aliens conquered us and demanded it..

If a school full of murdered kinder gardeners is t a big enough event, what would be??

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Health

Of course it wouldn’t, and your not getting 90% to support it, ever..

I bet right now less than 10% do..

And no a false flag wouldn’t do it...

Sandy hook.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Yeah, the gun control debate in America is very much over with. If we didn't do it after Sandy Hook we're not going to do it.

Get used to it folks.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
40-50 million citizens would view such a law as treason.
They would be leaderless, stateless, difficult to track, and considering the number of military veterans that would likely be among their number promising to defend the Constitution from enemies

both

foreign

and domestic

edit on 7-11-2017 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

How big of one???

One big enough to make a gun ban irrelevant because there is already a civil war going on???

The LA riots didn’t do it..

I’m pretty sure there were some mean ones in the 50’s-70’s...

So obviously you would need more unrest than there has ever been.

The only thing that would cause that is loss of essentials... food, water , exc. on such a grand scale that it make gun control the least of our worries..

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

40-50 million?!?!!

It’s way higher than that..

There are 350 million Americans..

Maybe the anti confiscation side would have 40-50 million soldiers..

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
AMENDMENTS ELIMINATED BY THE PATRIOT ACT

1st.Freedom of religion, assembly, and the press.

4th.Freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures.

5th.No person to be deprived of life, liberty or property without due processof law.

6th.Right to a speedy public trial by an impartial jury, right to be informed of the facts of the accusation, right to confront witnesses and have the assistanceof counsel.

8th.No excessive bail or cruel and unusual punishment shall be imposed.

14th.All persons (citizens and non citizens) within the US are entitled to dueprocess and the equal protection of the laws.

I really believe the 2nd amendment is for civil disusing in politics ,a polite way of saying no your not taking my Gun.
There would be A rifle behind every blade of grass, And blending into every tree.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

That’s ridiculous...

The though that legal firearms will be able to even remotely stand up the the US military is so silly it’s boarderline dishonest.

That ship sailed back in... idk the 1920’s..

It’s the most laughable part of this whole debate..

Your acting like either the citizenry or the military are mindless automatons...

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

There’s no scenario where the gun lovers will change.

Children have been slaughtered and they remain stubborn in their fetish-like attachment to guns

What may happen is a democratic congress and president and many more of these depraved acts towards children may finally get a democratic congress and president to try.

No GOP congress or president will any time soon acquiesce to any useful gun restriction laws

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Oh Will. Will, Will, Will.

I like you.

Please don't volunteer to try and confiscate firearms.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I could understand why people could want guns in a violent ridden society where constantly we hear about violence.

I understand why a person would want to carry a gun.

And if this society was mature or homogeneous enough, like Israel and some Scandinavian countries, to be able to have loose gun laws then there would be little problems, but it’s a violent, vicious, alienating society therefore loose gun laws isn’t a wise policy in America.

So then there is a price we pay for loose gun laws and we’re hearing about it everyday.

This will go on as long as people are willing to pay the price for loose gun laws, and right now that price is the violent, premature death of children.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join