It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most realistic scenerio where the US begins a massive gun ban and confiscation ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Except they would never get even half the military or local police on board ...ever..

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Never going to happen. We have a better chance of getting single payer healthcare before guns will ever be confiscated. Plus there are millions and millions of guns.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

So it is impossible, the American people would never accept it, no elected official on either side has ever proposed it.

But you know what they really mean....

Lol just lol

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: dasman888

So it is impossible, the American people would never accept it, no elected official on either side has ever proposed it.

But you know what they really mean....

Lol just lol

We know what they would like to do because they telegraph that in their words, and we know what many of our fellow countrymen would like for them to do. People on this board scream about it all the time.

Liberty demands constant vigilance or else you turn around one day and you've lost it.

The Democrats who voted for Obamacare had to know they were committing political suicide many of them, but they did it anyway.

Democrats who would vote in a gun ban would know the same. Do you honestly think it would stop them if they felt they had the political momentum?

Sure it might never stand up in court, but with the courts stacked right, it would take years to work through that system. How much damage could be done by then?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The govt won't have to. They just continue to pass new gun laws every year. How many thousands of gun laws are there now? In another ten years they will add hundreds if not thousands more.

Then you already have many major cities declaring they won't follow federal immigration laws. They are already infringing on the 2nd amendment right with local laws, who will stop them from just saying we don't follow the federal gun laws either.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
What if.....we went a different way. As per the Constitution, neither the Federal Government nor any State Government can have a standing army. Since the People already have more guns and ammo than pretty much all other Nations Armies combined we won’t be too vulnerable to attack. And if we drop the ridiculous laws, be able to purchase modern military grade small arms (or tanks if you have that kind of cash).

Crazy idea? Well, most of the boats and cannon used in the Civil War were privately owned. And who knows, the money saved on the Army could be used for some tree hugging projects.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
I literally can imagaine no scenerio where the government “comes for the guns..”

No elected democrat has ever said they wanted to do it..

No law enforcement body nor the military would be willing to enforce it...

So what is the most realistic scenerio where a nation wide ban and confiscation is passed in the 3 branches, and then implemented???

How would it be implemented??

Who would do it??

How would the neutralize the citizenry, law enforcement and military so they could do it??

Thoughts??

There is no realistic scenario where this would happen.

The US is the largest weapons dealer in this world. The power behind that lobby is enormous and will never allow a massive confiscation to happen. Not to mention that there are pretty much no law enforcement agencies that would go house to house to collect legally owned/licensed guns from the commonweal.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

No one asked if there was a reason.. there is a reason to do and not do pretty much everything..

I asked what realistic scenerio could lead to that??

And since no one can come up with a realistic scenerio..

Doesn’t that make any serious discussion about the risk mental masterbation.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Lmao .. and a rebellion “almost “ worked in the civil war..

the north beat the south with one hand tied behind its back.. the norther rich didn’t even have to fight.. the annull Harvard/Yale rowing tournament still took place as well as the homestead act...

If the war got any closer , all the north had to do was start using their other arm..

A rebellion today would be droned into oblivion in its cradle.. that ship sailed atleast by WW1.. maybe earlier

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Is that what you consider a scenerio???

Lol

Who actually does the confiscation?? Since the military and LE wouldn’t??

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
You forget that the military and the police are paid to listen to their uppers.

They can AND will implement a ban if they are told to. If you think they won’t thats pure ignorance. You think they would rather get thrown in jail for not following orders, then having to give up weapons themselves?

Laughable at most to think they won’t shoot you in the back when showing a gun.

My sister and her husband are both military. We have these types of conversations and both of them promised me that no respectable military personnel would follow an unconstitutional order. My sister said they would sooner arrest their own commanding officer than follow and order to confiscate guns that he gave.

Do you have anyone in your family that is a cop or in the military?
If the answer is yes than are you telling us that your own family members would ether allow others to take from you or even come take your weapons themselves?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
The govt won't have to. They just continue to pass new gun laws every year. How many thousands of gun laws are there now? In another ten years they will add hundreds if not thousands more.

Then you already have many major cities declaring they won't follow federal immigration laws. They are already infringing on the 2nd amendment right with local laws, who will stop them from just saying we don't follow the federal gun laws either.

And how do all of them together add up to a ban and confiscation, when no policy that doesn’t include a grandfather clause has EVER even been proposed????

If they banned the future sale of any new ones it takes 500 years to weed them out of society.. we have over a billion in circulation.

You still have to explain where they would get the manpower to actually confiscate them..

Man , you would think with all of you constantly preaching about how the left “is comming to get your guns”

SOMEONE could lay out ONE realistic scenerio to justify those fears..
edit on 7-11-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

They can AND will implement a ban if they are told to. If you think they won’t thats pure ignorance. You think they would rather get thrown in jail for not following orders, then having to give up weapons themselves?

My sister and her husband are both military. We have these types of conversations and both of them promised me that no respectable military personnel would follow an unconstitutional order. My sister said they would sooner arrest their own commanding officer than follow and order to confiscate guns that he gave.

If the answer is yes than are you telling us that your own family members would ether allow others to take from you or even come take your weapons themselves?

What if they sent all the right wing troops to get the left wing peoples guns and vice versa? nothing like a divided nation for that kind of tactic.

They did a similar thing in the UK miners strikes where the local police had sympathy with thier neighbour miner frinds so they sent up police from London who had no ties with mining to batter the miners with big sticks.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

When you’ve been buying the propaganda of demogoges for decades, ya gotta justify that some how...

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Yea that works lmao...

Espeacially since all those people are thoughly shuffled around..

The civil war had a free state /slave state divide to play off of.. the modern eras divide is rural/urban..

You can’t build a rebellion like that.. not against the most powerful country on the planet..

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I wasn’t going for “open rebellion” when mentioning the Civil War. Just that most arms, cannon, boats and other material were privately owned, especially the CSA forces. The Union had free access to national armories whereas the the South had to “liberate them”.

Speaking of which, how do you think the drone program would turnout after being liberated by irate forces?

But I am a bit confused, now we are talking about grand gun confiscations after a discussion of why the Second is so bad which was proceeded by a conversation about shooting Trump for the greater good to prevent WW3. You understand that shooting Trump in that circumstance (if you were indeed doing the correct action) would vaguely fall under Second Amendment protections? I got to say that if I was selling, I might have to refuse the sale despite the background check outcome for being too sifting in talking points.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

What if they sent all the right wing troops to get the left wing peoples guns and vice versa? nothing like a divided nation for that kind of tactic.

They did a similar thing in the UK miners strikes where the local police had sympathy with thier neighbour miner frinds so they sent up police from London who had no ties with mining to batter the miners with big sticks.

Like I said my sister and husband who are both right wing will not follow that order no mater who guns they are told to go get.
It's sounds like you need to talk with more cops and military people. You have forgotten that they are our friends, neighbors , and family.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

There is no way you could actually think private armies are a good idea.... Nike and Reebok ‘s Private armies always killing civilians in the corporate wars or 2016..

Ask the romans how well private armies worked out when it comes to random aristocrats seizing powers.

Also..

You are greatly underestimating the insane power of the US military..

We could literally turn the whole planet to glass...in an afternoon..

They have contingency on top of contingency to protect all that stuff.

Also , who gets to control the nukes??

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The only situation in anyone's wildest imagination wherein the government would come for our guns, is if the entire political infrastructure was occupied by die hard far left and liberals.. We're talking every senate member, house member, president, supreme court judge, and everything.

Even then, it would take a nice false flag operation to justify the immediate bill that would be drawn up either to repeal the second amendment, or institute Chicago and California style gun laws; after which, they would have a fairly large civil war on their hands........ And by that, i mean it would be the nation vs the government.

But remember, there is a better chance of aliens visiting us from the planet Arcturus in their UFO's made of candy and unicorn fur

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Maybe if TPTB started spraying happy dust, or a heavy sedative dust as chemtrails......

It's a people problem, more than a gun problem. I don't have a link, I just heard it on the news, but the "per capita" rate of shootings is apparently 6 times what Canada has.

That's a people/mental health issue.

Even if they put everyone to sleep, ran around confiscating guns, people would wake up, and figure out new weapons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join