It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most realistic scenerio where the US begins a massive gun ban and confiscation ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elostone
a reply to: TheLotLizard

And you seem to have forgotten that all military and all law enforcement take an oath to uphold the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
That includes the 2nd amendment.

But isn't it possible that the Bill of Rights might be suspended if martial law was implemented? Maybe because of the breakout of a civil war, or devastating natural disaster.

-dex

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniversalUnknown
Why someone might ask? Because I f***ing can, it's my right, and I hold an interest in them.

Second time in as many threads. We're making progress.

It's not about protection, or hunting, or safety or keeping the wild boars off your lawn, or looking after memaw and the grandies, or taking it down to the range for some wholesome recreation...

The main reason people stick their fingers in their ears after every mass event involving firearms, is not because they're simply tools created for KILLING things, no, the vitriol is all because "MINE MINE MINE GET LOST IT'S MINE MINE MINE!"

Guess what buddy... Non-US citizen here, telling you what I think. What ya gonna do? Itchy finger?

lmao

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
I literally can imagaine no scenerio where the government “comes for the guns..”

No elected democrat has ever said they wanted to do it..

No law enforcement body nor the military would be willing to enforce it...

So what is the most realistic scenerio where a nation wide ban and confiscation is passed in the 3 branches, and then implemented???

How would it be implemented??

Who would do it??

How would the neutralize the citizenry, law enforcement and military so they could do it??

Thoughts??

Martial law... the only way. And it WOULD lead to civil war and it would be a shooting war.

Think about it for a minute... so, somehow folks who want guns to go away manage to get that going. WHY?

Tired of the gun violence? So... you get the government to commit to using gun violence... as a remedy for gun violence.

Sounds legit... LOL

FWIW... anyone who mentions "doing what Australians did with gun laws" is talking about outright ban and confiscation... which BTW, is exactly what Hillary said... "...do what Australia did."

"Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants"

edit on 7-11-2017 by dasman888 because: gerbils

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
That would be a very bad day on both sides....

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: UniversalUnknown
Why someone might ask? Because I f***ing can, it's my right, and I hold an interest in them.

Second time in as many threads. We're making progress.

It's not about protection, or hunting, or safety or keeping the wild boars off your lawn, or looking after memaw and the grandies, or taking it down to the range for some wholesome recreation...

The main reason people stick their fingers in their ears after every mass event involving firearms, is not because they're simply tools created for KILLING things, no, the vitriol is all because "MINE MINE MINE GET LOST IT'S MINE MINE MINE!"

Guess what buddy... Non-US citizen here, telling you what I think. What ya gonna do? Itchy finger?

lmao

LOL... no... that's why we couldn't really care less what you think... you're probably just a roach. ;-)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

If a Left-Wing candidate becomes President in 2020, it's done deal.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I would make sure that civilians couldn't have access to military grade weapons under the guise that it's for their own protection. Then, I would convince the population that the firearms they have access to are the bar to measure the extent of the 2nd amendment rights.

From there I would create a stigma surrounding firearms and stereotype those that choose to own them. Put them in the most negative light possible in hopes to shame them from owning. All the while decreasing the education and obfuscating the factual matter of firearms.

So... just do what is being done right now, in other words?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
You forget that the military and the police are paid to listen to their uppers.

They can AND will implement a ban if they are told to. If you think they won’t thats pure ignorance. You think they would rather get thrown in jail for not following orders, then having to give up weapons themselves?

Laughable at most to think they won’t shoot you in the back when showing a gun.

You must live in Germany... and you must not have learned your history. People went to the gallows, who said "I was only following orders".

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I have come to the conclusion they never will give up their guns.

If nobody was willing to give up a gun after the Sandy Hook killing of all those kids, they never will.

I would have loved to visit the US for a holiday, but that wont be happening. Its just not safe there.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I'm thinking it will be a number of things,local police will go after registered gun owners,I'm sure with some"gun check" where they have to hold them for 72 hrs,they already have soldiers from the UN here,it won't be overnight,and no won't get them all,but thats what the soldiers are for,I don't think they care,they have an agenda and it will be fulfilled,even if it kills everyone

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   
All they have to do is light off a bomb on a crowded street, then tell everyone the 17 year old that did it is on the loose and they think he might blow up a city bus. The next morning declare "Shelter In Place" (martial law), and then come in with the military & fed's in charge of the local PD's as they go house to house. The MSM will just keep saying "repeat after me: dont worry, it's going to be okay, it isnt martial law, it isnt martial law".

After its all done and over with everyone will cheer the cops in the streets.

Antifa will erect Obama statues on every street corner. Children will paint the Obama statues' unicorn horns rainbow swirl colors using pretty pastel colors. Google will announce the day as the new national "punch a nazi" (white person) holiday. Mark Wahlberg will make a new movie about it, and the New Kids On The Block will get back together to do a re-union tour followed by a new album.

And the whole wide world will sail of into the sunset, with Obamacare and Social Justice for all.

Amen.

edit on 7-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: bellagirl

I would have loved to visit the US for a holiday, but that wont be happening. Its just not safe there.

This is about the most ridiculous post I’ve ever read on ATS. The only people you have to fear here are the criminals, just like in your country. Or is there zero violent crime in your country? Please stop the hyperbolic commenting. And if you do visit, remember that personal freedom is contagious...

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
No one wants to take your friggin guns. We just want better control over who can have them. This conversation is getting so tiresome.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

thats it, Sillyolme has joined a silly ol' JoshuaCox thread....

Its all downhill now

MODS where are you when we need you...Make ATS Great Again!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
It should be a very slow process.

It shouldn't be a case of "hey we're taking all your guns next week"

I have always said I believe that it should be a very slow process over a generation or even longer in which laws slowly change, education, the admiration of guns needs to change, the fear of everything that is rampant in America needs to change and there is probably a whole list of other factors that contribute to it.

Its not going to be a case of one day we take all your gun, its going to be a slow process, small changes over time until a more sensible gun ownership policy is in place.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

That shouldn’t take more than 500, no 600 years lol..

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

To point that out when there is no realistic plan..

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I don't think you need to get rid of your guns I think you need to address the issues that are causing the problems with gun crime.

Tighten up the laws on illigal firearms, offer a ten grand reward for shopping anyone with an unlicenced gun and let the criminals go crazy shopping and shooting each other for quick cash.

Convince the large ammount of responsible gun owners that tighter regulations on buying and selling guns and where they are kept would make a safer world for their kids.

Make ammo more expensive, if you have a gun for protection you do'nt need much ammo, if you shoot on a range then sell it cheaper there on a shots fired basis.

I think you should keep your guns but would love to see a way of you doing so without reading about the problems you have every single day.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
To see how it will be done, all you have to do is look to Australia where it has already been done -

National Firearms Agreement

..the National Firearms Agreement and Buyback Program, or the Nationwide Agreement on Firearms, was a firearm control law passed in Australia in 1996, in response to the Port Arthur massacre that killed 35 people. The laws to give effect to the Agreement were passed by Australian State governments only 12 days after the Port Arthur massacre.

The NFA placed tight control on semi-automatic and fully automatic weapons, although permitted their use by licensed individuals who required them for a purpose other than 'personal protection'.

..it was agreed to establish a temporary firearm buyback program for firearms that were once legal now made illegal, that according to the Council on Foreign Relations bought over 650,000 firearms. This program, which cost $230 million, was paid for by an increase in the country's taxes.

So basically they seized everybody's guns who had no purpose for them other than personal protection. Basically everybody had their semi- and automatic weapons seized and only people who belonged to a gun/target shooting club and had a regular attendance are allowed to own guns. People were paid fair market value when the arms were turned in.

if you’re transporting a rifle or a pistol in Australia, it’s got to have a trigger lock on it, so that if someone got to your car or you’re in transit pulling up and they break into your boot [trunk], there’s a lock on the pistol or the rifle. No firearms are allowed to be transported in a loaded condition. All ammunition has got to be carried in a separate locked container.

Pistols have more stringent rules. There’s a probationary period of six months and you have to turn up at your club and do eight competition shoots a year. If you’ve got different types of pistols it’s 12. So you’ve got to be committed to the sport.

The police are required to inspect your gun room. Since 1996, the police have inspected mine three or four times. While they can come randomly, they normally put a call through and we arrange an agreeable time to come in and inspect it.

after the 1996 massacre, I probably had to hand in six to eight semiautomatic rifles and shotguns to the police.

Article

Port Arthur massacre conspiracy

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

We will turn them all in as soon as you Liberals stop crying about everything.

Which will you will never do, so it won't happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join