It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most realistic scenerio where the US begins a massive gun ban and confiscation ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I literally can imagaine no scenerio where the government “comes for the guns..”

No elected democrat has ever said they wanted to do it..

No law enforcement body nor the military would be willing to enforce it...

So what is the most realistic scenerio where a nation wide ban and confiscation is passed in the 3 branches, and then implemented???

How would it be implemented??

Who would do it??

How would the neutralize the citizenry, law enforcement and military so they could do it??

Thoughts??

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Only in your fevered imagination.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I would make sure that civilians couldn't have access to military grade weapons under the guise that it's for their own protection. Then, I would convince the population that the firearms they have access to are the bar to measure the extent of the 2nd amendment rights.

From there I would create a stigma surrounding firearms and stereotype those that choose to own them. Put them in the most negative light possible in hopes to shame them from owning. All the while decreasing the education and obfuscating the factual matter of firearms.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

You can't

Say the U.S. stops producing ammo and the tool to fire that ammo.

Well there are plenty of Cartels south of here that will buy up mass produced foreign weapons, like opium. And simply turn a profit in sales. It may even be more profitable than any drugs Miami can buy.

It will flow like water..

EDIT: something something something... mental health needs annnnnnd
Puppies and kittens... and for that weird fetish guy, fish and bacon.
NOT EVEN KIDDING! We seriously need to invest in MENTAL HEALTH!

Edit edit: and curry?
edit on 7-11-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

There is none.

There are literally hundreds of threads on this exact topic. I'm sure you have participated in in more than a few of them.

Why keep making more of these?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
I literally can imagaine no scenerio where the government “comes for the guns..”

It was called "The Powder Alarm" in 1774. It triggered a Revolution.

Nor would they be able to.

So what is the most realistic scenerio where a nation wide ban and confiscation is passed in the 3 branches, and then implemented???

A few minor skirmishes, maybe a few arrests or outright killings, then American Revolution 2.0.

A few SWAT raids, up until attrition set in.

Who would do it??

Likely feds and staties, right up until they decided that they like living.

How would the neutralize the citizenry, law enforcement and military so they could do it??

Bang, bang, bang. Right up until there were no more enforcers left due to defection and attrition.

Thoughts??

It's a pipe dream, will never happen. That said, the only natural enemies of firearms are politicians and rust.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

No elected democrat has ever said they wanted to do it..

Who would do it??

Thoughts??

There isn’t one. No program can do it and no law enforcement agency or even military can do it. Imagine having to fight millions of owners to the death for their firearms. There isn’t enough man power in the entire government to do that period.

Sorry

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Assuming the US Government decided to disarm its citizens, I can imagine only one scenario where the American public can be disarmed. And that is by using non-human entities to carry out raids and searches:
i, robot

KURATAS

Robocop's ED209

Terminator T-1

Russian FEDOR

Minority Report Spider Bots

Total Recall Police Robot

Cybernetic force multiplier. By 2030 or so, the government will be able to do anything it wants...

-dex

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Start a war, send all your men to a foreign country to fight the war, change laws and take guns while everyone is away.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
You forget that the military and the police are paid to listen to their uppers.

They can AND will implement a ban if they are told to. If you think they won’t thats pure ignorance. You think they would rather get thrown in jail for not following orders, then having to give up weapons themselves?

Laughable at most to think they won’t shoot you in the back when showing a gun.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Aint gonna happen.Ever

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

Can't get paid when you're dead, which is what it would come to. It also leaves your family and household vulnerable to attack when you're away on a raid.

They can AND will implement a ban if they are told to. If you think they won’t thats pure ignorance. You think they would rather get thrown in jail for not following orders, then having to give up weapons themselves?

The ones I've spoken to would prefer to not be involved, or at home with their family during the ensuing crapstorm.

Again, considering that a mass confiscation of guns would kick off another Civil War/Revolution, they'll be busier worrying about their own affairs. History doesn't repeat, but it rhymes.

It's hard to enforce tyranny when the oppressed can shoot back and some have military training.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
It is quite hard to strip people of a right they have enjoyed since 1791.

I don't see it happening. Ever.

I hope it never happens either. Going to shooting range with my sister's significant other is one of the highlights of my visits to America.

The other is the ungodly portions the food comes in.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

and what if they simply refuse? Would not be the first time in history there's been revolt from the security forces.

The government loses the support of the police and the military. Then, for all intents and purposes, the government no longer exists since it has lost control of the means to enforce order.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Thoughts?

Use the ATS search function - "US gun ban"

'why the need for yet another thread?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Ain't gonna happen.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Why keep making more of these?

because he's specialth

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

And you seem to have forgotten that all military and all law enforcement take an oath to uphold the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
That includes the 2nd amendment.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Ain't gonna happen!

It will stay the same and eventually when the U.S loses its wealth because of the "usual suspects" it will become more like states such as Mexico and Columbia, violent hell holes where the money ran out and nobody is ever really safe; where the politicians are crime bosses, et c, et c , et c. Some poor areas of the U.S are already there near enough.

The sacrifices you guys have to make for the gun are life quality destroying. I don't envy yo THAT freedom one bit, Joshua Cox.

Bye for now.

edit on 7-11-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Jesus. I think I have only commented once or twice out of my over ten years of viewing this site, but goddammit would people just stop. Maybe I'm wrong, and I admit I might be, but reading OP sounds like one of the countless foreigners I read commenting this or that or hypothisizing on the abolishment of my countries gun laws. The fact is, I personally don't currently own firearms, but at this point in time I plan on taking firearms courses to learn how to shoot and handle higher powered weapons as I've already shot rifles and such, and making gun purchases. As well as purchasing my choice of mythical automatics made prior to 1986 including ak-47's, uzi's or micro-uzi's, or Tommy guns, and of course the generalized "AR-15s". The AR-15 which can include an attached grenade launcher if desired. Why someone might ask? Because I f***ing can, it's my right, and I hold an interest in them. Again it's not up to any citizen of a foreign nation to tell me otherwise or to hypothesize on removing that right.
To reply to the thread, I honestly don't see any way or how that would be implemented. You act as if the United States military and/or police force is made up of people who don't know they hold the same rights. Pretty much any former military member I personally know owns personal firearms, and have made clear they know it is their personal right to privately own firearms, and would defend that right. Most current military members know and respect previous soldiers, and those soldiers know and respect those that came before them, making an overall change of mindset extremely hard to implement. Not only that, I have a lot of people in my own family who hunt, shoot, etc, that support the second amendment. Not only that, there are law enforcement officers in the same family, and if you think that people that don't even currently own firearms in this country would stand by and watch their own family members fall regardless of political opinions, you are in for a world of surprise.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join