It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Who Shot Texas Church Gunman Shares His Story

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I have to say, I cannot see how the deaths are the fault of anyone at all.

The shooter was mentally ill, so he is not legally responsible. The tool he used did not matter to him. He could have used a combat knife, a hatchet, or a bomb made of cleaning chemicals to do the same damage, and a bomb would have been faster.

And we do not know for certain that the attack as it stood, would not have been longer, perhaps broader in scope, if the shooter had not have been engaged prior to fleeing. For all we know he could have intended on going to the next nearest church right after, and spending any remaining ammunition on their congregation too!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Hopefully this shooting is exactly as it seems, one nut shooter, and not something bigger, else this man might be in trouble.(safety wise) Brave, selfless act. A true hero who would do it again and ask nothing in return. That should be the definition of a Human.
edit on 7-11-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Interesting. I was discussing this with a family member who lives in San Antonio, and she shared some details I hadn't heard. Not sure if 100% accurate or not, but some differences in what I have read/heard elsewhere.

She stated that the shooter started shooting into the church, before entering. Apparently, he was there because the parents of his ex-wife attended there. The man who stopped him, she stated, ran down the street, upon hearing shots, with his gun, to try and do something, entered the church and tackled the shooter, taking away his rifle. The shooter then fled, and the man stopped a younger guy, and they pursued the shooter in the younger guy's car, till he was stopped.

Still looking for a link with those details, and will post if I can find it.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
*snip*

Right now, as with other mass shootings, conservatives are using everything to argue that access to these sorts of guns is not the problem. This includes waving around Willeford as an example, using him as a prop (not that he minds I'm sure), despite the facts at hand. It's not making any ground though. People are becoming increasingly fed up. These excuses won't last.

Let's also be honest here, you couldn't give a damn about Willeford's actions. It's purely ideological.

I guess you didn't bother watching the video of his interview. The shooter had other guns, and lots of ammo, in his car, and there was another church in the direction he headed. Very likely, he was far fro done killing. But, hey, pretend nothing he did matters, since pushing an agenda is more important than the facts.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I don't want to wade into the gun debate about this, but does anyone else find it odd that the shooter called his dad telling him he was mortally wounded? I don't mean odd in the conspiracy sense of the word, but I mean odd as in, what is your mental state? For some reason I just assume that someone that goes on a mass killing spree has so isolated themselves that a call to a loved one would be unthinkable.
Did he realize his dad would hate him and did he just want to hear his voice to say goodbye? It seems weird to humanize him in such a way after he's done such a thing.
Was he so divorced from reality that he would think his dad wouldn't mind - did he think he was functioning for the greater good?

It sounds like the kind of thing a jihadi would do after shooting up a bunch of people - I'm not remotely suggesting he was a jihadi but that's just my impression of the phone call - of someone doing something that they think isn't wrong.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
It's' great this guy was able to put a stop to the massacre but what is the world coming to? are we all gonna have to be strapped with AR's to protect ourselves in case some wacko decides to go on a rampage. I'm 2 blocks north of Detroit and I smoke outside. I hear gunshots every single night. It's 5 am and I gotta go get smokes. Every time I go to the store and it's dark I worry about some gun toating idiot with an IQ of 75 sticking a gun in my face.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join