It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 sealed indictments now.....

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

originally posted by: soberbacchus
...it is all speculation.

There is no shortage of that across the entire political spectrum.

Hasn't stopped the MSM or Trump haters from wallowing in it.

Plenty of fodder for both sides in sealed indictments when the truth might be that Joe blow got indicted for trying to pay off a local cop for a speeding ticket etc.

I read that roughly a third of all DC Court indictments are sealed. The current numbers are indisputably an uptick, but I think folks might be making too much out of it.

Edit to Add: Reporters seem like they have been staking out the courthouse. When the sealed indictments on Manafort et al. broke, reporters were commenting on how Muellers team was seen at the courthouse that day obviously asking a judge for something etc.

I will wait for sealed indictments after Team Mueller visits the court house before investing too much in speculation.
edit on 9-11-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes, I believe so at the Federal level. I know on the State level anyone can present evidence of illegal activity to a prosecutor in the form of a criminal complaint. As far as the Feds go, I am unsure but would imagine congress could bring evidence of illegal activity to a Federal prosecutor.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Plenty of fodder for both sides in sealed indictments when the truth might be that Joe blow got indicted for trying to pay off a local cop for a speeding ticket etc.

I read that roughly a third of all DC Court indictments are sealed. The current numbers are indisputably an uptick, but I think folks might be making too much out of it.

A study I cited earlier in this thread done in 2009 by the government stated that in Federal cases only 287 out of 67000 were sealed.....having this many pop up in 2 weeks is really unusual.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Will be interesting indeed. Some could certainly be unrelated, or even all of them. But I doubt it, that is a pretty significant number of sealed indictments (far beyond the co-conspirators of any such indictments in recent history from what I can remember). The only real reason I can think of to do something like this is to take down everyone at once and prevent additional evidence destruction or time to flee.

Can't wait to find out though!

edit on 11/9/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

For even more advance notice, look for the (illegal) leak from Mueller's team. Last time, the Monday indictments were pre-announced by the Friday leak.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Yes, I believe so at the Federal level. I know on the State level anyone can present evidence of illegal activity to a prosecutor in the form of a criminal complaint. As far as the Feds go, I am unsure but would imagine congress could bring evidence of illegal activity to a Federal prosecutor.

Thanks for that thorough reply! There is definitely something big brewing. Just in time to derail the Republican Tax-Cuts/Tax-Reform. Coincidence?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

edit on 9-11-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

For even more advance notice, look for the (illegal) leak from Mueller's team. Last time, the Monday indictments were pre-announced by the Friday leak.

Manafort, gates and Papadopoulos attorneys would be in the know as well. I read that Manaforts attorney in particular was at the DC Court when the "Sealed" indictments were issued.

All that apart from court clerks and legal aides.

And the whole idea that sealed indictments were popped off at the same time Team Mueller was in the building?

Just saying, plenty of possibilities for leaks without Mueller's team being the source.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

A study I cited earlier in this thread done in 2009 by the government stated that in Federal cases only 287 out of 67000 were sealed.....having this many pop up in 2 weeks is really unusual.

One obvious question is how common sealed indictments are. Reilly counted them up and found that roughly 60 of the 188 criminal cases filed this year are currently sealed. One-third means any individual sealed case isn’t that uncommon.

hotair.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

With so many indictments, perhaps looking for the arrival of a greyhound bus full of attorneys and assistants would be the tip-off.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

With so many indictments, perhaps looking for the arrival of a greyhound bus full of attorneys and assistants would be the tip-off.

There is some truth there. Indictments require a full accounting of evidence to support charges.
From a pure time, manpower and bandwidth perspective, how many indictments can Mueller's team roll out in a span of weeks?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

So the lady who started all of this on 4Chan, 3 days ago, should be ashamed of herself.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

All of that said. The case has looked strong against Flynn for a while now. I do suspect he has been indicted and it is not public because he is either cooperating or negotiating the terms of his cooperation.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

There is some truth there. Indictments require a full accounting of evidence to support charges.
From a pure time, manpower and bandwidth perspective, how many indictments can Mueller's team roll out in a span of weeks?

Congress said 2 weeks ago that they would determine whether to recommend terminating Mueller's investigation after he submits his "expense report" for payment..around mid-November. If Mueller charges taxpayers a lot of money, but has delivered meager results, his days would be numbered.

The pressure to deliver is very high right now.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Congress said 2 weeks ago that they would determine whether to recommend terminating Mueller's investigation after he submits his "expense report" for payment..around mid-November. If Mueller charges taxpayers a lot of money, but has delivered meager results, his days would be numbered.

The pressure to deliver is very high right now.

That is rhetoric from some GOP in congress. Mueller getting canned for any reason would be a sh87 storm the GOP cant afford right now.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Grand juries use a lesser standard than a probable cause statement. A grand jury is presented only 1 side of the story (prosecutions). People ordered to appear before a grand jury are not entitled to legal counsel being present in the room. There is no cross examination either.

Its why they say a grand jury would indict a ham sandwich. Given the lopsided nature of the presentation not getting a grand jury to issue indictments is low. Getting a grand jury to indict is the easy part. Proving the case in court is something else entirely.

We need to follow whats going on but I would not get my hopes up.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
U.S. Risks ‘Coup’ if Mueller Investigation Continues, Republicans Warn

Special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into whether the Trump campaign assisted Russia in its effort to interfere in the 2016 election amounts to an attempt to overthrow the government, Republicans have argued.

“We are at risk of a coup d'etat in this country if we allow an unaccountable person, with no oversight, to undermine the duly-elected President of the United States,” said Florida Congressman Rep. Matt Gaetz from the chamber floor.

He was joined by other members of the House Freedom Caucus, a hard-right group of Republicans, who brought a motion last week calling for Mueller step down because of “obvious conflicts of interest.” The measure wouldn’t be binding, but it would put the House on record in opposition to Mueller.

click link for article...

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

It's weird they choose to say "roughly 60" of 188. A precise number shouldn't be hard...

Using that number anyway, YTD at time of printing (30 OCT) was 56 (+4 in between Manaforte and Co. To get to 60)

Those 4 +27 more reported yesterday in ten days. 60 in ten months (6 per month average). The past ten days 31 (rumoured to be higher) have been filed.

That seems to belie the "not uncommon" narrative to me.
edit on 9-11-2017 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

You're right. 50 in Eastern Virginia Courthouse plus 33 the D.C. Courthouse = 83. Very unusual indeed.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

edit on 11/9/2017 by carewemust because: shadow double post removed.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join