It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not the NRA or Trump Supporters or Gun Dealers have blood on their hands...the US Air Force Does

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Link

So there are threads about the NRA, and gun laws and Conservatives and gun dealers but it seems like the 2nd Amendment was not to blame. It was the US Air Force.

the Air Force admitted on Monday that it had failed to enter the man’s domestic violence court-martial into a federal database that could have blocked him from buying the rifle he used to kill 26 people.

“The Air Force has launched a review of how the service handled the criminal records of former Airman Devin P. Kelley following his 2012 domestic violence conviction,” the Air Force said in a statement. “Federal law prohibited him from buying or possessing firearms after this conviction.”

The 2nd Amendment is what ended this tragedy and instead of criticizing like numeorus actors and politicains it should be praised. Like our President stated.

Link

President Donald Trump speaks during a news conference with Shinzo Abe, Japan's prime minister, not pictured, at Akasaka Palace in Tokyo, Japan, November 6, 2017. Trump: Texas shooting is a 'mental health problem,' not about guns 8 Hours Ago | 01:19 President Donald Trump said Monday he believed the Texas church shooting was caused by a "mental health problem," and not because of a problem with domestic gun laws. When asked whether U.S. gun control measures could have been the key to the Texas shooting, Trump replied, "Mental health is your problem here." "This isn't a guns situation," he said, before adding, "This is a mental health problem at the highest level. It's a very, very sad event." At least 26 people were killed and about 20 others were wounded after a gunman opened fire during a Sunday service at a Texas church. The victims ranged in age from 5 to 72-years-old. Speaking at a joint press conference in Tokyo, Japan, alongside Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, Trump described the shooter as "a very deranged individual."

So, because of a lazy clerical error a man was able to obtain a weapon and kill almost the entire congregation of a church. This is horrible. Whole families gone. Children killed out of hate. He showed the warning signs. We cannot let this happen again.
edit on Novpm30pmf0000002017-11-06T18:12:54-06:000654 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Novpm30pmf0000002017-11-06T18:13:12-06:000612 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
we just need to arm every citizen, a la South Park, and solve all of the problems in this country.
it would be a safer country. imagine it...

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Another item of note: not a single member of the NRA has EVER committed murder, especially mass murder, with a gun EVER....fun fact for all those "blood on our hands" folk.

Quick get your Google's out and fact check that

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Link

So there are threads about the NRA, and gun laws and Conservatives and gun dealers but it seems like the 2nd Amendment was not to blame. It was the US Air Force.

the Air Force admitted on Monday that it had failed to enter the man’s domestic violence court-martial into a federal database that could have blocked him from buying the rifle he used to kill 26 people.

“The Air Force has launched a review of how the service handled the criminal records of former Airman Devin P. Kelley following his 2012 domestic violence conviction,” the Air Force said in a statement. “Federal law prohibited him from buying or possessing firearms after this conviction.”

The 2nd Amendment is what ended this tragedy and instead of criticizing like numeorus actors and politicains it should be praised. Like our President stated.

Link

President Donald Trump speaks during a news conference with Shinzo Abe, Japan's prime minister, not pictured, at Akasaka Palace in Tokyo, Japan, November 6, 2017. Trump: Texas shooting is a 'mental health problem,' not about guns 8 Hours Ago | 01:19 President Donald Trump said Monday he believed the Texas church shooting was caused by a "mental health problem," and not because of a problem with domestic gun laws. When asked whether U.S. gun control measures could have been the key to the Texas shooting, Trump replied, "Mental health is your problem here." "This isn't a guns situation," he said, before adding, "This is a mental health problem at the highest level. It's a very, very sad event." At least 26 people were killed and about 20 others were wounded after a gunman opened fire during a Sunday service at a Texas church. The victims ranged in age from 5 to 72-years-old. Speaking at a joint press conference in Tokyo, Japan, alongside Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, Trump described the shooter as "a very deranged individual."

So, because of a lazy clerical error a man was able to obtain a weapon and kill almost the entire congregation of a church. This is horrible. Whole families gone. Children killed out of hate. He showed the warning signs. We cannot let this happen again.

Do you really think this guy couldn't have acquired weapons either way?

The blood is on his hands, no one else's.

Not pointing at you but, I'm really getting tired of the blame game...anyone other than the shooter.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
we just need to arm every citizen, a la South Park, and solve all of the problems in this country.

I grew up in a community where even the grandmas packed a sidearm. Lowest crime area I've ever been in. If a disagreement did break out, it usually ended in threats to "call your folks and tell them you're acting like a fool" which was a wonderful diffuser of issues.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I get you. I do. I can't stand seeing his f'n face on TV and media. I hate how they parade this evil bastards.

Just understand please that this thread was really not about him. This is to the people in these forums wanting to blame anyone other than why it actually happened. The knee jerk reaction that if he did not have a gun it would not have happened and how the laws failed. It was a clerical mistake. They happen. This one led to the deaths of over 20 people.

He would have done this in one way or another. He was a sick prick and it is evident in breaking an infants skull and torturing animals. He was a time bomb waiting to happen.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Agreed.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
A bureaucrat's negligence! Imagine that.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: odzeandennz

I grew up in a community where even the grandmas packed a sidearm. Lowest crime area I've ever been in. If a disagreement did break out, it usually ended in threats to "call your folks and tell them you're acting like a fool" which was a wonderful diffuser of issues.

proof. that's exactly what I mean.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Another item of note: not a single member of the NRA has EVER committed murder, especially mass murder, with a gun EVER....fun fact for all those "blood on our hands" folk.

That's just stupid...how do you know, it's not a matter of record, the NRA is not a banned organisation it's legal, who records a killer as being an NRA member, where's the requirement?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
well did they forget to enter his discharge, i'm sure that a dishonorable discharge shows up in the back ground check and would send up a red flag.

ETA: a dishonorable discharge is a punitive, ie meaning part of his punishment from being court marshaled. they are for more serious offensives and would be counter part to a felony conviction in a civilian court.

from the wiki, bold mine.

Dishonorable A dishonorable discharge (DD) can only be handed down to an enlisted member by a general court-martial. Dishonorable discharges are handed down for what the military considers the most reprehensible conduct. This type of discharge may be rendered only by conviction at a general court-martial for serious offenses (e.g., desertion, sexual assault, murder, etc.) that call for dishonorable discharge as part of the sentence. With this characterization of service, all veterans' benefits are lost, regardless of any past honorable service, and this type of discharge is regarded as shameful in the military.

In many states a dishonorable discharge is deemed the equivalent of a felony conviction, with attendant loss of civil rights.[16] Additionally, US federal law prohibits possession of firearms by those who have been dishonorably discharged[17] per the Gun Control Act of 1968.
Military Discharge

edit on 6-11-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA: did some searching turns out he got a BCD Bad Conduct Discharge, not a dishonorable like was reported last night.

edit on 6-11-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

That's just stupid...how do you know, it's not a matter of record, the NRA is not a banned organisation it's legal, who records a killer as being an NRA member, where's the requirement?

Rather simple, my man, The NRA has the names of it's members. Yes? THEY know and promote the fact, just as you or I would. If they're lying it would out sooner or later and they'd suffer far more credibility lost than gained by lying. That's assuming your reasonable enough not to consider the NRA some evil organization, that is.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Believe it or not, Rush Limbaugh read the stats today on air. I'm digging around to find his source.

But never you mind Pugh has very interesting statistics on things regarding the NRA you would never guess there were metrics for.

Have a look before you get too bent out a shape. I have...and truly gun owner members of the NRA are far less apt to commit crime of any kind...try Google ya might be surprised.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Oh and btw of the 130 qualifying mass shootings (4or more) over the past 51 years....absolutely ZERO NRA members

Here ya go :www.quora.com... ly-owned-by-the-shooters

You like eggs?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Rather simple, my man, The NRA has the names of it's members. Yes? THEY know and promote the fact, just as you or I would. If they're lying it would out sooner or later and they'd suffer far more credibility lost than gained by lying. That's assuming your reasonable enough not to consider the NRA some evil organization, that is.

I'm talking about the law, there is no requirement. The NRA, can do their own thing, which they do, there's nothing simple about it. They also have a public image, that promotes crime prevention as the big evil in the use of weapons, you's be mad in the head to think that stopping crime would end a huge amount of killings.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Oh and btw of the 130 qualifying mass shootings (4or more) over the past 51 years....absolutely ZERO NRA members

Here ya go :www.quora.com... ly-owned-by-the-shooters

You like eggs?

Don't be an ass...1871 to date.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
We all have blood on our hands. We're all complicit because we enable this pathogenic society.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: sooth

you can feel guilty all you want, me i don't feel any guilt because a sick puppy broke the law and killed people.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Ass? Huh, anyway, did you bother reading the link? You have any actual response? 50+ years verified is more than enough to establish president.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

I'm talking about the law, there is no requirement. The NRA, can do their own thing, which they do, there's nothing simple about it. They also have a public image, that promotes crime prevention as the big evil in the use of weapons, you's be mad in the head to think that stopping crime would end a huge amount of killings.

Ahh, an Irish 'expert' on the U.S.. I bow to your wisdom....NOT.

Screw your 'laws'. The shooting was already against the 'law'. 300-330 million rifles and handguns in the hands of the civilian population. 3 TRILLION rounds.

More than all the armies in the world combined, plus , plus. Yes?

Fathers teaching sons for generations. Do you really think they're giving them up? I can't help but wonder if you'd be under the English thumb if you batch had a similar spine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join