It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curry. Delicious Treat or Devilish Bowel Destroyer?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Thai Green Curry (thai)
Goanese Korma (indian)
Guilin chilli (chinese)
goat curry (jamaican)

these are my favourite curries of all time

oh yeh and in the top 3 defo my maws curry !

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
When the bottom is falling out of your world have a good Biryani curry from Leeds or Bradford and slosh it down with a hand pulled pint of Guiness.

And the world will fall out of your bottom...

Napalm death assured and remember to put the loo roll in the freezer for the morning after...

And it burns burns burns... the ring of fire...

Warmest

Lags
edit on 7-11-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Because I am crap at typing on a phone

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
All You People (ya, that's right) that advocate curry, disgust me!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

Why?

« farts »

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Curry has so many variations there must be at least some you would like.

I used to like them hot but now I often make them without any chilli's at all.

I like to make ones where flavours like cardamon and methi(fenugreek) come through so they are more like a well balanced but warming stew with lots of levels of depth that comes with slow cooking and yogourt added at the end.

You get a really hearty rewarding meal that is great with fresh naan type bread straight out of the oven.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Yeah, I'm not buying your propaganda.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Yeah, I'm not buying your propaganda.

Then you are missing out

Tell me what it is you do not like about curry and I bet I can suggest something that you would enjoy.

Even just in India the regional variation in ingredients and preference is enough that I have never known someone who has not liked at least on of my curries.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I get sick from eating it. All this anti-curry stuff came from a now deleted thread. I wish they would have closed it, but still left it up. It was almost as fun as the "Deserted Island" thread.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I get sick from eating it. All this anti-curry stuff came from a now deleted thread. I wish they would have closed it, but still left it up. It was almost as fun as the "Deserted Island" thread.

I saw a bit of that thread but it was gone when I was able to come back lol.

You cant be ill from eating curry as it is such a general term!

You must be allergic to something that is in some curries or gotten ill from a curry one time and it is stuck in your mind.

My ex was convinced that she was allergic to prawn curry as the one time she had one she was violently sick but refused to admit it might have been the dozen or so double vodka and tonic's she had before during and after eating it!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

It's just never sat well with me, I think it's too rich. I can eat other spicy foods, just not the curry.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I love curry or tumeric as it is sold for health. I was plagued with gout from the age of 25 (no I wasn't a fatty - I weighed about 180 then at 6 foot tall). Gout is horrible as anyone that has had it knows, and the medicine that is given for it may be arguably worse. Then around the age of 40 I started getting arthritis as well. After about 2 years of being in incredible pain and listening to doctors that would never help - I decided to do some research. In the end I found that tumeric is an amazing thing. I began taking it daily. 3 months later the arthritis was gone. I have had one gout attack since then and that was about 4 months into the regimen.

People can tell me its BS all they want, it worked for me and that is all I know.

I also love Thai and Indian food.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
I love curry or tumeric as it is sold for health. I was plagued with gout from the age of 25 (no I wasn't a fatty - I weighed about 180 then at 6 foot tall). Gout is horrible as anyone that has had it knows, and the medicine that is given for it may be arguably worse. Then around the age of 40 I started getting arthritis as well. After about 2 years of being in incredible pain and listening to doctors that would never help - I decided to do some research. In the end I found that tumeric is an amazing thing. I began taking it daily. 3 months later the arthritis was gone. I have had one gout attack since then and that was about 4 months into the regimen.

People can tell me its BS all they want, it worked for me and that is all I know.

I also love Thai and Indian food.

Curry is a generic term for a spiced stew that comes in many forms. Tumeric is a spice that is often used in curries and as you say has many health benefits.

I am not sure how you have got them mixed up unless you are thinking about curry powder which is a mix of spices but nearly always has tumeric in it.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I do love a curry. I tend to make my own these days using my own blends of spices depending on the mood I'm in. Anything from a phaal, tikka massala or a aromatic Thai green with fresh lemongrass. Flat breads and sides aren't too difficult to master and you can freeze them anyway for another day.

Various herbs and spices have great health benefits, a curry can be a perfect cocktail.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Certainly is interesting how many of us do eat so many foods that are so bad for us. Spicy foods and acid based drinks certainly are leaving our stomachs fighting all kinds of battles it shouldnt. Importantly most go undiagnosed until too late or more importantly, until we realise ourselves that we have a condition. Most doctors brush over serious illnesses because they do not spend enough time assessing people now.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
Spicy foods...certainly are leaving our stomachs fighting all kinds of battles it shouldnt.

No they aren't. Unless you have an existing stomach condition spicy foods, particularly capsaicin, doesn't cause stomach issues.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

You might actually look up the health benefits of each of the spicy (and and all of them in your spice cabinet). 95% of them are medicine; turmeric being the finest medicine known to man (and thats per science). But you're talking like it's aki to eating glazed donuts habitually.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
All the mentions of turmeric being a super spice,

reminds me of 'Golden Milk' ...

From memory there is a thread on ATS on golden milk and its benefits.

www.google.com.au...
edit on 7-11-2017 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Fair enough. I had a vision of a 20 bedroom home with special bathroom facilities...LOL

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Hahaha
Nope, not the Ritz lol

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join