It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curry. Delicious Treat or Devilish Bowel Destroyer?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I have no idea how to season whale fat deep fried baby seal, though. Perhaps a fine Thai Yellow Curry??

Which by the way, Thai Yellow Curry is the most 'proper Indian' form. It's the Thai Method but mostly using the Indian Ingredients. I imagine the other pastes were permutations that followed their take on Indian Curry.

I once made it the paste from scratch, the whole deal, with added pure grade Turmeric (Curcumin) AND.... "Curry Plant" leaf... to really set it off. Lots of peppers, squash, seafood. Had that wok to the brim! Gots lots of hugs from a girl a friend brought over met for the first time. And she wasnt a slut or anything like that. The stuff seriously gets you 'high' (makes you happy).

edit on 7-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: rickymouse

Are you some kind of square?

Curry main ingredient Turmeric is an anti-depressant (in high doses).

And when coupled with capsaicin, releases endorphins.

All my auntis are dead already, they aren't depressed anymore. I'm the next on the chopping block, I hope they don't have curry dishes at my funeral.

My daughter was all uppity on Curry dishes when she went to study Yoga in India from a real Yogi. Did that for three years. After the novelty wore off, she discovered that curry makes her feel like crap and she rarely eats it anymore. She does eat ginger, that actually increases intelect by binding to the endocannibinoid receptors.

Yeah, I guess I am kind of square. I do not care for foods that dope me up. Those kind of dopey days went away back in the early eighties, I had to run a business after that time, you can't be doped up on food chemistry and still keep the crews going and work sixteen hours a day a lot.
edit on 6-11-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
love it! and chicken tikka masala!

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousMoose

g.co...

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Is not really enjoying food some sort of dieting trick?

Sounds effective.

Me personally, I find the spoon & fork to be amongst the most crucial Quality of Life aspects of life that applies to everyone.

Ergo, food from some of the poorest regions of the world happen to be the "richest" that exist.

That isnt a coincidence, I insist.

Making it all yourself maximizes said enjoyment.

The effort actually doing all that burns calories. Especially a complicated affair of making thai curry pastes from scratch (prepare for more than one cook batch the stuff keeps well).

No wonder Thai's arent all obese.

edit on 6-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I like to make pasties and all sorts of homemade things. I do not like spicy food that much, in fact, the BBQ sauce we used is really mellow. I do not make hot chili either, the wife is the same way.

I like tasting the meat and veggies, not covering up the taste with spices.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

urinal during dinner....thank eff I was at home.

WTF - you have a urinal as well? Do you live in a hotel?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They say eating Flipper is good for weight loss...all that fish oil is good oil

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

LOVE THIS FOOOOOOD

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

food of the gods!

most of the ingredients are really good for you , especially the tumeric for the bowels

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
8 pages people. This thread went 8 pages. It's a testament to the power of the curry.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
He likes alcohol and food, thus the fluctuation in size.

I like food and booze and I'm not a fatty boombah.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
(sigh)

Well, I had some fun and interesting input to this curry thread...about actual culinary stuff...but I'm afraid at this point any input I might have will just be buried in the all the 'clever and cute' little banter back and forth. So I guess I'll just save it for another day.

edit on 11/7/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
(sigh)

Well, I had some fun and interesting input to this curry thread...about actual culinary stuff...but I'm afraid at this point any input I might have will just be buried in the all the 'clever and cute' little banter back and forth. So I guess I'll just save it for another day.

Well I missed this yesterday and as a Brit who was a chef for many years and lived in various multicultual cities I am quite happy to hear what you have to say about it peppered inbetween the banter and obligatory fart comments.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Lol ok...always hard to read inflection. I liked the look of the thread.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

awww cmon mate share your curry love with us all !

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Love curry, Thai style is great. Sometimes will make my own (you can usually get all the ingredients pretty inexpensively at an international shop), but often just use curry paste and add other stuff to it, including PLENTY of Thai peppers. Can't make it hot enough! : )

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I love butter chicken...I hate how curry stinks up my house and clothes.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Lay it on us Mr disk! Everyone could use more curry talk

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Lol thats just what I call the bathroom.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join