It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curry. Delicious Treat or Devilish Bowel Destroyer?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

Damn it man, post two lines. Anything curry related is on thin ice tonight. You trying to get this binned?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Oh, # I forgot about that. We get Indian food catered too, and the lamb in curry sauce is amazing. I could not stop eating it the last time we had it. Curried spinach and tofu was also absolutely amazing.

Here I am having (non-curry) lamb chops tonight, but wish I had remembered....

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Jamaican Curry is my favorite.

I know I havent been eating enough curry when the mosquitos start chewing on me.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

I'll eat curry if it's not; spicy, hot, burns, tastes funny, or comes from foreign places.

If curry is shaped like a ribeye, cooked on the grill with some salt, pepper, garlic and a little herb butter is placed on top. . . . I'll eat that kind of curry.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I like the curries that when you walk in to the kitchen as it's being prepared, you start coughing due to the potent fumes and aromas - it permeates the entire house until the paste is seared with the meat. I always go to the local Asian supermarket for my pastes, can't read the labels but it's the sh!t - mad taste, scoville scale off-the-charts!!!!

Vindaloo (lamb usually for me), by far, is the bomb - can't get enough of that taste.

and the next morning, my bum IS the gun, a vile weapon of mass dry-reaching!!!

Sounds like you're talking about Thai Curry. A very different animals than the Indian & West indies powders. Ingredients so bizarre in those pastes that you wouldnt really think it would work out to become the best shia'ite ever, that nobody would have even tried. Shrimp paste... oh noes!!!

a reply to: DBCowboy

"Spicy" doesnt infer "Hot", and curry is certainly Spicy while it goes well with Hot. Always comes from foreign places.
edit on 6-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Foreign places ascare me.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Oh man, you #in funny - the perfect satirical response about the importance of expanding ones horizons beyond the comfort zones we build for ourselves.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I love making Curry! I use Coconut milk as my base, whereas I alter my formula for taste from time to time here's my base:

1.5 cans of Coconut milk
Turmeric 1 tbsp, coriander 1tbsp, cumin 1tbsp, cinnamon 1/2 tsp, ginger 1/4 tsp, sugar tbsp

The amounts on spices is conservative as I am pretty heavy handed at home. If it's just the wife and I eating I may add some variety of hot pepper, or red pepper flakes.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Say what?! I even found a picture of curry lentils just for you.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I don't cook often but my wife is making more and more "Daddy dinner nights" where it's my job to cook. I'd be lying if I said I'm not enjoying it. I may have to try and make curry one night. Thanks for the inspiration.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: Deetermined

Oh, # I forgot about that. We get Indian food catered too, and the lamb in curry sauce is amazing. I could not stop eating it the last time we had it. Curried spinach and tofu was also absolutely amazing.

Here I am having (non-curry) lamb chops tonight, but wish I had remembered....

OH, you just reminded me of one of my favorites that everyone loves when I fix it! I bet the sauce would be wonderful with lamb chops too.

Thai Curry Coconut Pork Chops! (Here's the recipe for the sauce)

1/2 cup sweet and spicy barbecue sauce
1/2 cup cream of coconut or coconut milk
1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
2 tsps of ginger paste
1/2 tsp curry powder

We grill the porkchops and then baste it with the sauce while grilling and again after grilling.

edit on 6-11-2017 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The hottest dish I ever made was Jamaican Curry Powder, fresh picked Japanese Peppers and fresh ground Szechuan Peppercorns. Imagine had plenty of fresh ground black peppercorns in there, as standard (I eat nearly half a gallon of black peppercorns annually I recently calculated).

I think it was mostly the Szechuan peppercorns that set the thing off; it was the first time I ever used them and didnt realize it takes a tiny amount of just them alone to get your hot receptors going overdrive. The curry powder was the perfect lubricant for the ordeal, where combined with the fresh capsaicin in those not so humble but not overkill japanese peppers, you might as well been eating superhot pepper pod salsa by the spoon. It was awesome!

edit on 6-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Oh man, you #in funny - the perfect satirical response about the importance of expanding ones horizons beyond the comfort zones we build for ourselves.

I've expanded my horizons and sweat pants on occasion.

I've had French fries, English muffins, German beer, Canadian beer, Belgium beer, Dutch beer, English beer, Australian beer, Chinese beer, Japanese beer, and when I eat out, I often go "Dutch".

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I've expanded my horizons and sweat pants on occasion.

I've had French fries, English muffins, German beer, Canadian beer, Belgium beer, Dutch beer, English beer, Australian beer, Chinese beer, Japanese beer, and when I eat out, I often go "Dutch".

Expand more - try rice, it's nice and improves body shape from 'round' to 'not round'. 2-minute noodles are also good, very good, especially the curry ones.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

If you wanna really take it to the next level try some spaghetti. It's from all the way over in Italy!!

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If you wanna really take it to the next level try some spaghetti. It's from all the way over in Italy!!

Many are the theories that have been presented concerning the origin of the pasta product. Some researchers place its discovery in the XIII Century by Marco Polo, who introduced the pasta in Italy upon returning from one of his trips to China in 1271.

The wogs may claim that title, but 'made in china' rears it's ugly head once more.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

And the tomato wasn't brought there from the New World until the 1500s. They sure did make it their own though, but I shudder to think those poor devils hadnt even defined themselves until then.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

You mean to tell me Gunther never fed you bratwurst in between your favorite; glasses of whisky with lots of ice?
edit on 6-11-2017 by FauxMulder because: thlughts

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

'Phaal' is pronoucned 'fal'. I think you can figure it out from there.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Sure thing...add some pulled chicken thighs peas carrots and some jasmine rice and BAM!

My wife's in night school so I feel ya...it's daddy cooking night a minimum of 4 nights a week, often more, especially if grilling.

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join