It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trickle down economics does little to benefit the people. You're an idiot for believing it does.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So is assuming that trickle down economics works as advertised after it has been linked to crashing the economy and expanding wealth inequality every time it has been implemented. You said that wage stagnation happened under Obama? That is only because Obama was trying to rebuild the economy after Bush got done tanking it with his version of trickle down economics.

You know Reagan, Clinton, Bush and Obama all came into office under a recession, and it would be hard to beat Reagan's. The difference is 3 of these presidents had their recessions under control in the first two years and one barely got started after six years. That is a lot of years of people suffering....

I said I don't care what you call it or how it looks but supporting business growth and not hindering it is where I vote.

There are a lot of factors that go into this so called wealth inequality. I know people who make 50k a year and some that make 1 million per year and both have zero wealth. Both have lifestyles within 100% of their income and so savings/wealth is like zero for both.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated
What good are more jobs if the people don't exist to fill them? Again, we are at near full employment. I'm sure the expansion of jobs will help somewhat, but there is the law of diminishing returns that should be kicking in in short order. And the double whammy is that Trump wants to close our borders so don't expect to fill them with immigrant labor either.

How many millennials are living in their parents' basement?

How many people are working as baristas or in similar service jobs because they can't find better?

This creates better.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Where does it authorize redistribution, Kept Voter policies, social welfare, minimum wage regulations, the CEO pay caps some Dems are so enamored by, free college tuition schemes, artificial constraints to close the income gap, any portion of Obamacare not directly considered a tax, or have any sort of income tax other than a flat tax (see the intent of "all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States)?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Xcalibur254

This is ridiculous also. My health premiums have gone from about 450 a month to well over 1600 dollars. That is a mortgage payment.

WTF did this save me money. Oh, and if I decided to pay 'cash' for my visits which sometimes is cheaper because some doctors want the direct cash inflow I pay a fine that is then used as a subsidy for the poor.

My medical went up 5x under ACA

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Anyone who calls taxes redistribution should be ignored. I'm sorry, but I can't take you seriously if you label as such. Social programs are covered under the General Welfare clause whether you like it or not. Redefining the action doesn't change this.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

How many people are working as baristas or in similar service jobs because they can't find better?

This creates better.

Yeah. I've heard this magic economics theory before. It works because we say it does!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

middle class tax cuts will give everyday people more money to spend in their community, shopping on the internet, Etc.. If that is trickle down, more power to it!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
It's a load of hogwash, the same nonsense that the people have been brainwashed to believe over the years. Yet we still don't learn. We complain on here about the "elite" controlling us and our freedoms then we turn to multi-millionaire and billionaire politicians and suck up everything they say about cutting taxes for the wealthy. It's unbelievable, and I see it on here time and time again. Idiotic.

The problem (if you can call it that) is that rich people tend to save a lot. That’s good for some purposes, but not when you’re trying to create jobs. By contrast, less-than-rich people tend to spend most of their income. That makes tax cuts for the poor and middle class more effective, at least over the short term.

www.forbes.com...

You know those major tax cuts this administration is pushing for? The one set to cause major deficits and loss of tax revenue? Set to contribute towards the $1.5 trillion deficit? The bulk of this will benefit the rich. More specifically, the ultra rich-50% of these tax cuts are for the top 1%. The Tax Policy Center has come to the same conclusion. It's important to note the top 1% pay 36% in taxes and own 40% of the nation's wealth. It's trickle down economics again, plain and simple. This time from the Trump Administration and the GOP (no surprise). We know over the last few decades there hasn't been much of a trickle, so why to people continue to fall for this nonsense? The bottom 50% have seen their incomes, their benefits, stagnate, over the course of 30 years despite all these promises they'd benefit from the wealthy getting tax cuts.

Congressional Budget Office

It also doesn't help that the wealthy are set to take on 70% of the nation's wealth by 2021 according the Boston Consulting Group. The bottom 50% of income earners in this country are set to lose further. So I'm still perplexed as to why this nonsense continues to prevail on here and out there? How long are people going to continue to parrot voodoo economics on here? It's not helping the lower classes, it's not helping with jobs. It's causing loss of revenue that could be allocated to infrastructure and other needs around the country. The evidence is there, yet people on here continue to parrot? And yes I'm also lumping all the talk about "flat taxes" and "fair taxes" as well, all to heavily favor the wealthy. It's not doing the lower classes any good, it's not helping middle and lower class families.

Yet we fall for the same talk, the same propaganda from the rightwing, time and time again. We never learn.

If it works or not is irrelevant. It's the right thing to do. What's wrong with giving someone MORE of what THEY EARN?

What they do with it is THEIR business and not ours or the governments. As someone else has already pointed out, companies like Apple, Microsoft, etc, etc, may have never been created at all. Are you saying that their products do not help civilization as a whole?
edit on 7-11-2017 by starlitestarbright because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2017 by starlitestarbright because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Feel free to ignore me. A large swath of ignored people changed the course of history one year ago tomorrow. In some ways, that form of flying under the radar, being underestimated, and being ignored is a boon to the causes I advocate. So by all means... ignore away.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: starlitestarbright
If it works or not is irrelevant. It's the right thing to do. What's wrong with giving someone MORE of what THEY EARN?

Let's reword that and avoid using the pitfall buzz words the media has hammered into us. What we're talking about here isn't "giving" people anything. It's 100% "What's wrong with taking less of someone else's earnings?" That's honestly what is at play here. The only way taxes can fly without mass uproar is if the populace has a subconscious thought of "The government is giving me XX% of the money I made this week." The minute the majority start seeing it like it is "Those MFers in DC took XX% of the money I worked for this week" the rage builds and this exercise in legalized theft can finally be properly addressed.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This creates better.

Yeah. I've heard this magic economics theory before. It works because we say it does!

But you said there was no one available for those jobs yourself, and I am telling you they are available, just working crappy jobs that can't support them now.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Toss in inflation and the US Middle Class is the hardest hit and THAT is who the tax break should be for.

So you're saying that trickle-down doesn't work.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

No. "Trickle down" is a piece of what is needed. It is not the entire solution. There is no broad brush but it has to start somewhere.

What I am saying is that the middle class is being screwed royally and Trump is the first to try to fix it since Reagan. Then, if businesses return and competition returns you will see lower prices on goods and services.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Oh, and the CBO said Obamacare would be good for us...and still does...

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I just love how "it's a healthcare plan, not an economic plan" is used conveniently except when the bill was about to be tossed by the SCOTUS and then it became "OMG, it's a tax plan!" only to see it reversed again when it was mentioned "Uh, this is the single largest tax increase on the middle class in this country's history." "Whut? No, no, it's a healthcare plan... not an economic plan."

Bunch of BS intended to give more power and money to insurance companies in Congress' hip pocket while throwing a bone to the Kept Voter pool to ensure continued support at the polls because Thou shall not vote against the Meal Ticket.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

People forget the ARRA also. Billions paid to bail out DNC donors that was meant to 'boost' the economy. History and time will tell.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
House Republican: my donors told me to pass the tax bill “or don’t ever call me again”

The Republican donor class — i.e., corporate and wealthy America — expects Republican lawmakers to pass a Republican tax bill. It’s as simple as that.

They don't care about the people, they care about winning their elections.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I always love the doublespeak of the left. Anytime the left wants to discourage something, they want to tax it into oblivion. Bullets. Cigarettes. Gasoline. Inheritances. Etc. So on this side of the equation, they willfully admit that taxes discourage consumption.

Yet on the other side of the equation, they won't admit that getting rid of taxes encourages consumption.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

If they pass this tax bill, the GOP will see their popularity skyrocket among the majority of voters. Obviously, you can't please all of the people (especially where handouts, freebies, Kept Voter dowries, and the funding of such are concerned), but every middle class family presently paying taxes will see a lower tax burden under this bill.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I always love the doublespeak of the left. Anytime the left wants to discourage something, they want to tax it into oblivion. Bullets. Cigarettes. Gasoline. Inheritances. Etc. So on this side of the equation, they willfully admit that taxes discourage consumption.

Yet on the other side of the equation, they won't admit that getting rid of taxes encourages consumption.

It's funny, many on the left has latched onto Obama's asinine "playing politics" accusation to throw against any Conservative who bristles against further federal intrusion and oversteps.

I think Daniel Patrick Moynihan hit the nail on the head years ago when he stated "The central conservative truth is that it is culture, not politics, that determines the success of a society. The central liberal truth is that politics can change a culture and save it from itself.”

America doesn't need to be saved from our culture by the government... we need left the hell alone, period.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join