It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trickle down economics does little to benefit the people. You're an idiot for believing it does.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

WHINERS without solutions have been the bane of society for millennia.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

The problem (if you can call it that) is that rich people tend to save a lot.

Questions:

Where do the rich people save their money?

What is happening with that money that they are saving?

How do the rich people stay rich by saving their money?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Guys... this is mean. Like punching a dead horse with a sack of 10 year old news papers.

Just take a closer look at that masterpiece. Down is the way it trick-trickle-di-trickles, question is: which side is up? I'm on the upside, too! Which makes things worse... for all of us (except for the 1% maculation, of course).
edit on 6-11-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

You tell me. It sure as heck isn't trickling down that's for sure.

Maybe you can ask some of your buddies.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I quoted your OP. The ball is in your court.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Oh here's a solution. Cut taxes for all the bottom 90%. Maintain the tax rate as is for the top 10% There's less revenue loss as the result of these tax cuts and the money is more likely to go back into the economy as the middle and lower classes have more of a need to spend in order to survive and live.

Don't take my word for it.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

The OP isn't about where the rich tend to keep their money. Only that they their financial benefits don't trickle down.

The ball is very much on your court. The evidence is there, in that graph. Plenty of sources back it up. You can either explain it or continue to purposefully ignore it like others here.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I think maybe you fell for the left wing propaganda. 16 of the last 30 years a Democrat held the highest office. The left keeps telling me I am doing better, but I only seem to start getting ahead when the right is in office. I am guessing that trickle down economics has worked better for you than the alternative, but you continue to parrot the left even though they have not benifited you.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

The OP isn't about where the rich tend to keep their money. Only that they their financial benefits don't trickle down.

The ball is very much on your court. The evidence is there, in that graph. Plenty of sources back it up. You can either explain it or continue to purposefully ignore it like others here.

You posted a quote that says the rich people are saving their money.

Where are they SAVING it?

What is happening with the SAVED money?

How do they remain rich (and grow wealth) by SAVING money?

By posting your OP you should be prepared to answer these things. If you cannot answer them, then I can only surmise that you are just whining, complaining and envious.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Questions:

Where do the rich people save their money? .....off shore accounts

What is happening with that money that they are saving?.....making interest like a regular account.

How do the rich people stay rich by saving their money?.....by living on the intrest

wealth.barclays.com...

edit on 6-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Hey SG!
I don't really have anything to add......... I just wanted to pop in and say HELLO.
But I did notice something strange on my way in here. While scrolling the "recent" topics I noticed that the apostrophe did not show up in the title, maybe it's just my phone or the page.
Instead of reading "YOU ARE an idiot" or "YOU'RE an idiot" it simply has "YOURE AN IDIOT".
Hmmmm. Go figure,
Quad

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

You posted a quote that says the rich people are saving their money.

Yes, the quote saying the rich tend to save alot. The OP however isn't about where the rich hoard or save their money, only that their financial benefit from these sorts of tax cuts are not translating to any benefits for the lower classes.

You can see that by the graph I've posted multiple times. The one you continue to ignore.

By posting your OP you should be prepared to answer these things.

Oh I've been more than prepared in responding to people like you. That doesn't mean I'm going to obey your rules when responding. Not going to happen your way sorry.

, complaining and envious.

It's a common theme when it comes to conservatives. Any criticism of income inequality and all of a sudden you attack people for being "envious" or whatever else. Almost as if there's this cultish admiration for the elite and wealthy. It's scary to say the least, this kind of mindset you display.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

Heya Quad you still floating around here? Hope all is well for you and yours. Long time no see. Love the ol' SG.

Yes it is meant to be You're. For some reason it's not popping up at times?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Questions:

What is happening with that money that they are saving?.....making interest like a regular account.

How do the rich people stay rich by saving their money?.....by living on the intrest

wealth.barclays.com...

Thank you!

Now, why are they saving them in off-shore accounts instead of in the USA?

EDIT: And I almost forgot, how do those saving accounts build up interest? Where is that extra money coming from?
edit on 6-11-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
No, trickle down economics arent too helpful to those on the bottom, pretty much ever. However, a related but not-the-same concept is true to an extent "A rising tide raises all ships". Guess who said that one? John F Kennedy.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Subsonic

That's a very nice Avatar. You do Trump proud I tell ya.

Look at that graphic again.

But you're prepared to screw over struggling americans to benefit the wealthy and all for what? Ideology?

And we wonder how some people get elected to office.

You're falling for the fixed pie fallacy. The economy is not a giant pie that is split up unevenly, the pie is ever growing. The rich don't need to lose their wealth in order for the middle class and the poor to gain wealth. The rich can keep their wealth while we enact economic policy to increase the pie in favor of the middle class and the poor. This is what I think many don't understand.

When you allow the rich to continue being rich, they tend to invest their money in various ways that tend to stimulate economic growth. Economic growth in turn creates jobs, jobs that employ middle and lower class people. The more growth, the more demand for workers, the more wages increase. This all grows the overall economic pie and raises standards of living. THIS WORKS, we have several hundred years of post-industrial revolution history that proves it.

Lastly, the rich know better than anyone that too many people without disposable income is a bad thing. It's the rest of us middle and lower bracket folks that buy the stuff that make the rich folks rich! They WANT us to be wealthier, just not at the expense of their own wallet. The rich generally understand that we can increase wealth at the bottom without sacrificing it at the top, and that's exactly what supply-side economics does.
edit on 6-11-2017 by Subsonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Questions:

wealth.barclays.com...

Thank you!

Now, why are they saving them in off-shore accounts instead of in the USA?

EDIT: And I almost forgot, how do those saving accounts build up interest? Where is that extra money coming from?

Now, why are they saving them in off-shore accounts instead of in the USA?....to hide from the IRS and not pay their fair share of taxes.

And I almost forgot, how do those saving accounts build up interest? Where is that extra money coming from?....How can you be so stupid, not to know how banking works. They even teach "money management" in high school...sheesh!

www.thebalance.com...

Do yourself a favor and read this, unless you are comfortable being poor. Think of that little boy!!! And if you think Trumps economic model is going to help you; don't count on it...inflation is going to eat up what little discretionary income you have.

www.amazon.com...=nosim/moneyboss-20/

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

In your example you are making an assumption. Assuming that they will want to exchange the candy. This is not always the case.

A smart kid will just do everything himself and not give out the candy to anyone. Just take the candy and hoard it in the freezer.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: burdman30ott6

In your example you are making an assumption. Assuming that they will want to exchange the candy. This is not always the case.

A smart kid will just do everything himself and not give out the candy to anyone. Just take the candy and hoard it in the freezer.

Sharing is how we increase the commonwealth for everyone. The more money in more hands the more valuable money becomes because people becoming greedy to experience more of life. When money is so scarce and people live in poverty the economy suffers. With better wages comes better culture. With better culture allows rich people to have more interesting fun and more interesting cultural experiences. It pays to share because the returns are happiness.

edit on 6-11-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It trickles.... but once an entity is really big, it trickles down over the borders...

The American companies are buying up companies over here in this country, introducing low wage for long hours, no job security, less time for family and american terminology into the culture like "burnout".

But it is working in terms of creating more jobs, just not within the USA.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join