It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trickle down economics does little to benefit the people. You're an idiot for believing it does.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

At this point I think Trump and the Republicans are more in love with the idea of simply passing a tax bill (of any kind) than passing a tax bill that specifically helps the middle class.

Its akin to the fact that people are more in love with the idea of electing Trump (an outsider / breaking the mold) than specifically electing Trump

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
You're an idiot if you believe in the leftist crash down model, too. Where all the people get to enjoy their equality in destitution while the state makes off with the loot.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Everybody that believes that politicians will enact honest economic principles is an idiot.

Trickle down, as prescribed by economists, and trickle down as prescribed by politicians, are two very different animals.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You numbers are wrong...
taxfoundation.org...
The top 1% earned 20.6% of income in 2014 and paid 39.5% of taxes collected...

For the year of 2014. Under the Obama administration. You know income varies from year to year?

It's also important to distinguish the difference between income and wealth.

Record inequality: The top 1% controls 38.6% of America's wealth.

I swear, jealousy fed by laziness and entitlement

So any criticism of income inequality, how the wealthy are getting richer, somehow makes you lazy and entitled, and jealous? I worked 7 days straight last week. I know of friends who struggle paycheck to paycheck. These are real issues people face day by day and yet this is your comment? Truly disgusting but I expect nothing less.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
You're an idiot if you believe in the leftist crash down model, too. Where all the people get to enjoy their equality in destitution while the state makes off with the loot.

china says hi and laughs in your face lol

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Subsonic

That's a very nice Avatar. You do Trump proud I tell ya.

Look at that graphic again.

But you're prepared to screw over struggling americans to benefit the wealthy and all for what? Ideology?

And we wonder how some people get elected to office.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I guess they left this one out of your OP:

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Then you're combining apples and oranges and trying to treat them as the same fruit. Income tax is a piss poor relation to wealth. Regardless, your argument is a fail.

I worked 7 days straight last week.

Did you get paid? Did you get paid what you agreed to exchange your time for? Yes? Then if you're pissed over the base rate, find a mirror and you'll find who you need to have a talk with about it.

I know of friends who struggle paycheck to paycheck.

Yep, we all do. Now think about how difficult it is to make a bit too much to qualify for all the breaks, handouts, and subsidies my taxes pay for. America's problem isn't wealth inequality, it's that the bottom half of the country has no skin in the game. They see lower tax rates at the top and think "OMG, my free money will be reduced!!!" when they should instead be looking at paying a modest portion of their income in taxes (net positive taxation for all who work, there's a novel concept) and watching where that money goes and what it's used for like hawks. Half of America has no ownership over our taxes... they have entitlements via a third party, the government, and that's it.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

It's inconvenient to his argument, thus conveniently forgotten.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Cool story. I have a story too. A guy once started a book store. He refused profit and dumped it all right back into his business. Now more than 340,000 people are able to make a living from his re-investments.

www.geekwire.com...
edit on 6-11-2017 by Templeton because: linkage

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Anyone that thinks trickle down works, leave your money in the market and see what happens.

You deserve what you get....

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense. You have been warned....kiss that 401k goodby....

www.realclearmarkets.com...

Only hard assets for me until Trump is gone.

edit on 6-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Trickle down economics is a joke.

If you applied TDE to other aspects of life like Halloween it would sound ludicrith~

Imagine you buy a 20 lbs of candy and you give all the candy to the first 10 kids that show up. And then because the kids each have so much candy. They "trickle it down" to all the other trick of treaters.

Sounds legit right?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subsonic
Ben Shapiro is a smarter man than I, so I'll let him explain things...

Ben Shapiro Explains Trickle-Down Economics

The pair of them spent to much time being condescending to the audience in that sequence, anything debatable got lost.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

try 30 year dow periods.

dow calc

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: olaru12

try 30 year dow periods.

dow calc

Agenda driven fake blog site. Get real!! Look who publishes that site...and you believe them? What do you expect from a money management POS.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Trickle down economics is a joke.

If you applied TDE to other aspects of life like Halloween it would sound ludicrith~

Imagine you buy a 20 lbs of candy and you give all the candy to the first 10 kids that show up. And then because the kids each have so much candy. They "trickle it down" to all the other trick of treaters.

Sounds legit right?

That's an asinine analogy, though. Here's a better one...

Imagine you had 10 kids working in exchange for 20 lbs of candy under the agreement that they would provide the first 10 lbs of candy and, if the job wasn't done properly or the unforseen occurred, they'd lose that 10 lbs and walk away with no candy, BUT if the job was good and the 10 lb investment accepted, then they'd double their candy. Now, after the 10 kids received their 20 lbs, they realize they have the ability to exchange candy to other kids in the neighborhood for assistance with their chores, in trade for homework help, Pokemon Cards, whatever... the point being there's something the other neighborhood kids have to offer which the first 10 kids would like to get their hands on and the other neighborhood kids want to exchange that for some candy of their own.

Your model is essentially the backbone of the welfare state... "Those damn 10 kids are hoarding the candy and not freely giving it to the rest!!! Whine, piss, moan, bitch!" The reality is capitalism and trickle down works BUT you gotta embrace Social Darwinism to see it flourish. Those who will-do, will do, and will ultimately succeed... those who refuse to, won't do, and should be allowed to fail. We are held back as an economy and as a prosperous system by the magnitude of dead weight tied around the necks of the industrious and productive.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Sounds legit right?

Love it.

If you fill their buckets more, more candy will fall out for the kids to pick up off the ground you know? So much candy, too much candy. Too much money so I'll trickle it down.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Operate on the "supply and demand" BS trickle down platform and inflation will eat your lunch.

Speculators are going to make gas hit 5.00 around xmas time and it's going to remain there....

And everything else will follow...gonna get real. This isn't mayberry RFD anymore people.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Trickle down does work. You are just too blind to see it

Trickle down does NOT work and if you think it does you are either lying or stupid.

Bush and Obama cut taxes and now we have an economy where half the country feels poor even though corporations have more money than ever.

Business does not use profits to hire people unless they feel they absolutely have to. They worship productivity now, which means they want to hire the least amount of people possible.

Just look at the bank bailout in the great recession. Instead of lending money to people like they were supposed to they bought out smaller banks to advance themselves and it did nothing to help the economy.

The only time trickle down worked was when Kennedy cut taxes because the top rate was 90%.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join