It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia says Lebanon has declared war on it

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Come on, now. You know the US & UK will protect the Saudis if war really breaks out.

I hope not. Another war is the last thing we need.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Why do you think we fought Operation Desert Storm? Saddam had invaded Kuwait and the fear was that he was going to invade Saudi Arabia next. Also, the US & UK have been instrumental in Saudi Arabia's current war against Yemen. So why would they stop that support now especially since they want a piece of Aramco's IPO next year?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well - That big arms deal with USA is looking mighty handy for Saudi Arabia right now

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

A strange part is that the largest base in the ME is in Qutar on the border with SA . Turkey also set up shop there...

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
30 years ago the people of Lebanon send the Israelis running with their tails between their legs.

The Lebanese certainly lost against israel in the short term. They were steam rolled over in no time. But in the long term and just prior to 2000 you may have a point. An Israeli kid was being taken out by the Lebanese every couple of days and this was not going down well with the public in a (especially then) relatively small population.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

...and America is probably waiting in the wings to help defend Saudi Arabia.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Come on, now. You know the US & UK will protect the Saudis if war really breaks out.

We would. The House of Saud essentially dictate western foreign policy in the region.

In return they make the oil industry very happy, who then give very generous campaign fund contributions.

Gotta protect that petrodollar after all.
edit on -060006pm11kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

and America is probably waiting in the wings to help defend Saudi Arabia.
If the missile that was launched from Yemen that got shot down was done so by the US then you could say they have already done that .

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: Ohanka
30 years ago the people of Lebanon send the Israelis running with their tails between their legs.

The Lebanese certainly lost against israel in the short term. They were steam rolled over in no time. But in the long term and just prior to 2000 you may have a point. An Israeli kid was being taken out by the Lebanese every couple of days and this was not going down well with the public in a (especially then) relatively small population.

They lost in the long and short run, no matter how you twist this. Beirut used to be the Paris of the middle east, when was the last time you visited ? The countries airspace is controlled and patrolled by the Israeli air force, the country is divided between the Hezbollah and Lebanese government and controlled by the Hezbollah group of thugs who get the country into conflicts with ISIS and Israel every few years. Their President just quit his job. GDP and economy worth #, no air force, barely an army, what did they gain in the long run besides killing Israeli's every other day ?

On the flip side, Israel has a vibrant economy, they invent, innovate, and export technology around the world, have an army, air force and export Israeli made arms to countries such as India, stable GDP, currency, and housing market. They also have a pretty decent healthcare industry from what I understand. Im lost, how did they lose in the long run ?
edit on 6-11-2017 by HanSolo31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Sunday - Saudi Arabia Arrests 11 Princes, Including Billionaire Alwaleed bin Talal (one of the richest men in the world)
Sunday - Ballistic missile fired form Yemen at Saudi International Airport - shot out of the sky by interceptors
Monday - Saudi Prince and seven officials killed in helicopter crash
Monday - Saudi accuses Iran of Airport missile attack - calls it an act of war
Tuesday - 2nd Saudi Prince dies - no details on how yet
Tuesday - Saudi says Lebanon has declared war

This is far more dangerous than North Korea.

If Saudi and Iran go at it... expect oil to sky rocket.
Qatar will be occupied (Assange stated Qatar has purchased 1 nuclear weapon..scary)
Iraq will become the meat in the sandwich, both sides will attempt to take Iraq
Turkey will go in and take Syria

I remember when Saudi first hit Yemen 1-2yrs ago.. the first day I told the lawyer at my work.. this is the start of the great war. He laughed...

... its really starting!

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Don't forget that Lebanon's Prime Minister resigned while in Saudi Arabia on Saturday.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Sunday - Saudi Arabia Arrests 11 Princes, Including Billionaire Alwaleed bin Talal (one of the richest men in the world)
Sunday - Ballistic missile fired form Yemen at Saudi International Airport - shot out of the sky by interceptors
Monday - Saudi Prince and seven officials killed in helicopter crash
Monday - Saudi accuses Iran of Airport missile attack - calls it an act of war
Tuesday - 2nd Saudi Prince dies - no details on how yet
Tuesday - Saudi says Lebanon has declared war

This is far more dangerous than North Korea.

If Saudi and Iran go at it... expect oil to sky rocket.
Qatar will be occupied (Assange stated Qatar has purchased 1 nuclear weapon..scary)
Iraq will become the meat in the sandwich, both sides will attempt to take Iraq
Turkey will go in and take Syria

I remember when Saudi first hit Yemen 1-2yrs ago.. the first day I told the lawyer at my work.. this is the start of the great war. He laughed...

... its really starting!

You nailed it. Might be a good time to go long on oil !

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

There goes the neighborhood. Arabia will sneeze... and Lebanon will be flattened before you can say "SWARMA"!

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanSolo31

I get that there is a power struggle, this is very common in kingdoms with rulers. This also wouldn't be the first time that this happened. Does that mean that they are collapsing ? Not necessarily.

No, but it is proof they still do things like it's the dark ages. Royals killing royals? Why would the Prince be moving so fast?

Daddy about to croak?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Thought I would put this up a bit of history

edit on 6-11-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Only the tax payers loose out . The MIC lobbyist, corrupted congress , and POTUS typically make out like bandits.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Well the price of oil has been rather low of late - time to boost the coffers!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Don't forget that the ones who lose the most in wars are always the civilians who live nearby. It's their neighborhoods, workplaces, roads, bridges, and property that always gets ravaged (not to mention the obvious deaths among them, their families, and their neighbors).

(Sigh...) I wanted to like the Saudi Crown Prince because I like his modernization efforts & pro-women's rights reforms. But he's looking more and more like a common warmonger. I can't support this at all. I was able to confirm that he was the brains behind their current Yemen War, and now there's this. Heal with one hand and poison with the other...

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

"Explosive" Leaked Secret Israeli Cable Confirms Israeli-Saudi Coordination To Provoke War

Early this morning, Israeli Channel 10 news published a leaked diplomatic cable which had been sent to all Israeli ambassadors throughout the world concerning the chaotic events that unfolded over the weekend in Lebanon and Saudi Arabia, which began with Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri's unexpected resignation after he was summoned to Riyadh by his Saudi-backers, and led to the Saudis announcing that Lebanon had "declared war" against the kingdom.

The classified embassy cable, written in Hebrew, constitutes the first formal evidence proving that the Saudis and Israelis are deliberately coordinating to escalate the situation in the Middle East.

The explosive classified Israeli cable reveals the following:

On Sunday, just after Lebanese PM Hariri's shocking resignation, Israel sent a cable to all of its embassies with the request that its diplomats do everything possible to ramp up diplomatic pressure against Hezbollah and Iran.
The cable urged support for Saudi Arabia's war against Iran-backed Houthis in Yemen.
The cable stressed that Iran was engaged in "regional subversion".
Israeli diplomats were urged to appeal to the "highest officials" within their host countries to attempt to expel Hezbollah from Lebanese government and politics.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Thanks for the heads up ...Gee lots of dots and trump may end up also being who were were hoping was not but ...
false flag missiles fired on SA will not get the rest of the world on their side ....not after 911 and ISIS so its hard to say what they will do . I see that there are now over 19000 combined US and NATO troops in Afghanistan and if that US military head in Syria that slipped and said that there were also 3000 troops there is true then its going to go down soon .....lots of fire works .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join