It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local Plumber Fired Shot That Took Out Texas Church Shooter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Americans will NEVER admit guns can be used for evil....

Liberals will never admit guns can be used for good.

Why is this?

edit on 6-11-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yeah, this guy should not have been able to own a gun from what you said. The fact that he did when he shouldn't have been able to kind of bothers me. They should start by enforcing what they already have, stop people who have been convicted of a crime from being able to buy a gun legally.

Illegal guns can be bought, but most people do not have the connections to get one. They are also a lot more expensive than you can buy them legally.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Poor problem solving skills...as opposed to MY OWN bad ones.
I don't really use them too much,lately, if I can help it.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Appreciate it, I was giving a quick response on the run and could of elaborated better.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This proves there is nothing wrong with gun laws in the USA... Not really. It really doesn't.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I bet he brought that automatic rifle in the local supermarket, between that salad and dressings.
That is America for ya..

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Why is this?

considering this guy shot himself and the basis of a story that a killer got killed means guns are good, isn't actually a story.
bad liars and no iq run rampant on ats these days.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: djz3ro
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

It's being reported on UK news he died from a self inflicted gunshot wound

May have, but that was after the good guy with a gun put an end to the terror...

UK will NEVER admit guns can be used for good....

Yes, that's right, no loss of life because of this hero, no wait...

If only guns were treated like marijuana in this country.

and here we are in the 21st century and some people still think that guns are the only thing that can be used to kill someone
edit on 6 11 2017 by Dr UAE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I want to point this out for the pro-gun crowd who are going to turn this into a story about how Guns save lives.

Current statistics show that so far this year there have been about 1700 confirmed cases were a gun has been used in self defence. However these same statistics also show that there have been almost as many cases of accidental shootings. This means that for every time someone uses a gun in self defence another persons is accidentally shooting either themselves or someone else. That means that when you look at the numbers the self defence aspect of owning a gun is almost muted because of accidental discharges.

This plumber is a hero, he faced off against a armed murderer who had already killed multiple people in the bravest way possible.

lets not forget however that this guy was still able to mow down 26 people before this guy was able to act.

Continue using your math...

Unless the accidental shootings account for more than 1 single person per event, the net gain in lives saved is pretty staggering.

Perhaps the shooter wouldn't have been able to mow down more people if someone armed would have been present sooner.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: cinerama

originally posted by: burntheships

Why is this?

considering this guy shot himself and the basis of a story that a killer got killed means guns are good, isn't actually a story.
bad liars and no iq run rampant on ats these days.

The guy shot himself after he'd been shot by the plumber.

Had the plumber not been there, the rampage would have continued unabated. So while the plumber didn't deal the killing blow, he shot the guy, ceased the attack, and prompted the guy to take his own life at that point. WHile none of this is set in stone yet, from what i've heard, he was shot in the neck and wasn't long for this Earth anyway.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Good on him. When seconds count, the police are minutes away. That's why it is important to have properly trained armed citizens.

Without armed citizens nobody has to stop, with guns, lunatic armed citizens that go postal with firearms.
Or is that wrong?

If both wouldn´t be armed, nobody got hurt and nobody had to stop somebody with weapon power.

Btw, why is nobody talking about the perpetrator, that he was not allowed to buy guns, because of dishonorable discharge from the miltary?

I am going to let you tell that to the underground gun traffickers who will appreciate the increased value of their services so a willing hater can kill defenseless people.

Guns can't be stopped unless you live on an Island with draconian laws, and this is only in theory.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Class IV armor weighs about 30 lbs,a TON if you have to shoot and move,I don't see a NON CONDITIONED, zoomie getting far in one.
A class III is a nominal type as you say.
.223 Ar will penetrate it.
I guess he was expecting light resistance.

Best guess would be handguns in a church. Nobody would have a rifle with them.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yes and guns are tame in comparison.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The issue is did this shooter get his gun legally or illegally?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I don't know about the rest of the gun related crimes or accidental shootings, but in terms of the mass shooter the psychology makes sense that if more people were armed there would be less mass shootings. Mass shooters are typically very weak and pathetic types that only go after soft targets or "gun-free zones". They are a lot like the serial killer that targets the vulnerable or those that can't defend themselves like prostitutes or children. If you actually present a mass shooter with a direct challenge odds are they will wilt immediately and either flee or commit suicide.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Not a cop, just an armed citizen, who was fortunately exercising his right to carry, and willing to act to protect others! No gun law would make this situation any better!

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Illegally.
Bad conduct discharge,nails it down.
I wonder about Texas checks in security missing it.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: sooth

THAT 'S the cookie cutter ID all right.
Now, WHY so many lately?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Good on him. When seconds count, the police are minutes away. That's why it is important to have properly trained armed citizens.

Without armed citizens nobody has to stop, with guns, lunatic armed citizens that go postal with firearms.
Or is that wrong?

If both wouldn´t be armed, nobody got hurt and nobody had to stop somebody with weapon power.
*snip*

Wrong, because there would still be violent people, who would then use other means to tack and harm others, and their victims would be less capable of stopping them. A little old lady in her eighties can stop a big guy in his prime, with a gun.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
That guy is gonna need some love. The fact that so many people died is going to haunt him.

He did what he could and it wasn't enough.

I hope he has what he needs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join