It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More "secret" societies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

Oh well. Maybe Hillary will win next time. I guess thing's will be just great under her rule.... I can hardly wait.

I don't think Hillary would be the ideal ruler either, but hey, at least she can count to ten without taking her socks off!

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
then we would have a clinton in the oval giving instead of getting? yes?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf
ML , I have a question on this statement. if it was dropped in the 18th century
that would mean at or shortly after the 1717 inception date. or was it in the
1800s the 19th century. The other question is Ashmole was initiated ca. 1669
as I recall he was not what one would have defined as a christian, more a diest
yes?

Ashmole was also a Communicant of the Anglican Church, and was interested in Christian mysticism. He was alsp purportedly a Rosicrucian, which was an organization that required its members to be Christians. Freemasonry became popular with Deists soon afterward, but Deists were by definition rationalists, and skeptics of any form of mysticism; while, conversely, the mystics who made their way into Masonry were primarily Christians with Rosicrucian leanings.

this is a question for anyone who's history is better than mine was MacGregor Mathers related to the Mathers Cotton i think associated with the Salem Witch trials?

Probably not. MacGregor Mathers was a Londoner, a member of the Ars Quatuor Coronati Lodge of Masonic Research, and of the Masonic Rosicrucian Society of England. He was a co-founder of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, eventually becoming Supreme Magus.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hmmm, Hermetic Dawn...

I wonder what that is?

Hermes is equal to Pan... Pan is the goat god, similar to Baphomet...

Children have reported being taken to Lodges (in Australia, I know for sure), and abused by people in costumes. This does NOT mean all Masons are Satanists! It does not even mean a small fraction are!

Only that SOME undoubtedly are.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
Hmmm, Hermetic Dawn...

I wonder what that is?

I know that you won't look at these, and even if you do you will just come up with something retarded to say about them, but for the benifit of those who might actually want to know...

www.hermeticgoldendawn.org...

www.golden-dawn.com...

www.golden-dawn.org...

Really? Do tell...

Children have reported being taken to Lodges (in Australia, I know for sure), and abused by people in costumes. This does NOT mean all Masons are Satanists! It does not even mean a small fraction are!

Only that SOME undoubtedly are.

Got anything to back that up?

*slaps forehead*

Oh damn, I forgot who I was talking to there for a sec...

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

then we would have a clinton in the oval giving instead of getting? yes?

You almost made me lose my lunch...

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Hmmm, Hermetic Dawn...

I wonder what that is?

gottcha axeman

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

This means war!

Oh that was good...

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
the masons are a load of crap, being an ex one experiencing it all you are lead to believe that the further you go the more the secrets will become aparent, im a christian and i cant leave christ at a door and pick him up when i come back out so think about it people!

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by quinny
the masons are a load of crap, being an ex one experiencing it all you are lead to believe that the further you go the more the secrets will become aparent, im a christian and i cant leave christ at a door and pick him up when i come back out so think about it people!

An "ex one", say? I will state unequivocally that you, sir, are bald faced liar.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Hermes is equal to Pan

No, actually he isn't. I guess I was wrong about you spreading mythology around here...you're not even qualified to tell us about it!

Children have reported being taken to Lodges (in Australia, I know for sure), and abused by people in costumes.

Uh-huh. And who are these "children"? And where are these "lodges"?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by quinny

An "ex one", say? I will state unequivocally that you, sir, are bald faced liar.

Darn it ML! You beat me to it again!!!! I'm not sure which part I liked best...the part about "experiencing it all" I guess he's a former 33rd, a former Knight Templar, Royal Order of Scotland, Knight Masons, Allied Masonic Degrees, Rosicrucian, Shriner, Toltec, etc. etc. yadda yadda...OR the way he said ALL that nonsense in ONE sentence (albeit a run-on sentence).

I certainly haven't experienced "it all" ...but WAIT! That's why guys like you and me are in the DARK and being decieved by those "super-secret, high-ranking, mysterious, decoder-ring-wearing Masons" huh?

[edit on 12-2-2005 by senrak]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   

gottcha axeman

Oh that's GREAT stalkingwolf! I'm rolling!

(In fact, I've got a couple of other forums I'd like to use that one on!)

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
i went to this site and i just started cracking up. the site reported that Aliester Crowley was a 33rd * and a "97th"* freemason. to the best of my recolection, the highest numbered degree is that of honoary 33rd degree of the Scottish Rite. but the best ones were bill and hillary clinton. the site said they were both practicing witchs and high ranking freemasons but hillary was "higher ranking than bill." funny stuff.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by svcadet32
i went to this site and i just started cracking up. the site reported that Aliester Crowley was a 33rd * and a "97th"* freemason. to the best of my recolection, the highest numbered degree is that of honoary 33rd degree of the Scottish Rite. but the best ones were bill and hillary clinton. the site said they were both practicing witchs and high ranking freemasons but hillary was "higher ranking than bill." funny stuff.

the er, Modern Memphis, I think thats part of the name anyway, rite hits 95 degrees I'm fairly sure. They're a somewhat disputed Rite though...

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helios Barca

the er, Modern Memphis, I think thats part of the name anyway, rite hits 95 degrees I'm fairly sure. They're a somewhat disputed Rite though...

I *think* that the Modern Rite of Memphis had/has 12 degrees, but you are correct in that the original Oriental Rite of Memphis had 97 degrees.

There was only one 97° member of Memphis; it was just an honorary degree given to the Grand Hierophant; the regular system had 96 degrees.

Brother John Yarker had been "elected" Grand Hierophant 97° of the Sovereign Sanctuary of London in the late 19th century. Upon his retirement, he nominated and "elected" Crowley to replace him.

This whole matter was sort of strange because the Sovereign Sanctuary, as well as practically the whole Rite, existed on paper only. The Constitution of the Rite required that "Mystic Temples of the Oriental Rite" meet for business and confer degrees, but it doesn't appear that any actually existed. Yarker was active in the Blue Lodge, but all of his other "Rites" were pretty much imaginary. He apparently just took Crowley aside one day and said: "Shazam! Now you're Grand Hierophant of the Rite!"

Crowley had formerly (and falsely) claimed to Yarker that he was a 33° Mason of the Scottish Rite, and "proved" it with his Cerneau Patent that he'd bought in Mexico (4 years before he even became an Entered Apprentice). I can only assume that Crowley's ego told him that he deserved the 33°, so therefore it must be true. In any case, Yarker sold patents of the 96° of the Oriental Rite to anyone who had a Patent of the Cerneau Rite, of which he himself was a member.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Here is a link to a page that lists convictions for Child Abuse, the one that mentions it occuring in a Lodge is at the bottom, under New Zealand.

The ritualistic aspects of the crimes often are not presented in court but are clearly indicated in the victims' accounts.

www.healingroads.org...

That page is also for anyone who thinks children would actually imagine horrid tales of un-IMAGINABLE abuse.

Also, there is the well-publicized case of Paul Bernardo here in Canada, a serial rapist who the police basically did everything not to investigate, and coincidentally he was a Freemason (as well as a great many Police officers where he was to be investigated). But that didn't take place in a lodge, and didn't involve children.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
frick, accidental double post:

Here is a link to a page that lists convictions for Child Abuse, the one that mentions it occuring in a Lodge is at the bottom, under New Zealand.

The ritualistic aspects of the crimes often are not presented in court but are clearly indicated in the victims' accounts.

www.healingroads.org...

That page is also for anyone who thinks children would actually imagine horrid tales of un-IMAGINABLE abuse.

Also, there is the well-publicized case of Paul Bernardo here in Canada, a serial rapist who the police basically did everything not to investigate, and coincidentally he was a Freemason (as well as a great many Police officers where he was to be investigated). But that didn't take place in a lodge, and didn't involve children.

[edit on 12-2-2005 by akilles]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Bernardo was a Mason? I'd like to see a link to that one. I'm quite familliar with this case seeing as he spent a fair bit of time at my workplace and this is news to me. As to the cops not wanting to investigate, got to call you on that one, BS.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Bernardo was a Mason? I'd like to see a link to that one. I'm quite familliar with this case seeing as he spent a fair bit of time at my workplace and this is news to me. As to the cops not wanting to investigate, got to call you on that one, BS.

Is this yet another querry that you are going to ignore or obfuscate?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join