It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Advocates Have Blood on Their Hands

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: EternalShadow
Reading your post makes me think that you think I want to ban guns - is that right?
I have not said or suggested that guns should be banned.

In fact I posted this earlier on this thread.

Leave them to it - when all the Americans have killed all the Americans the population issue will be much improved!

Oh, ........Well, I'm sorry to have spoken with you. Funny, how no Americans in this thread wished violence on any other country to improve the population.

You're seriously twisted for saying that..

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
You are being very non specific non specific ha ha.
So you don't know if Michael Ryan had an autopsy to see if there was anything in his brain (like a tumour) that made him do it?
Yes or no will do.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The biggest obstacle to introducing gun control policies in America is a lack of political will and the force behind the big lobbies.

No, it's actually the verbiage of the second amendment and the fact that the Bill of Rights exists to PROTECT freedoms from government, not to grant freedoms to the American people. If this is the foundation from which you're basing your argument, you've already failed...but I"ll keep reading...

It would be political suicide so no politician is going to want to do it because doing so would be to sacrifice the power that comes with political office. Some would probably even take to actual violence in opposition to any changes in the law.

I agree with your first claim above, but that really applies mainly to Democrats who cater to their base about concerning gun control and gun-related fear-mongering. The reality it, though, that they had two years of Democrat control in our government, and they did absolutely nothing to further their gun-control agenda.

That should make you pause and consider if it's really about political suicide more than just double speak by Democrats--see, Democrats fully understand that they can only push gun legislation so far before SCOTUS starts telling them that they don't understand how the rights work, and THAT would be bigger political suicide, IMO, that actually attempting to do something about their anti-gun agenda.

As far as violent opposition--you bet, but it's not about just guns, it's about protecting our freedoms, and when a constitutional amendment that says that our right to keep and bear arms "shall not be infringed" starts getting infringed beyond recognition (at the federal level), that would be a massive indicator that our government is out of control and that the tree of liberty may start needing quenched to remind them who is in charge.

Let me say that I think its sickening that the politicians refuse to act out of this fear, they fear losing the support of the gun lobbies and they fear losing the votes that will see them maintain their position of power.

Again, you've made the wrong assessment--it's not the Republicans (who are "controlled by the gun lobbies") who really want gun control and are not acting, it's the Democrats.

But let me say--I find it sickening that you're running your mouth about gun control.

Too bad finding things "sickening" doesn't change anything.

Yet if the people who are such strong advocates of gun rights were to revolt, if they were to say enough is enough and in enough numbers and demand sweeping changes to gun laws to try to stop all these senseless killings then things would change.

Right, because laws stop sick, deranged people.

You do know that Devin Patrick Kelley was dishonorably discharged from the military for assaulting his wife and child, right? I being so, it was a General Court-Martial, meaning that the resulting conviction is a felony. Point being: Laws already exist that should have prevented this tragedy, including gun restrictions!

Claiming that more and different laws would be the solution is as ignorant as can be.

The truth is that every time you defend your right to own a gun you are defending the rights of the shooter as well and as such I believe you have blood on your hands.

You, sir, are a goddamn idiot. You have jettisoned all logic and replaced it with ideological talking points and faux logic.

That is what is happening right now you are all sitting back doing nothing, preventing change and the result is a mass shooting almost every day.

Again, you're a moron, and I mean that in the most appropriately clinical definition, not simply a low-brow insult.

You second amendment advocates have blood on your hands.

So tell us, oh wise random internet voice--what have you done to keep your hands clean?

As I see it, the guy who caused Kelley to flee (whose name I cannot find anywhere) because he was shooting back most likely prevented further injury and loss of life, and since he was able to go get his own rifle and use it to halt the attack, I'm willing to be he's a second-amendment advocate as well.

So are you going to get up off of your computer chair and go tell him to his face that he has blood on his hands, or are you going to just continue to cower behind a screen and run your mouth like an ill-informed ideologue and spout of insults to a generalized group of people?

Don't kid yourself, OSOTC, you're no hero, here, you're no voice of reason, and you're certainly not a part of the solution.

You're just a keyboard warrior who apparently like to blame everything except the person who should be blamed. Get a clue.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Second Amendment Advocates have blood on their hands....

At the same time it was in fact those "Second Amendment Advocates," who were carrying on their person, who were able to stop the lunatic before the police were on scene.

I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

maybe more volotile than this one

hehe...I'm trying to bring some levity into the discussion. It is sad time for the US and threads like these are unhelpful I believe.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacquesdarippa
I laugh at these two saying that gun owners love to say.

1. I carry so I don't have to live in fear. LMAO umm that is the definition of living in fear, if you feel the need to be armed at all times.

2. An armed society is a polite society. Again..LMAO no that is a society that lives in fear of one another.

Make that 3 sayings.

3. The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun. LMAO this is delusional based on too much movies where the good guy has perfect aim and the bad guys don't. They see themselves having a gun fight with these bad guys and think there will be no innocent causalities. It is a good guy movie delusion.

1. No, it's not the definition of living in fear, no more than having life insurance is living in fear or having a smoke detector is living in fear. It's just being prepared.

2. I carry a gun every day and it has zero effect on how I go about my daily business. I don't fear anyone I come in contact with, nor did I before I started carrying a gun. I don't see bogeymen everywhere. Again, it's simply there just in case.

3. Most gun owners have no such delusions. They simply want to give themselves a chance if a dangerous situation arises. Most of us hope we never have to use it, and most of us take the responsibility very seriously. We practice gun safety religiously. The fact that there are something like 300 million guns in the country and only a few hundred accidents a year should tell you that. (All accidents are preventable and there should be zero, my point is simply that this proves the vast majority of gun owners are responsible and careful, otherwise there would be many more accidents).

Stop listening to propaganda. Practically everything you think about gun owners is false. You've been fed misinformation.
edit on 6 11 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Many moons ago, when it was relevant to current events, rather than ancient history in the grand scheme of things, yes.

'Bowling for Columbine' is relevant to the current events - now!
It questions 'why is there so much gun crime in America?'.

Well tell us what you learned, aside from what Michael Moore's opinion is..

There is not enough care for people. Poverty causes madness.

Those are also opinions. I'm asking what did you learn. Was it how to form an opinion from an opinion??? Or..

Not sure what you want really?
Have you seen the documentary?

Well it isn't hard to figure out what you want, which isn't exactly bad in its intent, but it subverts our laws and traditions.

Yes, I have seen his agenda ridden films. Not a fan really.

You say it is not hard to figure out what I want - what did you figure?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Why is someone from another country wanting guns removed for the US? Maybe it's in the way of someone's take over...

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Bravo. 5 stars and a crumb cake.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Yeah maybe Britain wants to own and tax America. Lol.
edit on 6-11-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

1.3 million people die in road crashes each year, average 3200 deaths a day. With an additional 20-50 million injured or disabled.

Does the auto industry have blood on it's hands as well?

I agree that something probably needs to be done. And that something is probably mental health evaluation and treatment. But since this country has an issue with providing free health care for it's citizens. Expect more of the same.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

But not ask us how we feel about it while they do so.

edit on 6-11-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

But now ask us how we feel about it while they do so.

Are you saying that America is owned by and is paying taxes to Britain?(present tense)

edit on 6-11-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

1.3 million people die in road crashes each year, average 3200 deaths a day. With an additional 20-50 million injured or disabled.

Does the auto industry have blood on it's hands as well?

Are cars specifically designed to kill and have no other purpose?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Why is someone from another country wanting guns removed for the US? Maybe it's in the way of someone's take over...

Oh god really?

So anyone outside America who DARES to have an opinion on your gun laws based on our own experience MUST be planning to take over the U.S.?

Paranoia, paranoia, everybody's comin to get me.........

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

No.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I just read that there are more deaths by opioid-overdoses per day than gun-related.

Sounds unsafe to live there.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

No.

Then what does this mean?

But now ask us how we feel about it while they do so.

This does not feel like a discussion site - it feels more like a riddle site.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Obviously it was a typo, hence why it's been edited.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

If your goal with this was to make the most counterproductive argument for your position possible, I'd say you've certainly succeeded. All this type of rhetoric, shaming and fingerpointing does is drive people further away from finding any common ground on this issue.

The only person responsible is the guy who committed the crime, and, in this case, the guy who committed the crime couldn't even legally purchase or own a firearm under Federal law due to his dishonorable military discharge, anyway.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join