It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Advocates Have Blood on Their Hands

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Because the documentary shows that it is not the amount of guns that are available - it is fear that makes people go mad and shoot people. Youngsters are being recruited all the time to shoot people - but not white Americans - just foreign people.
Also drugs (anti depressants) make people suicidal and make people kill other people.
The documentary covers many aspects - it is worth watching just to get a wider angle on the subject of gun crime in America.
edit on 6-11-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I don't think they have blood on their hands but I do know they are pretty damn useless when it comes to stopping anything. Out of all the gun violence that happens daily in America, how many times have we heard a story about a NRA/2nd amendment person actually stopping a crime? I think it is like a 1 in a million shot that a gun owner actually stops anything. Also they say they need guns so that the government does not screw them over or abuse it's power, hows that working out for them?

I mean, America has third world gun violence in a supposedly first world country. What kind of life is it, where a person feels the need to be armed at all times? Owning a gun to protect your family and home is a legit reason but to feel the need to carry one everywhere says something about that person or where they live.

If your live in fear that much, maybe never leave your house or move to a town, city, state or country where you can feel safe.
edit on 6-11-2017 by jacquesdarippa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Many moons ago, when it was relevant to current events, rather than ancient history in the grand scheme of things, yes.

'Bowling for Columbine' is relevant to the current events - now!
It questions 'why is there so much gun crime in America?'.

Well tell us what you learned, aside from what Michael Moore's opinion is..

There is not enough care for people. Poverty causes madness.

Those are also opinions. I'm asking what did you learn. Was it how to form an opinion from an opinion??? Or..

Not sure what you want really?
Have you seen the documentary?

Well it isn't hard to figure out what you want, which isn't exactly bad in its intent, but it subverts our laws and traditions.

Yes, I have seen his agenda ridden films. Not a fan really.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

You should study the OPS other threads to see how he completely ignores his own backyard but is constantly berating the 2nd Amendment.

Don't you think it is weird that when Bush said the IRA had to stop doing what they were doing - the IRA stopped.

I don't remember this. Do you have a source? thanks

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow
Reading your post makes me think that you think I want to ban guns - is that right?
I have not said or suggested that guns should be banned.

In fact I posted this earlier on this thread.

Leave them to it - when all the Americans have killed all the Americans the population issue will be much improved!

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I laugh at these two saying that gun owners love to say.

1. I carry so I don't have to live in fear. LMAO umm that is the definition of living in fear, if you feel the need to be armed at all times.

2. An armed society is a polite society. Again..LMAO no that is a society that lives in fear of one another.

Make that 3 sayings.

3. The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun. LMAO this is delusional based on too much movies where the good guy has perfect aim and the bad guys don't. They see themselves having a gun fight with these bad guys and think there will be no innocent causalities. It is a good guy movie delusion.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
When our own gov't is running guns across the border, how do we control that?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I wonder if Michael Ryan had an autopsy after the Hungerford massacre?
Charles Whitman declared that there was something in his brain which made him kill many people - including his wife and mother. The autopsy showed that he was correct.

Do the mass shooters all get autopsies to see if there was something in the brain that made them do it?

If you have the time and the stomach then do some proper research into hungerford but spend more time looking into Dunblane.

Think long and hard before you decide to dig into those piles though it is not a pleasant journey.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Please refer to him as President Trump. I wouldn't write an op and refer to yours as "that Elizabeth lady". Now that we have that taken care of, what about all the laws we have? They are not followed by these people. The only gun control it seems we need lately, is only Replublicans should be armed. Maybe? Maybe all Liberals and Muslims get a thorough head check before being allowed a gun. Would any of the last number of shooters vote Trump? No!
They are all Democrats, Muslim, or Anarchist.
I do not live in fear, so stay over there I guess. I don't pretend to understand your world, don't pretend to know mine.
edit on 6-11-2017 by TexasTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

Please refer to him as President Trump. I wouldn't write an op and refer to yours as "that Elizabeth lady".

You can call old Lizzy whatever you want.

Trump is not my president so I will call him whatever I want.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
If you have the time and the stomach then do some proper research into hungerford but spend more time looking into Dunblane.

So if you have done research maybe you can tell me if Michael Ryan had an autopsy to see if there was anything in his brain that made him shoot his mother and his dog and many other people. I am related to two of his victims by the way - my cousins wife had both her parents shot that day.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
Please refer to him as President Trump. I wouldn't write an op and refer to yours as "that Elizabeth lady". Now that we have that taken care of, what about all the laws we have? They are not followed by these people. The only gun control it seems we need lately, is only Replublicans should be armed. Maybe? Maybe all Liberals and Muslims get a thorough head check before being allowed a gun. Would any of the last number of shooters vote Trump? No!
I do not live in fear, so stay over there I guess. I don't pretend to understand your world, don't pretend to know mine.

Elizibeth is the queen of England not the prime minister and leader of our current government.

You would need to be talking about a lady called Theresa May and there are few British people who would care what you called her as she is pretty much univerally hated and dispised, even her own cabinet have few good things to say about her.

link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth

Delusions. LAMO.

link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Fair point...but you missed the context of the post. The op should worry about his own backyard. The Opium epidemic inflicted on the Chinese in the past, the ongoing sex pedophilia scandals of your politicians. Shouldn't he be more concerned with his Govt spying on his every move?

wiki

Based on David Davis' estimate, which is still unrivalled, the figure of how many CCTV cameras there are in London stands at around one camera for every 14 people, adding up to a total of about 422,000 – however this number is increasing…Mar 22, 2012

edit on 6-11-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
haha what gold.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

So if you have done research maybe you can tell me if Michael Ryan had an autopsy to see if there was anything in his brain that made him shoot his mother and his dog and many other people. I am related to two of his victims by the way.

I am not going to go into it here or on ATS but there is information online if you really want it.

Nothing good will come of looking into it though and I would advise against it.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacquesdarippa
I laugh at these two saying that gun owners love to say.

1. I carry so I don't have to live in fear. LMAO umm that is the definition of living in fear, if you feel the need to armed at all times.

2. An armed society is a polite society. Again..LMAO no that is a society that lives in fear of one another.

Okay so let's get rid of the police, guards, security at palaces and state houses because they're jobs are based on your same logic. They are there because of fear.

I'm glad they are employed to do what they do because it means our leaders fear the people....that's the point. When our leaders do not have any fear of the populace..... look out! History is replete with examples of such things.

Folks are equating technology with some delusion we are more civilised because of it. Huge mistake.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
If you have researched and you know if he had an autopsy to see if there was anything in his brain why not just tell me.

You advise me to do research and then advise me against it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stop playing games - do you know if he did or not?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

a reply to: nonspecific
If you have researched and you know if he had an autopsy to see if there was anything in his brain why not just tell me.

You advise me to do research and then advise me against it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stop laying games - do you know if he did or not?

I don't remember the specifs of Hungerford as I looked a lot more into Dunblane and it was a long time ago.

As I said there is plenty of truth out there but I am not going to be part of your discovering it as it is very unpleasant and nothing good will come of you knowing it.

Not being an arse just not going there mate.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well you did mention Trump 5 times.
here's one example

By extension then so long as Trump supporters continue to defend him they too are also partly to blame for the mess he is slowly creatin

So what is the point of continuing any sort of meaningful conversation with you?

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join