It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Advocates Have Blood on Their Hands

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

So then, we are in agreement.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Many moons ago, when it was relevant to current events, rather than ancient history in the grand scheme of things, yes.

'Bowling for Columbine' is relevant to the current events - now!
It questions 'why is there so much gun crime in America?'.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Make a thread about your Governments (British) regime changers and we might start taking you seriously.

UK weapons sales to oppressive regimes top £3bn a yearBig increase since 2014 in quantity of missiles and bombs sold to countries on Foreign Office’s list of human rights violators

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Even if the US followed Australia's control on gun laws(which yes, we still have gun crime), the pro 2nd would still whinge and bitch. I'm sorry though you all seem to need the pretty looking guns, it's how I see it.

I always see arguments raised about defense and pest control, blah blah blah etc when something like this occurs. I'm sure both the mentioned could easily be taken care of with a lighter range of arms.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
Do you believe it is just the UK?

Don't you think it is weird that when Bush said the IRA had to stop doing what they were doing - the IRA stopped.

edit on 6-11-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
By your logic, everyone who is pro immigration has blood on their hands after every rape or murder by an immigrant.

If you don't think that is true it doesn't follow that your original premise is either.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Why because a liberal got a hold of a gun and shot a bunch of people because the world wasn't seeing his way/,how does that effect the normal tax paying citizen,not in the least

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

WRONG!

It isn't gun owners faults what other people do.

Unless its YOUR fault people get killed by automobiles because you're an automobile owner.

But it is the MSM's fault that committing shootings ever became 'popular' and rage on so to this day.

It's scientifically documented now (after academics have argued for decades their reporting was likely maintaining the 'Copycat Effect' resulting in ever more events), yet they still wont change their reporting methods.

THE MASS SHOOTING CONTAGION EFFECT.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

You second amendment advocates have blood on your hands.

What a joke.

I'm pro 2nd and I will sleep just fine tonight.

We sleep even better here in Oz not worrying about nutters with guns everywhere.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Oh come on, the US is involved in a 110 Billion dollar arms deal with Saudi Arabia!

You cannot call out three billion a year, when Trump waved through 110 billion in one fell swoop!

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Read first paragraph and stopped reading.Even though you said
this is not a Trump thread, bottom line, it always becomes one.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The countries with the highest gun ownership rates do not have the highest gun crime rates. Statistics 101 will tell you that the gun ownership rate is not the primary factor then. Anti-gun nuts like to bring up the "no other advanced nation" argument. Ya know what we have in common with those "unadvanced" nations that have high gun crime like us? It's not high gun ownership. In many of them, gun ownership is more strictly regulated than it is here. What we have in common with them is rampant crime. We have a serious crime problem in the US that we're not allowed to address because that's "racist". If you have a high overall crime rate, whether guns are easily available or not, you will have a high gun crime rate. That's the common factor. The statistics actually disprove the anti-gun nuts, but they're not after the truth they're after an agenda.

We don't have blood on our hands, you're just uneducated on this issue and unreceptive to information that conflicts with your worldview.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Theres gun crime, and there are mass shootings.

By the nature of the crimes themselves, the motivations for them, these are TOTALLY separate to one another. There are gun crimes in London, on the rise today, which have nothing to do with mass shootings.

I think its important to point out, that someone who commits a mugging at gun point, and someone who just straight up shoots everyone they can see, and does not take a damned thing, are very different types of offender, whose crimes cannot be linked in any reasonable fashion what so ever.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Read first paragraph and stopped reading.Even though you said
this is not a Trump thread, bottom line, it always becomes one.

6 pages in and I think other than you only one other person has. actually mentioned Trump.

This is not a Trump thread.

link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I didnt even read past the thread title. The fallacy was so thick by that point I had all I needed to to debunk this piece.

link   

about the Second amendment

Thats right, They have a constitution You dont!
I wish Australia became a republic.

When England and Churchill wanted to abandon Australia in WW2, it was thanks to MacArthur that Australia wasnt sacrificed. Ask yourself why the Queen pays little tax.

wiki

The United Kingdom does not have one specific constitutional document named as such. Instead, the so called constitution of the United Kingdom is a sum of laws and principles that make up the body politic of the UK. This is sometimes referred to as an "unwritten" or uncodified constitution.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: JinMI

What about truck owners? Are they responsible for the events in NYC, Nice and the UK?

Apples and oranges this is about and the second amendment.

Its not about Trucks, knifes or the UK its about the Second amendment

This is not about the second amendment. This is about mass murder. What’s your problem with guns? Because they make scary boom sounds? Lately mass murderers have been using vehicles for their killings, proving the second amendment people right. Also the killer was stopped by a civilian with a rifle. Once again proving the second amendment people right again. I have a brilliant idea! Let’s make murder illegal. That will stop all the murdrering! Why has no one thought of that before?

edit on 6-11-2017 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Well there is MK Ultra.
If there are enough mindless mass shooting the public may be stupid enough to hand in the guns.

link   

If there were no text on this picture, I would bet my life that the people calling for "more gun laws" would say that the gun on the top is a much safer gun and it would be ok to own.

edit on 6-11-2017 by Tekaran because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Is Piers Morgan your Dad or something? He made similar arguments trying to broad brush all Americans for the actions of certain individuals...as if everyone in America is on the hook if I'm late to work. Same logic, except he used guilt trips to try and swing innocent Americans into believing its all their fault. He was summarily shutdown in short order.

You think you can try and smear it in our faces AGAIN??? Or are you just needing attention? Are you envious??? I'm serious.. all you do is dog us Americans out here on ATS. Our values, traditions, politics, etc...

What is it that is truly bothering you? And more importantly, how does it PERSONALLY effect you?

Now you now how most Muslims feel. Why haven't you spoken out against these atrocities louder? Why haven't you turned in suspicious violent Americans? Why can't you clean your neighborhood of violent American gun owners?

Nice try, but I'm not going to bite...but really nice try.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join