It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Advocates Have Blood on Their Hands

page: 55
<< 52  53  54   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
This latest shooter was know to the cops as having mental illness.

They had been called to the home where he was living OVER 24 TIMES because of his mental problems.

The FBI also knew of his threats to schools that he made on YouTube

Nether of these agencies did anything to restrict him having guns or as far as i can tell talked to each other.

Its like the these agencies wanted mass shootings.

FBI said they couldn't trace his ISP or VPN, maybe they were trying to trace his KFC.

These the same people finding all kinds of russian collusion hacking?

lol.

Someone is fibbing!

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: JinMI

I think there is a massive kneee jerk reaction to the title.

Lol

Just one page back you called people selfish and disgusting. Do you really think its a knee jerk...or is it just the reaction you hoped for?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

a reply to: projectvxn

Whatever dude.

There is a thread right now on ATS about where to buy a bulletproof backpack for your kids.

Tell me again about how the second amendment isn't a problem?

It's pretty CLEAR that American's aren't mature and responsible enough to own all the guns they DO HAVE.

Maybe those who love, love, love their guns need to work HARDER to self-police and clean up American society...?

This has to be the dumbest suggestion i have ever seen.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

a reply to: JinMI

I think there is a massive kneee jerk reaction to the title.

Lol

Just one page back you called people selfish and disgusting. Do you really think its a knee jerk...or is it just the reaction you hoped for?

Might wana add a little contest to that.

I was saying it is selfish and disgusting to continue to refuse to do anything about gun regulation that might protect the public just so you can continue to own whatever and however many weapons you want.

I stand by that claim.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

They had been called to the home where he was living OVER 24 TIMES because of his mental problems.

Nether of these agencies did anything to restrict him having guns or as far as i can tell talked to each other.

Or do they just not have the legal power and the logistical frame works in place and supported that they can prevent individuals like this from legally owning a firearm?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

And then you ask me why i seem aggressive?

The kicker is that your statement is false. Since 1990 there have been 4 gun laws. And zero for mental health outside the patients bill of rights meant for all patients. Something has been done....but it looks like wrong action was taken.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Or do they just not have the legal power and the logistical frame works in place and supported that they can prevent individuals like this from legally owning a firearm?

No. Not even close.

Now your just grasping straws

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

No. Not even close.

Now your just grasping straws

No it’s a legitimate question.

It’s not grasping at straws.,

Did they have the legal power and the legal framework to stop this guy buying a gun legally before this latest attack?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

- they can eavesdrop on a presidential candidate, apparently. Im sure surveillance is available for klebold here.
- someone was able to put this story together pretty quickly
- the guys name was in the youtube post(!?!?!?)

It seems to me that they have authority and capability. And chose to yield both.

Eta.... Regarding owning a gun....unless he doesnt pass the background check he can legally own a firearm. Meaning he has no felonies, etc. But to own a handgun you must be 21.
edit on 2/16/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
No, I don't.

Thank you for putting this in the Mudpit so that I can say that *you sir* are an emotion-exploiting lemming.

The truth is that every time you defend your right to own a gun you are defending the rights of the shooter as well

No one has the right to kill children or adults in cold blood. Just stop.

(post by tadaman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

So you don’t like what I have to say.

It’s a shame this has you so triggered that we cannot discuss this fully because ther is actually a point behind my admittedly controversial title.

Nice bit of name calling there buddy, is that how you usually act towards something you disagree with???

I hope not.

You might want to chill out and stop taking my opinions so seriously that you get this emotional over it.

I really don’t mean to offend you just to get you thinking and challenge your views, to promote discussion.

Have a nice day
edit on 16-2-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Oh I'm very familiar with his posts, but when a person is called out they can respond.

His OP is entirely emotionally-fed, but glammed up to *look* rational.

I'm just waiting for someone to present a gun control law that would actually stop any school shootings, while maintaining the People's constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

Because at the end of the day I don't really believe that these people care about the children, they just hate freedom and will stand on a pile of corpses to make their arguments appear justified.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Because at the end of the day I don't really believe that these people care about the children, they just hate freedom and will stand on a pile of corpses to make their arguments appear justified.

What utter crap, you cannot honestly believe that.

Sounds like so,e 1980s commie paranoia.

You really think people who want more gun control just hate freedom and don’t care about the class full of kids getting shot up.

So just so I am understanding this, those of us who want more control to attempt to prevent these shootings don’t care about the kids.....but those who will stand by and do nothing are doing it for the kids....

I don’t think so

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Pretty awful title op.
The only people with blood on their hands in this are the murderer and anyone who could have stopped him but didnt act.

It's disrespectful in extreme to the victims and their families to push your narrative like this and it calls into doubt any empathy you may claim to have for them.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Thousands of people killed and raped by illegal immigrants. Many of whom have been deported multiple times. Guess what? People against the border wall and border control have blood on their hands. People for sanctuary cities and against enforcing existing immigration laws have blood on their hands.

If we have a porous southern border and make guns in the USA illegal guess what will happen? If you guessed illegal guns coming across the border with the illegal drugs and going to criminals then you have at least a shred of common sense.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

a reply to: Teikiatsu

What utter crap, you cannot honestly believe that.

Sounds like so,e 1980s commie paranoia.

You really think people who want more gun control just hate freedom and don’t care about the class full of kids getting shot up.

So just so I am understanding this, those of us who want more control to attempt to prevent these shootings don’t care about the kids.....but those who will stand by and do nothing are doing it for the kids....

I don’t think so

How many children have died by gunfire in the United States this year due to gang violence and drive-by shootings in the inner cities. No internet queries allowed because if the children are so important you would have that tally handy, not just the 17 that were killed this week in the Florida suburbs.

Oh yeah, I went there.

Absolutely I think those who want more control to tell other people how to live their lives don't care about the kids. They just care about their agenda and use whatever makes the biggest splash to the populace.

top topics

<< 52  53  54   >>

join