It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Advocates Have Blood on Their Hands

page: 50
<< 47  48  49   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: alphabetaone

who is not a US citizen with respect to anything related to the Constitution, your opinions or attempted influence is completely valueless whether it be ATS or any other medium.

Well, that stuffs up your growth potential.

I prefer to celebrate our differences and to learn why other people think differently.

P

Not really. You make false assumptions, that simply because I'm unwilling to let any non-citizen think they have a right to weigh-in (not voice an opinion but weigh-in) on my Constitutional rights and how "lazy men do nothing", is not directly equivalent at all in any way to my ability to learn. The other ridiculous assumption you make is that I do not already know why people think differently...I know why they think differently, I simply do not care why they think differently unless I'm talking to another US citizen who DOES have a right to weigh-in on the topic.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
As if "frightened" is supposed to elicit some emotional reaction from me. I'm not frightened of a thing....so let me make it simple for you or anyone else who is not a US citizen with respect to anything related to the Constitution, your opinions or attempted influence is completely valueless whether it be ATS or any other medium.

Then why are you getting so uppity if my opinion means nothing, if my comments mean so little then why bother replying?
America loves being in everyone's backyard delivering their version of "freedom" and telling the rest of the world how to live but make a single comment about firearms laws and its like a baby throwing a tantrum because you've taken their dummy.

I'm happy to talk about our similarities and also our differences, as it makes life more interesting, instead of being closed minded like a lot of American posters on this site seem to be lately.

I simply do not care why they think differently unless I'm talking to another US citizen who DOES have a right to weigh-in on the topic.

And this has just got to be some kind of joke, right?? thats why you're commenting in a forum on the world wide web??

edit on 12-11-2017 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

i see no problem registering firearms.

Don't you? Any database, any at all, can be used for purposes it was never intended.

Registering cars, as opposed to registering guns? One is a protected right, the other is not. I've never understood the necessity, other than as a cash flow generator for the state, of registering my car--and wouldn't if I thought I could get away with it.

The govt. is unlikely to ever be able to "come for my guns", because noisy folks like myself, and many millions/thousands of others, won't let them. But should that nightmarish scenario come to pass, why make it easier on them? I've been called paranoid--and maybe I am--but there are those out there who would confiscate if they could.

I will never register. Should it ever come to pass, my guns will suddenly be "stolen".

"Yes, officer, they were incredibly neat thieves. They even locked the door behind them when they left. Nope, only my rifles, pistols, and shotguns were stolen. Stole 'em right out of my gun cabinet."

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Dumb bunny wrote this title evidently

The title alone speaks volumes of the op

what Caver78 said, not what the title says......metro man thinking I suppose

metro men gather round....hear this...get outside more and get some semblence of a viable walk in this life

edit on 12-11-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
Then why are you getting so uppity if my opinion means nothing,

I'm not uppity I'm just making sure you realize that your opinion on the topic means nothing.

if my comments mean so little then why bother replying?

Because I feel like it.

America loves being in everyone's backyard delivering their version of "freedom" and telling the rest of the world how to live but make a single comment about firearms laws and its like a baby throwing a tantrum because you've taken their dummy.

What "America" does in your view is not relevant to the topic here...the topic here is the second amendment rights that only US citizens enjoy....not a topic on foreign policy.

I'm happy to talk about our similarities and also our differences, as it makes life more interesting,

So Am I. I'm not open, however, to allowing a non US Citizen to believe they have the ability to weigh-in on how it should be handled or why anyone who is NOT a US citizen thinks they have any valuable opinion on what "lazy men do" with respect to our constitution. Saying that an opinion is worthless is not the same as saying you can't express that opinion, which you seem to enjoy conflating on this particular topic.

And this has just got to be some kind of joke, right?? thats why you're commenting in a forum on the world wide web??

Where the conversation is located is irrelevant... I'm commenting on the US Constitutions' Amendments that I spent 20 years in the USMC and retired from ensuring that stood for something and allows me to say that your opinion on that subject and that subject alone (unless its another US citizen only enjoyed right) is worthless. Again, I don't care if you express that opinion, but I will always be there to let foreigners know that it is, in fact, worthless.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

seagull, these anti-gunners don't realize how much danger they've put us in.

..... do they have any idea how many boating accidents resulting in total loss of our arsenals' they could cause!?!? Think of the aquatic creatures! They'll be enough weaponry on the bottom of various lakes/oceans to arm an entire school of fish, or worse, sharks

(as far as they can prove, anyway)

edit on 11/12/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Love iz all we need

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

A rash of boating accidents have resulted in staggering losses to duck hunters nationwide...as many rifles and pistols, in addition to shotguns were lost.

What they were doing hunting ducks with 30.06 rifles remains unclear, said an investigator familiar with the case. He only spoke to this reporter on a condition of anonymity.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

...the topic here is the second amendment rights that only US citizens enjoy.

But if you had read all of my comments properly then you would have noticed that i have not made any attempt to tell you or your fellow Americans to remove or alter your 2nd amendment, when a mass shooting occurs with someone who seems to suffer from a mental illness or is a criminal, I ask if something more can be done. You, like many American posters then have some kind of hissy fit that someone other than an American is telling you to give up your firearms, which many "foreign" posters as you put it don't actually post.

a non US Citizen to believe they have the ability to weigh-in on how it should be handled or why anyone who is NOT a US citizen thinks they have any valuable opinion

This is an open forum and my opinion is just as valued as yours is on ANY subject, also talking with people who see a subject from the outside can sometimes see things from a fresh perspective, and should open those closed minds.

'm commenting on the US Constitutions' Amendments that I spent 20 years in the USMC and retired from ensuring that stood for something and allows me to say that your opinion on that subject and that subject alone (unless its another US citizen only enjoyed right) is worthless.

And while I respect you for your service to your country, why make such a fuss of telling me my opinion is worthless, i think many posters should take a deep breath and take an honest look at the use of firearms by people who shouldn't own or use them, instead of finding a way to jusitfy their use.

edit on 12-11-2017 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Because when it comes to firearms :NEVER trust a CIVILIAN,some are Communists and THAT is our natural food.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
One argument that I have heard pop up a bunch of times regarding the second amendment is that when it was passed, it was designed to ensure citizens have the same weapons as the military. Because, back then "Military" grade was a musket and cannons. Fast forward to 2017 and the argument now implies that gun laws should actually be RELAXED if anything else. Personally, I am a gun owner. I have no desire to own an armed drone or a nuclear missile.

Current gun laws are exactly where they should be...except for California. "This is a 30 magazine clip"..morons

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

I think many of us suffer from a sort of fatigue having to explain things over and over. Having to defend our rights from people who don't understand why we have them in the first place. I'm not saying that is you, but sometimes to a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail. That is most definitely not a good thing and we should all guard against that kind of thing when a serious discussion is called for.

Yes, there are things we can do to prevent some of this crap from happening.

Turns out there's an enormous lack of reporting among states and certain agencies of the government and NCIC which handles information that NICS uses under the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The DOD has an enormous backlog of disqualifying cases they haven't bothered to report to NCIC as required by federal law. You might say, well let's reform how the military reports to NCIC. But the issue isn't limited to the military. Turns out states have a huge backlog too. Most of it are things like mental adjudications(disqualifying), domestic violence(disqualifying), current criminal proceedings for any recorded charges of gross misdemeanors and above(disqualifying). These things cover a lot of ground, and all of it has something or other to do with reporting.

I've been harping on these reforms for years. I also want access to the NICS system for private sales so if my state passes a UBC I won't have to pay a middle man to sell my gun.

top topics

<< 47  48  49   >>

join