It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Advocates Have Blood on Their Hands

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Thanatos0042

Older people with physical disabilities probably make up 1/10 of 1%, if that, of AR-15 owners! lol Should we make brail triggers for the blind ar-15 owners or maybe special bulllets with smoke for the hearing impaired!!!

A democracy is what is good for the many....it is impossible to include 100% of people.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Thanks,
I think this idea could work, but one's fear of government involvement and privacy would have to be protected in order for gun owners to accept it. Again, this would be for those who own military type arms.. I think a massive help would be to regulate the second hand market. I have sold several guns via craigslist, but I made a bill of sale to protect me. In effect that gun has disappeared. We register cars....i see no problem registering firearms.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Honestly, the OP could have worded the title better....it warranted a harsh response IMO, as it painted a very large brush on everybody. I know many liberals that pack heat too. LOL

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
"Stop Blaming Guns!" --- 'Howard Stern DESTROYS the gun control argument'

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
"I Like Guns" - Steve Lee

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Kirsti Shootin Sterling 9mm Carbine

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Seems you think its funny and when I was 20 years younger and in better health I probably would have too. But times moved on and no, those were not the impairments i referred to. Lets refer to my own - a terminal kidney disease. I can't run a mile with a ruck pack or do physical activity for a long time. But i can damn well shoot with my ar for a couple of hours at a time just fine.

Limit people's rights because of those kind of things that would prohibit milita membership? Good thing its a right and not a privilege where that could easily done.

People's rights to defend themselves effectively and efficiently, their homes and their family shouldn't depend on them being young and healthy and part of an arbitrary organization.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What about truck owners? Are they responsible for the events in NYC, Nice and the UK?

Underwear bomber merits an honorable "unmentionables" ban discussion

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: bgerbger

One must first have a mind to expand it.

Australia has much stricter gun laws than the U.S, and consequently, so many less crimes related to firearms.

It's mindblowing in its simplicity; less guns on the street = less gun crimes.

I think that Australia is the example America should follow.

Theres probably something more to it, like the fact that the average distance between neighbors in Aus is a desert wasteland and 3 crocs and its so arid and dusty with not much to drink other than Foster's. Much too inconvenient to be a violent criminal in the penal colony.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Instead of making more laws, the current ones need to be enforced and punished severely. Sympathy for criminals is what f's up society. If you murder and are caught and convicted, you should be quickly and publicly executed. If you attempt to murder and are caught and convicted, you should be quickly and publicly executed. If you rape, you should be quickly and publicly executed. Be a thug, get squashed like a bug. Watch how fast crime statistics drop after harsh punishments are doled out. If you knew youd face the electric chair and not 3 hots and a cot, youd likely take a pass on that raping, thieving, and murdering.
Instead, we need to blame the victims, blame cops, have sympathy for the devils, drum up excuses for mongrel behavior, cry for more government, more regulations, more restrictions, less freedoms...

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
....a reply to: Thanatos0042 i think a normal person would see that i was pointing out the ridiculousness of incorporating every single circumstance when trying to design a system that would be fair while protecting ones second ammendment rights. You need to understand what context means. Go read all my posts first.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: JinMI

What about truck owners? Are they responsible for the events in NYC, Nice and the UK?

Apples and oranges this is about and the second amendment.

Its not about Trucks, knifes or the UK its about the Second amendment

Since it's not about the UK, maybe you should work on your own issues and stay out of debates and challenges to the amendments of another country?

Is the UK perfect? If not, get busy.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Drivers) is proposing we ban alcohol completely because of too many deaths behind the wheel of cars with drivers being drunk. Everyone that drinks alcohol has blood on there hands....

Ban alcohol
edit on 11-11-2017 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: KurokageHere's your hypocrisy for you. Like I said, this is the internet and people can say what they want about ANY subject even your mighty constitution!!!!
Some Americans get so frightened when "foreigners" talk about Americas "rights", constitution, and amendments.

As if "frightened" is supposed to elicit some emotional reaction from me. I'm not frightened of a thing....so let me make it simple for you or anyone else who is not a US citizen with respect to anything related to the Constitution, your opinions or attempted influence is completely valueless whether it be ATS or any other medium.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: KurokageHere's your hypocrisy for you. Like I said, this is the internet and people can say what they want about ANY subject even your mighty constitution!!!!
Some Americans get so frightened when "foreigners" talk about Americas "rights", constitution, and amendments.

As if "frightened" is supposed to elicit some emotional reaction from me. I'm not frightened of a thing....so let me make it simple for you or anyone else who is not a US citizen with respect to anything related to the Constitution, your opinions or attempted influence is completely valueless whether it be ATS or any other medium.

I don’t get too upset about non-Americans posting what “they” think the U S freedoms should be...it just reminds me how the majority of non-Americans are extremely jealous of Americans, our Constitution, and our Bill of Rights. My favorites are some of the posters from the UK (not all) who seem to have forgotten which side won the Revolutionary War.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

who is not a US citizen with respect to anything related to the Constitution, your opinions or attempted influence is completely valueless whether it be ATS or any other medium.

Well, that stuffs up your growth potential.

I prefer to celebrate our differences and to learn why other people think differently.

P

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: cavtrooper7

You gun freaks don't have any logical or moral basis so you stoop to name calling

I've proven your ignorance, moral and logical, all you do is say words that don't connect to any reality

So yeah, got this in my email but thought it was funny and semi-relevant to the gun control debate...

Today I placed my Smith & Wesson .357 Mag revolver on the table right next
to my front door. I left 6 cartridges beside it, then left it alone and
went about my business.

While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor's son
across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the
street, and quite a few cars stopped at the "stop" sign near the front
of my house.

After about an hour, I checked on the gun. It was quietly sitting there,
right where I had left it. It had not moved itself outside. It had not killed
anyone. Certainly, even with the numerous opportunities it had been
presented with to do that. In fact, it had not even loaded itself.

Well you can imagine my surprise, with all the hype by the Left and the
media about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people, either
the media is wrong or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in the world.

The United States is 3rd in Murders throughout the World. But if you
take out just 5 'left-wing' cities: Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC,
St Louis and New Orleans -- the United States is 4th from the bottom,
in the ENTIRE World, for Murders.
These 5 Cities are controlled by Democrats. They
also have The Toughest Gun Control Laws in the USA.

It would be absurd to draw any conclusions from this data, right?

Well, I'm off to check on my spoons. I hear they're making people fat.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: cavtrooper7

You gun freaks don't have any logical or moral basis so you stoop to name calling

I've proven your ignorance, moral and logical, all you do is say words that don't connect to any reality

So yeah, got this in my email but thought it was funny and semi-relevant to the gun control debate...

Today I placed my Smith & Wesson .357 Mag revolver on the table right next
to my front door. I left 6 cartridges beside it, then left it alone and
went about my business.

While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor's son
across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the
street, and quite a few cars stopped at the "stop" sign near the front
of my house.

After about an hour, I checked on the gun. It was quietly sitting there,
right where I had left it. It had not moved itself outside. It had not killed
anyone. Certainly, even with the numerous opportunities it had been
presented with to do that. In fact, it had not even loaded itself.

Well you can imagine my surprise, with all the hype by the Left and the
media about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people, either
the media is wrong or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in the world.

The United States is 3rd in Murders throughout the World. But if you
take out just 5 'left-wing' cities: Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC,
St Louis and New Orleans -- the United States is 4th from the bottom,
in the ENTIRE World, for Murders.
These 5 Cities are controlled by Democrats. They
also have The Toughest Gun Control Laws in the USA.

It would be absurd to draw any conclusions from this data, right?

Well, I'm off to check on my spoons. I hear they're making people fat.

Best post I've read on ATS!!

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

They do indeed have trouble. But that's not to say they can't make things extremely uncomfortable for that army.

Afghanistan stands as the prime example of that. It's taken on the three most powerful nations the 20th century, and early part of the 21st, and been much more than an irritant in all three cases.

The Gurkas of India were so dangerous the British Empire, for all intents and purposes, hired them.

You're not wrong, though. A professionally trained army holds a largely winning hand, unless the opposition is willing to risk the almost inevitable reprisals that you mention.

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50 >>

join