It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Advocates Have Blood on Their Hands

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Well, the military is only concerned with getting people out, not really worried about their impact on society.

The guy also escaped from a mental institution in 2012! So many red flags that this guy shouldn't be able to own a broken Red Rider!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Feltrick

And where was he caught? Texas. So much for those who want to blame the state.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think its about rights, once I lose one right I'll start losing other rights. Also people with guns truly believe we're free only because we have guns and they aren't giving up freedom.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

"Blood on your hands" is a figure of speech I do not mean you have literally killed these people I mean that your refusal to act and to change is preventing change taking place that could save lives.

Gun advocates have been offering some real policy changes and revamps that could help close some of these loopholes. But this wasn't the fault of gun owners for enjoying their rights, and you're too busy telling us we have blood on our hands to listen to what we propose.

Your ideas are simply to ban stuff and turn a right into a privilege.

edit on 7 11 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 7 11 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Seems to me, most blame the gun and not, necessarily, the person behind that gun. They also want to blame the NRA for fighting laws that would restrict lawful gun ownership even though there are plenty of laws already on the book that would have denied this guy a gun and potentially saved 26 persons.

The problem is the inefficiency and ineptitude of the got to actually enforce the laws...in my opinion. I have no idea why people want to give more power to the govt when they have proven time after time to be completely inept.

Texas actually has strict gun laws even though the media portrays it as a gun lovers paradise.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

What a bunch of B.S. You know damn well what that phrase means. You are lumping every single gun owner into a group that kills babies. You are blaming Ted in Montana for having a rifle he uses to hunt his families food with, as well as Jane in Indiana who packs a .38 cuz she was sexually assaulted. We aren't like the UK,,,,,or any other damned country...thank freaking god. Your holier than thou sentiment is appalling given your countries past.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Feltrick

The state has loosened some laws which people here find good. I always wondered why people saw the state as the wild west when the laws are more restrictive than many other states. But those laws were focused on hand guns which were the weapon of choice in robberies.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I don't agree with much of what Trump says but when he says this was a mental health issue he was right. We need way more funding for mental health issues and treatment. We need to tighten up registration databases and tie that into military databases and make it hard for mentally ill people to get a gun especially those with domestic violence charges in the past.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Arms dealers

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
God Given Right.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I could care less what someone from England thinks about our gun laws. That was settled between 1775 and 1783.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Just a reminder...

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

originally posted by: Groot
Got to ask, for those anti gun advocates on here, did your dad ever take you out and teach you how to use a gun?

Never. He showed me how to ride a bike, how to drink beer carefully, how to sail a boat and how to ride a car. I never understood the fable for guns, I'm more the blades type and prefer to swing a sword now and then. Krauts... I know.

Did your dad never mock you for playing the orcish troll in LARPs? Maybe you should've wasted more time in the woods as a kid, hitting each other with funny sticks.

You poor kid.
Spent plenty of time in the woods, bringing home the occasional snake I captured. We all role play as kids. Apparently your dad was in the right for making fun of you.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Look, the British tried suggesting we give our guns up once and it didn't turn out so well. Just because you guys have given up your rights to protect yourselves doesn't mean that is appropriate for the United States. We had to kick Britain's a## to defend our guns and rights once, and we shouldn't let anyone talk us into giving up our rights now either.

Common sense must prevail. Shootings account for such a small number of annual deaths, far less actually. The US ranks very low for annual murder rate, something like 5.5/100000 which is 52/120 some total nations. There is a reason that murder rate is so low, as defensive firearm use happens almost daily. Look no further than "Active Self Protection" on YouTube for videos of precisely that. It is so common for firearms to save lives, and trying to revoke that unalienable right is futile.

The 2nd amendment will sleep well tonight, especially given the SCOTUS make up (and probable future Trump appointments).

edit on 11/7/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Pass the soap, problem solved.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Just what we need...another Brit telling us what our rights should be because they know what's best for us. I think you should join the rest of the world and drive on the right side of the road.........

You say you don't want to see guns banned but yet if we're advocates for the 2nd, we have blood on our hands? Contradict yourself much?
edit on 7-11-2017 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Sigh. Personal attacks will not make the second amendment or any other part of the BOR disappear just because you don't like it.

It is generally more effective to actually counter arguments with facts/answers instead of insulting the person making the statement.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The key difference in the UK view and the US view is the difference between a right and a privilege. One doesn't have to prove a fitness to exercise a right. Its why old people can have their drivers license taken...driving isn't a right. Travel is, and they are still free to travel.

Well actually you could say the same about guns, the right to bare arms is not the same as the right to own a gun.

You could still have the right to bare arms but without a gun, much in the same way as with a car you would still have your right only it becomes slightly more limited.

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
What do you think to keep arms means?

Sure you take away a car you still have the right to freedom of travel only its more limited, same with guns, take away the guns or say even limit the amount of ammunition owned, you still have the right to defend yourself only it becomes more limited.

uhuh
'Hello Mr. OtherSideOftheCoin, i'm from the government. I'm here to take your guns and ammo away.'

There are more than 400 Million privately owned firearms in the US, up to a third of all american alduts own at least one firearm.
If you think passing some (blatantly unconsitutional) law will solve this issue you are kidding yourself. Doesnt even work on the East Coast, what do you think would happen in rual areas out west?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
And for all those murdered by rape, robbery and other reasons who would have been able to buy a weapon but will not be able to because of your wishes, BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS. Australia and England all have the same murder rates. I can't site my source but have read Australia has a higher home invasion rate than we do.
Also what about drunk drivers. More people killed by drunk drivers than mass shootings. Want to take away cars from everyone? Try taking alcohol away from everyone. You would be real popular then. Damn all of congress would hate you because you can't find that many lushes in one place anywhere else on earth.!!! LOL

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
Just what we need...another Brit telling us what our rights should be because they know what's best for us. I think you should join the rest of the world and drive on the right side of the road.........

You say you don't want to see guns banned but yet if we're advocates for the 2nd, we have blood on our hands? Contradict yourself much?

The last time I checked this site was on the World Wide Web, not the American Wide Web!!

Can you all try and drop the sarcastic remarks towards people asking about gun laws. I tried to explain my point of view and got an excellent and well mannered response from BigFatFurrryTexan. You guys would put your opinions in a far better light if its more about explaining your rights/laws than just posting something about kicking arses or who cares if you don't like it, even if the original OP was a bit insulting with the "blood on your hands" comment, it doesn't mean you have to stoop to the same or lower level.
We have plenty of other threads about things going on around the world, does that mean only the people from there should be aloud to post?

Back to the topic at hand.
How do you guys think that the background/health checks could be improved, and do you think that say for example, someone is charged with domestic violence or has a mental health issue that some sort of law inforcement agency should remove that persons firearms?

edit on 8-11-2017 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join