It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Advocates Have Blood on Their Hands

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Willtell
Anyway, you could have your revolvers and hunting rifles.

Pssst.... An AR-15 is a hunting rifle. But don't let that get in the way of your uneducated emotional rantings.

Please. Don't. Stop.

If someone can't grasp the basic understandings of firearms, is it worth the time?

I am perplexed almost daily by the folks to believe fully automatic weapons are sold at the local sporting store.

Its not new, look at all the news footage of these anti 2nd amendment people, CLEARLY showing ignorance of firearms and even firearms safety. Hell we even had a gov official making a speech with two weapons on the house floor and he didnt know the difference.

The majority of these activist have absolutely NO clue about firearms, let alone the laws that are already in place.

If I have to hear one more time "their should be background checks" I am going to scream.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
You see reality works like this.

What we all do such as politically support a pro gun environment, determines that the congress will not make stringent laws to obliterate this super gun environment, when obviously the country is not mentally fit to have this environment.

That’s the logic the OP was trying to get through the thick wall of the gun lovers

Your political choice and pressure on the congress is responsible for this dangerous environment.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

It points to another problem. Ignorance.

Generally when these subjects come up, I tend to advocate education and training. That may have been an error due to the tight grip on the ignorance of the facts when it comes to firearms. Can't force people to learn I suppose.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Except that's not what happened. The Air Force neglected to report restrictive criminal history to NICS.

I don't expect you to know that, or to even care. Facts are only for people who care about the truth.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

It's a pro gun country. That is the reality. Regardless of party or leader, the 2nd remains in tact.

There are ways to go about changing that, perhaps you should travel that route. On the way, bone up on your knowledge of firearms because you come off looking horridly ignorant when attempting to discuss them.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

What we all do such as politically support a pro gun environment, determines that the congress will not make stringent laws to obliterate this super gun environment, when obviously the country is not mentally fit to have this environment.

That’s the logic the OP was trying to get through the thick wall of the gun lovers

Your political choice and pressure on the congress is responsible for this dangerous environment.

And your (and others) lack of basic firearm education means you are not educationally fit to be advocating for any change in that environment.

How do the supporters of the 2nd amendment get that through the thick wall of the gun haters?

My answer: Firearm Education

What is your answer?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Except that's not what happened. The Air Force neglected to report restrictive criminal history to NICS.

I don't expect you to know that, or to even care. Facts are only for people who care about the truth.

yeah they really dont want to discuss that

had the law been followed that athiest wife and kid beating asshole wouldnt have neen able to buy his guns

enforce the laws we have

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I'm not an advocate or activist of ANY KIND. I'm a vet,an established tier of defence against multiple combatants,based on prior skills, high IQ and prior honorable service in recon for the army.
THAT means I can infiltrate and find targets better than infantry as well as eliminate them quietly or within 200 meters.
What is YOUR background in ?
I haven't got children because I am handicapped math wise but I haven't shot any either.
edit on 6-11-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: projectvxn

yeah they really dont want to discuss that

had the law been followed that athiest wife and kid beating asshole wouldnt have neen able to buy his guns

enforce the laws we have

Or he would have had to buy it illegally.
Or he would have made homemade explosives.
Or he would have waited outside the church for the congregation to get out then drive though the assembled crowds.

edit on 11/6/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Oh please do tell, considering what you have already posted.

I dont need a gov to tell me whats good for me, if you advocate for this then perhaps you dont mind them in other areas of your life telling you whats good for you and whats not. Maybe we should let president Trump decide whats good for everyone? Thats what youre advocating. Sorry Im not into dictatorships.

No, psychopaths hell bent on killing people are responsible for this environment.
The lack of values in society anymore is responsible for this environment.
The devaluation of human life is responsible for this environment.
The lack of respect in this society is responsible for this environment.

Not an inanimate object, or my vehement declaration that I have a right to carry it.

link   
a reply to: JinMI

What because I said you gun lovers can have rifles, I didn’t go into particulars of what is and isn’t a rifle.

Whatever you know about guns I don't know-- that can relate to this discussion--- I could learn in a matter minutes

Unfortunately, it may take lifetimes to move the hard hearts and the ignorance inside the breasts and heads of you gun lovers.
edit on 6-11-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

link   
2nd amendment folks have blood on their hands? Guns owners are no more responsible for the insane actions of a deranged man than vehicle owners are responsible for the incident in Manhattan.

It isn't guns. Simple fact is AR-15s were put on the market in 1964. Gun ownership has steadily decreased since the 70's (www.norc.org...).

The increase in frequency of mass shootings has been a relatively recent development, since about 1999. So it is clear that the availability of a certain type of weapon or amount of weapons is not the root cause of this recent trend...so what is?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Another mass shooting.

And this is not going to be a popular thread……

So before anyone wants to post some knee jerk reaction this title please just read what I have to say.

So I have often said that the reason that Trump does what he does is because his base of support do not challenge him. If every time he says or tweets something stupid and his base of support rush to defend him he will keep doing it, even to the detriment of the nation. This is because there are two extremes, his opposition are pretty unlikely to support him no matter what and he knows this, trying to appease them is pretty pointless yet his supporters it seems will defend him no matter what. By extension then so long as Trump supporters continue to defend him they too are also partly to blame for the mess he is slowly creating.

This however is not another Trump thread.

I realised yesterday that this line of thinking applies to more than just trump supports and partisan politics. It could apply to political issues, second amendment advocacy for example.

The biggest obstacle to introducing gun control policies in America is a lack of political will and the force behind the big lobbies. If Trump and the Republicans were to turn around today and announce they were going introduce British or Australian gun laws it would be political suicide. The NRA has something like 5 million members (some estimate up to 14 million) so right away they have lost 5 million votes. That alone could be enough to have a huge impact in swing states however we know that there are many millions more in America who would also strongly oppose any such changes to gun laws. It would be political suicide so no politician is going to want to do it because doing so would be to sacrifice the power that comes with political office. Some would probably even take to actual violence in opposition to any changes in the law.

Let me say that I think its sickening that the politicians refuse to act out of this fear, they fear losing the support of the gun lobbies and they fear losing the votes that will see them maintain their position of power.

Yet if the people who are such strong advocates of gun rights were to revolt, if they were to say enough is enough and in enough numbers and demand sweeping changes to gun laws to try to stop all these senseless killings then things would change. It would give the politicians the political will to stand up to the gun lobbies and pass laws that would be the start of adopting more sensible gun laws.

The big problem then lies with those who refuse to challenge these gun laws for selfish reasons. After every mass shooting there is a plethora of individuals who rush to defend their guns and deflect away with other arguments about cars, knifes, mental illness and that I am British…..

The truth is that every time you defend your right to own a gun you are defending the rights of the shooter as well and as such I believe you have blood on your hands. So long as you continue to defend your precious second amendment you are defending the ability for these men to walk into a church or school and kill indiscriminately. If you would change your thinking, admit this is wrong and pressure your politicians to act to bring about stronger gun regulation and kick out the gun lobbies it would happen.

You have the power you just refuse to use it.

It coms down to that old quote

“The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing”

That is what is happening right now you are all sitting back doing nothing, preventing change and the result is a mass shooting almost every day.

You second amendment advocates have blood on your hands.

Have you ever owned a gun? Have you ever fired a gun? Have you ever had your life threatened?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

What because I said you gun lovers can have rifles, I didn’t go into particulars of what is and isn’t a rifle.

So why attempt to have a stance on something that you're ignorant of? Does it feel good? Does it aid in acceptance to some group? I ask because it makes you look foolish in the process .

Whatever you know about guns I don't know-- that can relate to this discussion--- I could learn in a matter minutes

And yet, you havn't. Even though having strong 'feelings' to the point of denying someone else their rights...right?

Unfortunately, it may take lifetimes to move the hard hearts and the ignorance inside the breasts and heads of you gun lovers.

It is my opinion that you should start at home. That's where the ignorance seems to lie.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Screams at us for being ignorant, but displays complete ignorance of guns, gun laws, and of the bill of rights and how they work.

Priceless

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

Screams at us for being ignorant, but displays complete ignorance of guns, gun laws, and of the bill of rights and how they work.

Priceless

See, my answer still applies, Education

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The majority of these activist have absolutely NO clue about firearms

Who gives a damn? Gun worship is a mental disease that's a danger to everyone else. You don't have to know everything about firearms to know that.

I actually do know a fair amount about guns and I think we should change the second amendment to let states regulate them more.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bphi1908

I think we live in a dark, death worshipping culture. Eternally fascinated by celebrity, social media attention whores, and a total disregard for the well being of our fellow citizens when it comes to things that really matter.

We've been this way since 9/11/2001. The underlying optimism that was once characteristic of Americans has become anger, resentment, hatred, and war. Killing has become mainstream entertainment, and with recent stories of Russian agents orchestrating both sides of a hot button protests to create violence in the streets, you can bet our enemies are taking advantage of our current national psychology.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yet again another thread in which a UK citizen wants to chime in and dictate what laws should exist in the U.S.

Tell you what, you are a gun control advocate. Your hands are full of blood because the most killings with guns and firearms in general in the U.S., and even in your own country and Wales among many others occur in cities and states that have the most restrictive gun control laws...

Not to mention the fact that this murderer was stopped by a U.S. citizen who was carrying a firearm... It could have been worse had not this man been carrying a firearm...

Even in your own country with your highly restrictive gun laws gun crimes have continued to increase to this day... But of course, you won't blame your stance on "gun control" for the increase in gun crimes in your country... Not to mention the law abiding people in your country who have been sent to jail for using in self defense against criminals the few firearms your restrictive laws allow...

But yet again, we see how the mentality of the left keeps trying to blame "Americans who defend the second amendment" but when it comes to the increase in gun crimes in cities, states or nations that have highly restrictive firearms the "gun grabbers" want to clean their hands and don't blame themselves...

This thread is nothing but another attempt by a foreigner, and many people who starred and flagged this thread, to meddle in the affairs of other countries... But hey, what should we expect, it is the "authoritarianism that the left is so fond of"...

edit on 6-11-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The people that have "blood on their hands" are the liberal boys and girls that have "public educated" potential men and women, to believe the/a government will be there to protect you.
An armed citizen stepped in, and stopped this nutcase from doing more damage. Where was the "law", when the perp fired the first shot? Oh, that's right! What he was doing, was against the "law"! What idiot, doesn't obey the "law"? It took a citizen to exchange lead with this coward, to stop his killing spree! God's strength be upon his sword! OP you English have lost so much of your own glory that nothing you people have to say means anything to us Americans. And that's sad. Because I served alongside an Irish Guard that shared my name. We were both Murphy's. I'd have passed him ammo any day! I know, he'd do the same for me. There's two Flags that should never fall on this planet. That's the Union Jack and The Stars and Stripes!

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join