It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Advocates Have Blood on Their Hands

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The state has a right to proscribe gun ownership

Governments in the US, with exception of dealing with federal government powers, do NOT have rights. They have powers, among which taking rights away from citizens is not one.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

What about the rights of those church goers ?

Taking guns away wouldnt change anything other than the fact that the man who shot at the perp when he was outside, wouldnt have stopped him from killing more if he was unarmed

Soon we’ll have no rights

Yes youre right, if people keep pushing the agenda of removing rights, like anti 2nd amendment folks

Look, to solve this there has to be sacrifices to what you think are your rights.

Its not a "think", its the bill of rights, read that RIGHTS, is pretty clear

The state has a right to proscribe gun ownership

No they do not

Can the logic of that get through to you

Those are privileges not rights, does the logic of that get through to YOU?

It always amazes me when people yell and preach at me about rights when they clearly dont understand how any of those documents work. Educate yourself
edit on 6-11-2017 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: ssenerawa

Don’t you understand its saving peoples lives, not judging by statistics, like the kids here I cant even look at

www.huffingtonpost.com...
So we should ban cars too right? Might as well ban the blinds that cover our windows too while we’re at it no?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Exactly!

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It’s just very simple.

People who are gun advocates should give up their strong advocacy for the sake of the innocents slaughtered in this epidemic.

In Japan they have hardly any of this

Australia has gotten their mass killings down to none after changing their laws over an incident. IT WORKS.

Life is about sacrifice.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

a reply to: SailorJerry

Whats your message to people who honestly believe we need better gun control ?

My answer is we dont need anymore gun laws we have plenty, we have a heart issue not a gun issue.

People dont value LIFE anymore, and weve become a nation of heartless narcissists.

We need to bring back family values again, the value of life, and do more to actually take care of the mentally ill in this country instead of just throwing meds at them.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

As long as it's someone else's sacrifice?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

It’s just very simple.

People who are gun advocates should give up their strong advocacy for the sake of the innocents slaughtered in this epidemic.

Australia has gotten their mass killings down to none after changing their laws over an incident. IT WORKS.

Life is about sacrifice.

If you are a U.S. citizen, then by all means, give up your 2nd Amendment right. I will not stop you. However, you do not get to decide for anyone else whether they do the same. I decide not to advocate my responsibility inherent in that right. If you cannot accept that, too bad. Seriously, that's life. Life is choice. You (nor anyone else) gets to make that choice for me.

edit on 11/6/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

where is your outrage against cancer? heart disease?auto accidents?
why is one tragedy greater than the other?

your outrage is disengenous bs

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

a reply to: Shamrock6

You think its funny

Compassion and empathy is a joke to you

All you care about are your precious guns

One day you may be in a situation were their no help to you

Standing before God maybe

On the contrary. I see nothing whatsoever “funny” about rushing to give up my rights because of an appeal to emotion.

And I pray my children will not be so easily swayed into giving up their rights as people like you are.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Youre right it is simple, people who insist on taking our right to protect ourselves, our families, and our neighbors away should give up there strong advocacy for that, in favor of actually SOLVING the problems that lead up to psychopaths snapping and killing people in masse. It will NEVER be fixed, but we can damn sure do a lot more to assess people like this instead of just throwing meds at the problem.

They should also advocate for bringing back VALUES again in our society.

In japan they still have a very very strong sense of family and life as well as kindness and respect towards others and HONOR

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa

a reply to: ssenerawa

Don’t you understand its saving peoples lives, not judging by statistics, like the kids here I cant even look at

www.huffingtonpost.com...
So we should ban cars too right? Might as well ban the blinds that cover our windows too while we’re at it no?

Maybe we should?

And save the environment in the process as well.

Cars are accidents

Also, why don’t you complain about being forced to have car insurance?

But overall, the answer to that is simple; cars are a necessity guns aren’t. Particularly a person with 40 or 50 semi automatic killing machines.

The many countries that have severe gun laws that work prove it can lessen these outrages incidents

Anyway, you could have your revolvers and hunting rifles.

Your allowed to be James Bond and Daniel Boone, just not Jack the ripper

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Satan is the problem, NOT guns or the right to bear them.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

where is your outrage against cancer? heart disease?auto accidents?
why is one tragedy greater than the other?

your outrage is disengenous bs

Or abortion that kills 500k of those "children" he keeps saying hes so worried about , a year

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This is not about Trump. He just agrees with the majority on the issue. There are still enough people who understand that more guns in civilian hands have kept our tyrannical controllers at bay somewhat.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Pssst.... An AR-15 is a hunting rifle. But don't let that get in the way of your uneducated emotional rantings.

edit on 11/6/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

none of that forwards his gun grabbing agenda
they dont care about tragedy
it is about scoring political points with these people

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Cars are accidents Also, why don’t you complain about being forced to have car insurance?

Are you choosing not to see the incidents of terrorism the past few years with them driving through crowds of people? There was one just last week in NY. Those arent accidents.

The insurance thing again, you must be ignoring everyone who has told you that driving is a privilege not a right granted by the bill of rights. And no I dont see anything wrong with having to pay for something that makes sure people and the vehicle is taken care of in the event of an accident.

But overall, the answer to that is simple; cars are a necessity guns aren’t

Thats your own bias speaking, theres public transportation, in the same token, half the meat I get a year is taken down by my firearm. Youre hyperbole is failing, hard.

Youre not allowed to have an automatic anyway as a normal citizen, Seriously do you even pay attention? Do you know how guns work? Do you know what a majority of gun crime is committed with?

Have you done ANY research other than using your "feelings"?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Pssst.... An AR-15 is a hunting rifle. But don't let that get in the way of your uneducated emotional rantings.

Please. Don't. Stop.

If someone can't grasp the basic understandings of firearms, is it worth the time?

I am perplexed almost daily by the folks to believe fully automatic weapons are sold at the local sporting store.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

none of that forwards his gun grabbing agenda
they dont care about tragedy
it is about scoring political points with these people

Thats because when it comes to that, their tune turns. Then all the sudden its "We dont have a right to tell women what to do with their bodies"

Yet they feel they should have the right to tell us we shouldnt have our ACTUAL rights.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join