It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Advocates Have Blood on Their Hands

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Hey we can agree on something.

Amazing isn't it?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The same people that want to ban all guns because of the actions of a single person are obviously the same people that want to ban all Muslims because of the actions of a single person.

Right?

As usual, no. But a tightening of any loose regulations that facilitate either a gun owner with an itchy booger hook, or some cool-aid snackbar entrepreneurs, might not be something so sinister.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Here is a little known FACTOID.

In its 1997 decision in the case, the Supreme Court ruled that the provision of the Brady Act that compelled state and local law enforcement officials to perform the background checks was unconstitutional on 10th amendment grounds. The Court determined that this provision violated both the concept of federalism and that of the unitary executive.

en.wikipedia.org...

However, the overall Brady statute was upheld and state and local law enforcement officials remained free to conduct background checks if they so chose

It's optional.

They don't have to and would fall under STATE RIGHTS.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151
a reply to: starlitestarbright

It's not their sole purpose. What a dumb thing to ssy

I have more trouble eating my kellogs with a glock. They make terrible spoons.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Kryties

The liberty to go about my day, anywhere in my country, knowing that I am totally safe and that the likelihood of some nutjob with a gun coming to kill me is so low as to not worry about it.

Funny so can I.

In 47 years no one has ever shot any me acting like commancheros.

Must be all those guns you have on your person, ready for that one time that punk feels lucky..

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

Not really, you can take the slide off and use it as a spoon.
😁

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
18 times in the 20th century alone governments, dictators etc. have taken away the rights of their citizens to own guns. 17 of those 18 times the result was mass genocide. So, by your reasoning does that mean that all opponents of private gun ownership have the blood of millions of victims of genocide on their hands?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The liberty to go about my day, anywhere in my country, knowing that I am totally safe and that the likelihood of some nutjob with a gun coming to kill me is so low as to not worry about it.

Funny so can I.

Must be all those guns you have on your person, ready for that one time that punk feels lucky..

I see someone going around half cocked.

As if.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Did you fail to notice that it was a citizen gun owner who stopped the perpetrator, who would otherwise have gotten away? Moreover the perp.s guns were bought illegally. He lied on his background check. Gun laws are strict in Chicago, but gun violence is on the rise.

But unfortunately you fail to understand the most profound reason for the 2nd amendment. Namely to protect US citizens from unlawful government. Many of the recent attacks were fomented by evil government in various forms.

In particular I note the left's call to violence and the overthrow of the US republic through antifa. I view the attacks on Rand Paul, Las Vegas and the church shooting as antifa related action. For the Texas operation, note this now deleted image on 4chan prior to the attack:
pbs.twimg.com...

All these attacks are consistent with antifa's stated goal of killing Trump supporters. A civil war has begun and we don't even know it. For this reason we need to be well armed and prepared, because it is quasi government forces, like George Soros's Open Society foundation, now flush with $18 billion in cash, who are perfectly willing to use violence to achieve their ends.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

You don't have fire extinguishers in your home because you expect a fire.

Fires burn. Fire extinguishers put fires out. Fires aren't directional, so putting a fire out with a fire is inane. We use a fire extinguisher to put the fire out, and even then we have regulations on what type of extinguisher should be used for specific fire types.

In fact, they run courses on OH&S here that ask you to identify the type of extinguishers in a building. Or did, last time I worked, OH&S was a joke and the peons ignoring the logical safety behind such things, are the ones who end up on compo.

They really should teach better OH&S guidelines and policy to staff.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Funny so can I.

Yet you still feel the need to have guns for "personal defence". If it was so safe there, why would you need them for this?

Well I really don't have to explain a damn thing.

It's my right as well as every other American citizen.

End of story.

Ahha... so it's all about YOU... nothing to do with protection or using a tool for the job, or hunting, or target shooting, it's all about YOU and how YOU will not have something you can't even articulate, taken from you, because RIGHTS !!!11

One that we're all ostensibly so much worse off for never having...

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

I agree with most of what you're saying.

But it isn't really the specifics of fire safety protocol. It's the philosophy behind owning a fire extinguisher.

I don't expect a home invasion. But you can bet a home invader won't be expecting me and some very accurate fire.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Actually, you're not. I could show up at your house with a gun and do terrible things to your family and there's nothing you can do about it but die. Now, if you had a gun, you would be free.

Using an argument of fear to justify your illogical fear of what if?

where have I heard that before...

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SevenThunders

Did you fail to notice that it was a citizen gun owner who stopped the perpetrator, who would otherwise have gotten away?

I did.

I also notice things like this.

Far more people have been saved by them than used against them.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Uhaul has blood on their hands.

see how stupid that is

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

you're not doing it right.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Funny so can I.

Yet you still feel the need to have guns for "personal defence". If it was so safe there, why would you need them for this?

End of story.

Ahha... so it's all about YOU... nothing to do with protection or using a tool for the job, or hunting, or target shooting, it's all about YOU and how YOU will not have something you can't even articulate, taken from you, because RIGHTS !!!11

Well that is what individual rights IS all about.

The individual.

Instead of trying to dish out collective punishment to those that ain't done jack snip.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Go walk the streets of detroit after dark and get back to me.

Wild animals, you say?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Funny so can I.

End of story.

Well that is what individual rights IS all about.

The individual.

Instead of trying to dish out collective punishment to those that ain't done jack snip.

Never said to dish out collective punishment. But at least we've moved away from the collective shocked claim of "I hunt, it's for protection, I take it target shooting!"

and moved onto the real crux of the matter, it's MINE MINE MINE !

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Funny so can I.

End of story.

Out of curiosity, where you are from...do you normally have to justify your rights? If so...are they really rights?

The whole thing about having a right to do something is that you don't have to justify when to do them. Consider it in context of other rights. Do I need a reason to not allow an officer to search my property? Or to not allow a soldier to take over my home as his quarters? Do I have to justify why I choose to speak freely? Or why I don't want to give self incriminating testimony?

Rights don't need justification other than "i felt like it". That is what a right is.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join