It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Advocates Have Blood on Their Hands

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

I swear to God before I even opened this thread, I knew you authored it!

Of course you did, my username is under it.

Is Piers Morgan your Dad or something?

yes, yes he is.

You think you can try and smear it in our faces AGAIN??? Or are you just needing attention?

Just because I have different political views that I voice does not mean I am craving attention.

Are you envious???

Hell no!

What is it that is truly bothering you?

It bothers me when I see the most powerful nation on earth totally incapable of acting to stop these kind of deaths because of a lack of political will.

how does it PERSONALLY effect you?

I hate seeing the pointless death of all humans, it does not directly effect me but why should that matter?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I see you live in Great Britain. You are where you need to be. How we Americans handle our politics is none of your business. Great Britain already made their choice to go defenseless. That is your choice.
Keep your choice in Great Britain.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You keep ignoring this question.....

He broke the law obtaining this firearm

What NEW law is going to fix that?

Are you advocating the government go door to door and confiscate ALL firearms?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Watch 'Bowling for Columbine'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
There are 3 things I have learned about this subject on ATS.

A: Americans do not like non Americans talking about thier right to bear arms.

2: Most Americans think that in the UK you are not allowed to own a gun or even a knife, you need a special permit to use a pencil sharpener.

D: The concept of owning a gun to protect yourself from people because they are allowed to own a gun makes me go a bit dizzy and I have to stop thinking about it.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Your name doesn't appear underneath the thread title in the "new" section on mobile, sorry.

Oh and of course, the USA is the only country worldwide that kills people, or their own.

You admit to picking on the most powerful country however, so I'm going with envious.....

Yeah, envious works for me.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I see you live in Great Britain.

Leave them to it - when all the Americans have killed all the Americans the population issue will be much improved!

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
About 80% of gun crimes are committed by people who shouldn’t have been able to get their hands on a gun to begin with.

So no, I do not have blood on my hands. Neither the fact that laws in place aren’t enforced as vigorously as they could be, nor the fact that I’m not going to be party to a “magic wand” solution that sees myself and tens of millions of other gun owners disarmed because of somebody else’s actions....

Neither of those things puts blood on my hands.
edit on 6-11-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
No blood on anyone's hands but the shooter. He was a domestic violence offender, and had a dishonorable discharge both of which disqualify you from owning a firearm.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

how does one describe sunshine to a blind person?
rights have no value to you because you have none.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

rights have no value to you because you have none.

I am as free as you.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Who had blood on their hands resultant from the Port Arthur and Monash Uni killing sprees? Both had a gun as the weapon of choice and both occurred very far away from anything associated with the US Constitutions 2nd amendment?

Did I mention you're obsessed with Trump, whom you mentioned multiple times in the OP, irrespective of your disclaimer that this thread ain't about Trump.

Expand your mind.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Expand your mind.

When you open your mind I will consider it.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

They were not talking about an all out ban when the 1903 pistols act came into force.

They were not talking about an all out ban when parliament responded to the Hungerford massacre with another act of parliament, and they were not talking about an all out ban after Dunblane either.

And yet its only the 1.2 million people with a BOATLOAD of cash, and nothing better to do with it, in a nation of over sixty million people, who can afford to either own the gear (because its been priced out for most people), or get a certificate or permit to own the damned things.

Thats like saying basically, that NO ONE has the RIGHT to bear arms, because one point two million people out of sixty plus, is a number you only give a damn about if that number of people suddenly die. Statistically, they are an irrelevance, rare ducks, and you should read the bull crap hoops they have to jump through with regard to what sort of stuff they can own. And NO ONE can carry in this country, unless they happen to have connections to the police force, the diplomatic service or some other branch of government.

Sports shooting is all thats allowed these days, and god forbid you should ever fill out the question "what will you use your firearm for" on the application for a firearm perimit, with the words "for defence of self and property against invasion by criminal threats, and for defence against tyrannical overreach by government, in the event of government getting out of control", because you will be DENIED.

That, given the statistical irrelevance of the threat that spree killers pose in Britain, is bloody stupid. Its also ridiculous to live in that situation, when our police are so understaffed that an armed unit cannot turn up to an armed robbery within three minutes, instead taking around fifteen to respond, unless one is talking about in London of course, where things tend to get dealt with quicker, because money.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

go buy an ar15 then get back to me bub.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Ever since you adopted the hard line liberal attitude, you have been on the bad side of me about 100% of the time. And this time is no different. You put a lot of thought into this, but failed so very bigly at understanding the real problem. If you, and those who seem so passionate about this topic used their brains instead of their political talking points, there might be a solution to some of this.

We all know Guns are just tools. By themselves, they can do nothing. The person holding the gun, pointing it at other, (and here is the big part) and being willing to take the life of others, is the real problem. Why do people feel they have that right, or need to take others lives? What happened to the sanctity of life? What happened to empathy? What happened to love? Is the problem mental health? Is it video games? Is it kids being brought up without a parent at home?

I am so #ing sick of hearing stupidity instead of solutions. Go to the root of the problem. The shooter.

edit on 6-11-2017 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   

One must first have a mind to expand it.

Australia has much stricter gun laws than the U.S, and consequently, so many less crimes related to firearms.

It's mindblowing in its simplicity; less guns on the street = less gun crimes.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: bgerbger

One must first have a mind to expand it.

Australia has much stricter gun laws than the U.S, and consequently, so many less crimes related to firearms.

It's mindblowing in its simplicity; less guns on the street = less gun crimes.

I think that Australia is the example America should follow.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

You lost me at Second Amendment.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
where was your outrage at rental trucks last week?
why are you not asking for a ban on rental trucks?
does the entire rental truck industry have blood on its hands?

like i posted

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join