It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Advocates Have Blood on Their Hands

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

All of this turns a right into a privilege.

Driving is considered a privilege and not a right. I rarely see people complaining that they have to jump through some hoops to get their drivers license. Nobody seems to have a lesser lifestyle or any negative effects because of this.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

So you think I have to PROVE myself to the country ...again?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

The more I think about it, what does it really mean to be a Anti 2nd Amendment Advocate? There are 10 original Amendments. They are law. When you say you do not support a Constitutional Amendment it means that you do not believe in the Constitution. If you do not support the Constitution you should not be a citizen of the United States.

It's called an Amendment for a reason.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

It's called the bill of rights for a reason.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Driving is considered a privilege and not a right. I rarely see people complaining that they have to jump through some hoops to get their drivers license. Nobody seems to have a lesser lifestyle or any negative effects because of this.

You might be surprised at how many people think having to obtain a license to drive a vehicle is an infringement on their right to "travel."

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

The more I think about it, what does it really mean to be a Anti 2nd Amendment Advocate? There are 10 original Amendments. They are law. When you say you do not support a Constitutional Amendment it means that you do not believe in the Constitution. If you do not support the Constitution you should not be a citizen of the United States.

Yeah av never understood this.

It’s a amendment

So why then can it not be amended to reflect changing times???

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

And until they are repealed they will be law.

All the rights enumerated in the original Bill of Rights assumes a preexisting right. Every single amendment assumes rights that predate the writing of the Constitution. It is so because the constitution doesn't grant rights, it acknowledges them and restricts government from infringing on them.

Something anti-gunners just don't understand.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

It's called the bill of rights for a reason.

The "2nd" is still an amendment within that Bill of Rights mate. By very definition, it can be amended.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Rights. I know that word has little meaning to you.

RIGHTS.

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

You might be surprised at how many people think having to obtain a license to drive a vehicle is an infringement on their right to "travel."

Yeah I've seen them too, on the "weird" part of Youtube lol. They call themselves "Freemen".

link   

Congress of the United States begun and held at the City of New-York, on Wednesday the fourth of March, one thousand seven hundred and eighty nine. THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution.

Important to note how the Bill of Rights begins.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It’s a amendment

It can, and there is an established and documented process to do just that. However, the anti-gun advocates do not want to try that route because they know it would never go anywhere. That, in itself, speaks volumes about how popular the anti-gun movement truly is with the entire population. Doesn't it?

edit on 11/6/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Every part of the constitution can be amended, buddy. Not just the amendments.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Rights. I know that word has little meaning to you.

RIGHTS.

Sorry? What on earth does that have to do with the definition of the word "Amendment"?

Yes, it is within the bill of rights, but it's an amendment. It can be amended.

I'm not saying anything beyond speaking of the very definition of the word and how it relates to the topic we are discussing.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
However, the anti-gin advocates...

This has gone too far! You can have my gin martini, stirred, dry with extra olives, when you pry it from my passed out hands.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Every part of the constitution can be amended, buddy. Not just the amendments.

Great! So if and when a part of the Constitution is deemed to be no longer relevant, or wrong, or for whatever reason, then it can be amended to change it to reflect the modern times.

It seems we are in agreement!

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It’s a amendment

It certainly can be amended, and there's a Constitutional process by which that can be accomplished. Until then, though, its the law of the land, and, for the foreseeable future, I think its significantly more likely that a Constitutional Convention to address the gun rights issue would actually result in a strengthening of the 2nd Amendment rather than weakening it.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Sure lets reflect modern times.

Most western countries aren't really religious anymore. So we don't need to protect that (Except Islam of course...Wouldn't wanna make them mad would we). People these days also get offended by "hateful speech" so we don't need to protect that anymore. Better keep up with the times you know.

Since western nations are incapable of being despotic anymore(except Donald Trump is a mega fascist dictator), let's repeal the second amendment. No one needs a right to protect themselves anyway. There's cops and the military."But cops and the military are evil, racist murderers, projectvxn!" That's why you give em all the guns dummy! Don't question the narrative.

Modern times indeed.
edit on 6 11 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Useless thread.

The shooter was barred from having guns by current law but proved how useless anti gun laws are because nutcases still get guns. More gun laws just take guns out of innocent citizens hands to make more unarmed defenseless people for the crazies to shoot at.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join