It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Advocates Have Blood on Their Hands

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The backwards comment is the fact that some Americans seem to have a "wild west" mentality which should be an out of date view of there country in this day and age. What is the fear and need to have a firearm at hand every second of the day.

I'm not claiming to be "superior" to you or any other American member but it gets tiring very quickly with these kind of arguments time and again when this kind of shooting happens.
The fact that someone having domestic violence issues, removed from the airforce is allowed to kill a church full of people and no one wonders about should we look at how maybe saving a few people from being shot with assualt rifles not be at the forefront of the arquments and not "its not about guns" its about mental health.

also we haven't been disarmed, we have firearms here in the UK, its just that we don't hand them out like sweets at holloween!

Ill answer like I did earlier today;

we are just under 250 years old as a nation, the first 100 years or so we were almost exclusively a frontier nation, the last 60-65 years we have been used by Europe like the Roman empire used the barbarians before they fell, in the 80 odd years not covered by the previous 2 sets of numbers we were still involved in a number of smaller engagements.

It would be easier to count the years we did not have soldiers fighting than to list the fights we have been in I think, and people wonder why guns are so ingrained in our countries culture without ever looking at our history.

England has what a 1000 years of history in comparison, give us another 400-500 years and maybe we will be more civilized, please remember compared to Europe we are babes in the woods when it comes to killing.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Do you realise how difficult it is to keep a cool head in a thread like this?

Yes. I do it every day.

I think after a member says he could turn up to my front door with a gun and do all kinds of terrible things to me and my family I am aloud to make a few cheap shots rather than losing my cool.

Nein. Report it, and move on. That kinda stuff shouldn't be allowed here.

So if you are going to call me out how about you all out the very first person who posted on this thread by simple calling it a joke and work your way from there.

ohhh and the second member to comment just simply said "Fu@K you bro" which I thought was against T&Cs but I guess that is dependent on your politics now.

Report it. This thread is moving fast, and im only here in between tasks while doing month end close at work.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Somethingsamiss
Pro 2nd here. Slept great last night. But i read another thread on ats today and it brought up a great point. No point in arguing this. There will be no headway made on either end. So pro 2nds, anti 2nds lets just stop. Who knows it may help our blood pressure some.

Just my 2 cents.

It's a conundrum. To debate or not to debate. On one side, this is a debate forum and the topic needs to be discussed - but on the other hand, after hundreds of threads over many years we seem to be arguing the same points over and over again and getting absolutely nowhere.

In a perfect world we could take emotion out of the equation and just debate cold hard facts, but this isn't a perfect world and emotions cannot be easily suppressed.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Unfortunately I am only aloud so many cookies.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Unfortunately I am only aloud so many cookies.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Yes. I do it every day.

I think after a member says he could turn up to my front door with a gun and do all kinds of terrible things to me and my family I am aloud to make a few cheap shots rather than losing my cool.

So if you are going to call me out how about you all out the very first person who posted on this thread by simple calling it a joke and work your way from there.

ohhh and the second member to comment just simply said "Fu@K you bro" which I thought was against T&Cs but I guess that is dependent on your politics now.

Report it. This thread is moving fast, and im only here in between tasks while doing month end close at work.

Hmm. So, apropos of nothing whatsoever, would one member saying that another member is responsible for somebody's death be report-worthy?

Asking for a friend.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I'm sorry if that made you uncomfortable, but the example had to be personal for you to understand how powerless you are against a criminal. You're the good guy, you shouldn't be powerless.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Not difficult at all for mentally balanced individuals.

Doh!.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

The backwards comment is the fact that some Americans seem to have a "wild west" mentality which should be an out of date view of there country in this day and age. What is the fear and need to have a firearm at hand every second of the day.

Have you ever been to the US? Any idea how many parts of this country are extremely remote, with hardly any law enforcement within an hours drive?

I think you are not understanding the nation you are discussing. We are not the East and West Coast. That is just a small part of our geographical whole, and only half of us live in cities. Your term "wild west" is a stretch...but the gist of it isn't too far from that in truth.

I'm not claiming to be "superior" to you or any other American member but it gets tiring very quickly with these kind of arguments time and again when this kind of shooting happens.

Then stop bringing them up and/or participating in them. Its a simple solution, and since you don't live in the US, its a solution that is pretty much final in how your life is effected.

Otherwise, you could realize that shooting is only one method of murder, and murders happen all across the globe.

The fact that someone having domestic violence issues, removed from the airforce is allowed to kill a church full of people and no one wonders about should we look at how maybe saving a few people from being shot with assualt rifles not be at the forefront of the arquments and not "its not about guns" its about mental health.

also we haven't been disarmed, we have firearms here in the UK, its just that we don't hand them out like sweets at holloween!

The UK is disarmed. Whatever you want to call it...you have to beg permission before you are given a firearm. That is disarmed.

If you want to save the folks yesterday from being shot in that church, then you should ask why the law wasn't enforced and how he got that firearm. It wasn't a legally owned firearm.

You might also ask how the US Military saw him as unfit for duty because of his violent tendencies, but let him walk free without any kind of adjudication. The signs were clearly there, and were ignored when him beating on his wife and child were more than the Air FOrce could tolerate....and nothing was done about it.

Had he used a truck...what would the discussion be? I noticed that we didn't get a lot of discussion over the truck attack last week in NYC? Yet they both were the exact same thing: an asshole wanting to murder people. And, if im being honest, i'd bet the people who are dead don't care if it was a truck or a gun that killed them.

link   

originally posted by: Ddrneville

Most intelligent argument for normal people i've heard in a while.
Stop arguing with these guys.

You mention "gun restriction" and americans seem to drop 30 IQ points instantly...
Funny to us europeans

Oh the irony. Talking about intelligence and normalcy while making baseless generalizations. Pontificate to us some more, oh mighty European.

link   
Its good that we've all calmed down a bit after a few comments got under peoples skins.

know if the ATS community could seize the U.N.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Two words
Wishful thinking

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Kryties

My bad, it was other side with all of the american ad homs.

Thankyou.

But I do think you have to be stupid to live in australia (except maybe a big city) and not own a gun, simply due to the wild life.

LOL. Nah, it's not that bad as long as you take precautions. I have lived in both Sydney itself and also rural country areas (I'm currently on a farm 2 hours west of Sydney), so I have a pretty good knowledge of how to protect myself against nasties.

I have a Brown Snake living in my roof I need to deal with sometime in the next few days - the 2nd most deadliest snake on the planet if memory serves me correctly. I'd love to just be able to shoot it but then I'd have to patch the holes I made in my roof lol. I'm thinking about catching the Red Belly Black snake we have living under the shed across the paddock here and putting him in the roof too and letting nature take its course. Red Bellies eat Browns, yeah they are still venomous but it's not a "stick your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye" bite as opposed to a Brown. I have no idea why I just shared this, a day in the life of an Aussie living in the country I guess lol.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

You second amendment advocates have blood on your hands.

What a joke.

I'm pro 2nd and I will sleep just fine tonight.

Yup and thats exactly the kind of views I am talking about.

Your inability to see past your own selfish desire to own a gun means that nothing will change, these mass shootings will just continue.

Is your "right" to own a gun really so important that you would defend it over preventing a man with a gun walking into a school and killing kids?

So why are you blaming all 2A advocates? Oh that's right when it comes to guns it is alright to blame all gun owners, but in the UK its not all Muslims that are to blame for terrorism. You do not get to have it both ways. That in itself makes your argument invalid.

No, what you are missing is the fact that the government does not have the "right" to regulate any of the rights in the bill of rights. Those rights are inherent to the individual and not the state. The UK and AUS, do not have those rights guaranteed. The Constitution is not what we are allowed to do, it is what the government is allowed to do. I fully support the COTUS, as well as all of our inherent rights, yes there have been oversteps on them and yes they need to be corrected.

When your countrymen allowed the UK to take away your rights because of feelings, that is on you guys. Look at your violent crimes without guns alone. Now you guys want to ban knives, that is such a joke, good luck to you and yours, on waiting for the police to try and protect you.

Grim

link   
The more I think about it, what does it really mean to be a Anti 2nd Amendment Advocate? There are 10 original Amendments. They are law. When you say you do not support a Constitutional Amendment it means that you do not believe in the Constitution. If you do not support the Constitution you should not be a citizen of the United States.

edit on Novpm30pmf0000002017-11-06T12:54:16-06:001216 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

link   

Thank you for your reply.I have an interesting one for all of us here.I have a valid pistol permit & in the U.S you cannot leagaly buy one until you are 21 years of age but you can get a pistol permit for concealed carry at 16 yrs of age because your Father can give you one at that age.What are your thoughts on that ?

link   
There’s a way to solve this, really

Just latch up the psychological part of attaining a gun

Enforce the laws we already have

Make them more extreme regarding owning the big bad guns—limit how many one can buy

Let people still have handguns

Create a national, state based militia for the real gun lovers, but they have to go through a very taxing psyche tests

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
There’s a way to solve this, really

Just latch up the psychological part of attaining a gun

Enforce the laws we already have

Make them more extreme regarding owning the big bad guns—limit how many one can buy

Let people still have handguns

Create a national, state based militia for the real gun lovers, but they have to go through a very taxing psyche tests

All of this turns a right into a privilege.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I have to agree with you about having your family threatened,that was
not right.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Honestly thats what I always figured the end game was, price them to the point the plebs cannot afford them.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join