It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Advocates Have Blood on Their Hands

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Kryties

Maybe for you it's a poor example but not for us.

I'd love to see you come down here and spend a week in the outback LOL. Anything you have ever thought was scary in America pales in comparison.

You no nothing about where I have been in this world, Australia is a petting zoo compared to other places I have been.

LOL, OK. Guess you've never experienced it here then.

Greater men than either of us have come undone out there.

If you say so.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: projectvxn

You think the insurgencies in the Middle East were destructive? Wait till Americans get their turn.

About a third of your population are over weight.

What you going to do, sit on them?

Body shaming, now are we?

link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

The same way your ad homs against americans do.

Quote them please.

link   

a reply to: Willtell

Lol, there are at least three hundred armed people in my neighborhood. We'll take those goons with ease. You think they'll RPG our neighborhood? Waco only worked because it was one family. This would be the US declaring war on part of the US. And yes, we've got together and strategized just how we would do it if the day ever comes. The neighborhoods around ours have done similar things. Good luck feds. GOOD LUCK.

ETA: it would only take one neighborhood to stand up and the civil war would begin.

One word

Drones

You'd be perfectly falling into their hands so they could have an excuse to make things bad for everybody. It always happens.

link   

a reply to: nonspecific

If on the other hand he was not free to own a gun then neither would you so you would not be able to go round and shoot him.

Because no one obtains things that are illegal... right?

What? I thought you were talking about the legalities of owning firearms?

Are you you now advocating the owning illigal guns AND going round peoples house and doing horrible things to them and thier families.

I don't think I want to continue this with you as you sound like a nasty peice of work.

link   
Other than possibly the Austin area, I really don't think you'll hear many Texans saying take our guns now.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

One word, toilet paper.

abcnews.go.com...

ETA:
This is a hypothetical about agents trying to take guns from everyone in america by force, they're already making things bad for everyone in this scenario.
edit on 6-11-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The backwards comment is the fact that some Americans seem to have a "wild west" mentality which should be an out of date view of there country in this day and age. What is the fear and need to have a firearm at hand every second of the day.

I'm not claiming to be "superior" to you or any other American member but it gets tiring very quickly with these kind of arguments time and again when this kind of shooting happens.
The fact that someone having domestic violence issues, removed from the airforce is allowed to kill a church full of people and no one wonders about should we look at how maybe saving a few people from being shot with assualt rifles not be at the forefront of the arquments and not "its not about guns" its about mental health.

also we haven't been disarmed, we have firearms here in the UK, its just that we don't hand them out like sweets at holloween!

People who make comments like that aren't representative of most of us. Also, many of us are asking questions about how this guy was able to pass a background check and purchase a gun, because he shouldn't have been able to. We do want to fix that. Magazine limits, assault weapon bans and other nonsense being pushed from the gun control ala carte isn't going to fix that.

link   

To be fair, I haven't seen much in the way of ad homs from Kryties. Not in this thread at least, and I'm not going to go look at his/her/their post history to find one.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

It'd be stupid not to have a gun with you if you're going really deep into the woods.

I agree with that. It was actually the tail end of a discussion that started with me asking another poster why they felt the need to have guns for "personal defence" if, as he claimed, he felt totally safe in his country. I was referring to other people threatening him, not wildlife - but someone else made it into a wildlife discussion.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

To be fair, I haven't seen much in the way of ad homs from Kryties. Not in this thread at least, and I'm not going to go look at his/her/their post history to find one.

Thankyou. I strive hard not to do such things, I am glad somebody else has noticed.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Do you really think our sons, brothers, and uncles would use tanks and jets on us?

Then there is the whole posse comitatus .

It's ILLEGAL to use American troops on the ground here.

They sure love throwing strawmans.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
Between 22-29% own guns in USA

According to the pollsters, that may be, and yet I think even those same pollsters would tell you that a LARGE number of people aren't answering truthfully to that question and that the true percentages may well be twice that high.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

No problem. Fair is fair, after all. I may not agree with your points, but I can appreciate the manner they've been presented in.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I honestly mean this, I wish Americans would stop killing each other, I think you are alright and get on with most of you

Me too.

We got free unfettered access if a woman wants to kill her unborn child, and GD if she wants to own an 'assault' weapon peoples heads exploded, and day She doesn't have that right to choose.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This is a knee-jerk reaction thread. So why would anyone of any sense respond to its content?

And keep ignoring what's going on in Great Britain. We can see very clearly from over here how well your lack of personal protection is working out for you.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

No problem. Fair is fair, after all. I may not agree with your points, but I can appreciate the manner they've been presented in.

And equally I give credit where credit is due

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Pro 2nd here. Slept great last night. But i read another thread on ats today and it brought up a great point. No point in arguing this. There will be no headway made on either end. So pro 2nds, anti 2nds lets just stop. Who knows it may help our blood pressure some.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

The backwards comment is the fact that some Americans seem to have a "wild west" mentality which should be an out of date view of there country in this day and age. What is the fear and need to have a firearm at hand every second of the day.

I'm not claiming to be "superior" to you or any other American member but it gets tiring very quickly with these kind of arguments time and again when this kind of shooting happens.
The fact that someone having domestic violence issues, removed from the airforce is allowed to kill a church full of people and no one wonders about should we look at how maybe saving a few people from being shot with assualt rifles not be at the forefront of the arquments and not "its not about guns" its about mental health.

also we haven't been disarmed, we have firearms here in the UK, its just that we don't hand them out like sweets at holloween!

Most intelligent argument for normal people i've heard in a while.
Stop arguing with these guys.

You mention "gun restriction" and americans seem to drop 30 IQ points instantly...
Funny to us europeans

edit on 6-11-2017 by Ddrneville because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

My bad, it was other side with all of the american ad homs. But I do think you have to be stupid to live in australia (except maybe a big city) and not own a gun, simply due to the wild life.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join