It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Advocates Have Blood on Their Hands

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: projectvxn

You think the insurgencies in the Middle East were destructive? Wait till Americans get their turn.

About a third of your population are over weight.

What you going to do, sit on them?

Cheap shot ad homs...and we are asked why people don't take this conversation seriously.....

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Funny thing about guns, you don't have to be in shape to lie low and pull the trigger. In fact, some of the best marksmen I know are overweight.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

No one ever accused australia of having the brightest nor most industrious populace.
edit on 6-11-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Afghans are malnourished and poorly equipped and trained.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: thesaneone

Maybe for you it's a poor example but not for us.

I'd love to see you come down here and spend a week in the outback LOL. Anything you have ever thought was scary in America pales in comparison.

You no nothing about where I have been in this world, Australia is a petting zoo compared to other places I have been.

link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Go walk the streets of detroit after dark and get back to me.

OK. I know for a fact that it's not as scary as the outback.

link   
A few pages ago someone was bragging about the UK and Australia not having mass shootings. I already shot that down, but I figured I'd post some data to support myself.

List of massacres in Australia

If we look at the 20 years preceding the Australia gun ban, there were 14 massacres resulting in the deaths of 112 people and 59 injuries (some injury statistics appear to be unavailable in this table). The majority of them were shootings.

In the 20 years following the ban, there have been 12 massacres resulting in the deaths of 76 people and 41 injuries. The majority were not shootings.

Seems pretty evident if you remove guns, people simply use other means. But if it makes you feel better that people were stabbed, burned to death, or run over by vehicles as long as it wasn't a scary gun, more power to ya.

Edit: I was gonna do the UK next but I'm having connectivity issues. Maybe later, unless someone wants to step up and do it. It's all easily googleable.
edit on 6 11 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

link   

Actually, you're not. I could show up at your house with a gun and do terrible things to your family and there's nothing you can do about it but die. Now, if you had a gun, you would be free.

That is such a silly thing to say.

If he needs to own a gun to be free to protect himself from you and you have a gun because you are free to have a gun that it makes no sense.

If on the other hand he was not free to own a gun then neither would you so you would not be able to go round and shoot him.

The only way you would be able to shoot him was if you bought a gun illegally and that has nothing to do with freedom, you can do it in the UK but you get in so much trouble for it most don't do it and those that do rarely use them.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Between 22-29% own guns in USA, so maybe it is a little selfish to still want them?

USA makes up roughly 5% world population - USA owns about 50% of the worlds guns

Guns dont kill people though....bullets do, I have no friggin idea how many bullets there are though in USA

I honestly mean this, I wish Americans would stop killing each other, I think you are alright and get on with most of you

link   

I'd love to see you come down here and spend a week in the outback LOL. Anything you have ever thought was scary in America pales in comparison.

You no nothing about where I have been in this world, Australia is a petting zoo compared to other places I have been.

LOL, OK. Guess you've never experienced it here then.

Greater men than either of us have come undone out there.

link   

You've done it then?

link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

What exactly do Americans think their guns are going to do against the US governments jets, tanks, bombs, missiles, laser weapons, sonic weapons, etc etc?

Shhh. Leave the war fighting to those of us who know what we're talking about.

You think the insurgencies in the Middle East were destructive? Wait till Americans get their turn.

It's a genuine question, one that I've asked many Americans and can never seem to get a straight answer. If the whole "right to bear arms" is based on fighting "government tyranny" then exactly how do you defend against that kind of firepower with what comparatively amounts to peashooters?

This isn't civil war line combat.

"The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand."

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

No one ever accused australia of having the brightest nor most industrious populace.

Nice. Insults about my country and my people. How exactly does that add to the debate?

Next time you use WIFI, remember it as an Aussie invention.

Next time you open a fridge, Aussie invention.

Cochlear ear implants? Yup, you guessed it - Aussie.

I could go on all night with examples of just how wrong you are.

edit on 6/11/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

link   
Double.
edit on 6/11/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

link   

Not trying to pick a fight, but we have bears and mountain lions where I'm from here in America. I've been stalked by a cougar before, and a knife isn't going to make me feel safe in those situations.

It'd be stupid not to have a gun with you if you're going really deep into the woods.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

If on the other hand he was not free to own a gun then neither would you so you would not be able to go round and shoot him.

Because no one obtains things that are illegal... right?

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: projectvxn

What you going to do, sit on them?

Cheap shot ad homs...and we are asked why people don't take this conversation seriously.....

Do you realise how difficult it is to keep a cool head in a thread like this?

I think after a member says he could turn up to my front door with a gun and do all kinds of terrible things to me and my family I am aloud to make a few cheap shots rather than losing my cool.

So if you are going to call me out how about you all out the very first person who posted on this thread by simple calling it a joke and work your way from there.

ohhh and the second member to comment just simply said "Fu@K you bro" which I thought was against T&Cs but I guess that is dependent on your politics now.
edit on 6-11-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
Between 22-29% own guns in USA, so maybe it is a little selfish to still want them?

There's no accurate way to estimate this. There's no national registry, and a lot of people are suspicious when some pollster calls them asking if they own guns. Whatever the estimates are, the real number is likely significantly higher, but I have no way to quantify it.

link   

The same way your ad homs against americans do.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The backwards comment is the fact that some Americans seem to have a "wild west" mentality which should be an out of date view of there country in this day and age. What is the fear and need to have a firearm at hand every second of the day.

I'm not claiming to be "superior" to you or any other American member but it gets tiring very quickly with these kind of arguments time and again when this kind of shooting happens.
The fact that someone having domestic violence issues, removed from the airforce is allowed to kill a church full of people and no one wonders about should we look at how maybe saving a few people from being shot with assualt rifles not be at the forefront of the arquments and not "its not about guns" its about mental health.

also we haven't been disarmed, we have firearms here in the UK, its just that we don't hand them out like sweets at holloween!

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join