It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Advocates Have Blood on Their Hands

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If we change the laws by eliminating precedence being used to take away our rights further than we were told they would be, then I see no problem with passing laws that restrict the rights of some people to own firearms.

We voted to have children buckled up in the car when driving and our government used that to force adults in the front seat to buckle up....without one citizen having a chance to vote on it. That raised a lot of money for our state with all the seat belt tickets given out. Evidence was distorted to make it appear that seat belts were saving more lives, but in essence, there are lots more major injuries because of seat belts overall when you take all variables into consideration.

Now tell me how banning guns is going to stop violence, depolarizing society and getting rid of corruption is the best way to fix things. After all criminals are dead or in prison, then lets talk. Right now, they walk from charges because of technicalities or overcrowding of our jails

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Kryties

The liberty to go about my day, anywhere in my country, knowing that I am totally safe and that the likelihood of some nutjob with a gun coming to kill me is so low as to not worry about it.

Funny so can I.

In 47 years no one has ever shot any me acting like commancheros.

Yet you still feel the need to have guns for "personal defence". If it was so safe there, why would you need them for this?

Wild animals.

LOL.

Australia is literally filled with animals, reptiles and insects that want to kill you, eat you and lay their babies in you - we still do not feel the need to carry guns to defend against these things. Poor example.

link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The day an agent shows up to take my guns, is the day an agent is dead on the porch. There are tens of millions with this mindset. It's not happening. Move on.

They won’t send an agent to take your guns...

Likely, they’ll send many agents with bigger and better guns that you.

That tough macho man (come and take my gun from my cold dead hands) is a war you cant win

Can confirm: most of the law enforcement has zero interest in going door to door to confiscate firearms by force on a national scale.

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

From my perspective, the UK went backwards when it outlawed firearms. After living for a thousand years under monarchs that had the populace disarmed, the UK slid back into that regime.

What exactly do Americans think their guns are going to do against the US governments jets, tanks, bombs, missiles, laser weapons, sonic weapons, etc etc?

It's a genuine question, one that I've asked many Americans and can never seem to get a straight answer. If the whole "right to bear arms" is based on fighting "government tyranny" then exactly how do you defend against that kind of firepower with what comparatively amounts to peashooters?

How have they been doing it in the Middle East?

link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Actually, you're not. I could show up at your house with a gun and do terrible things to your family and there's nothing you can do about it but die. Now, if you had a gun, you would be free.

No you couldn't!

How do you plan on getting your gun into the UK and finding me then me letting you into my home.

drop your gun and try to do that in the middle of Glasgow then lets see how hard you are.

I think this is part of what also annoys me about American attitudes to guns, you think it makes you hard, yet in the UK we would laugh at you.

Its all very watery Mitty stuff with you lot sometimes.

EDIT:

Also if I wanted to I could own a gun anyway.
edit on 6-11-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

link   

From my perspective, the UK went backwards when it outlawed firearms. After living for a thousand years under monarchs that had the populace disarmed, the UK slid back into that regime.

What exactly do Americans think their guns are going to do against the US governments jets, tanks, bombs, missiles, laser weapons, sonic weapons, etc etc?

It's a genuine question, one that I've asked many Americans and can never seem to get a straight answer. If the whole "right to bear arms" is based on fighting "government tyranny" then exactly how do you defend against that kind of firepower with what comparatively amounts to peashooters?

I already answered it.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Its amazing how you seem to think that owning a gun makes you free.

I don't own a gun, I would never really want to or need to own a gun yet I am just as free as you.

As I said previously, most Americans subscribe to the false and disproven belief that they are the only free country on Earth.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Maybe for you it's a poor example but not for us.

link   

Do you really think the US government is going to bomb it's own soil? Are you for real with that?

But let me use the sketchily attributed quote from a japanese general (who commanded tanks and bombs and missiles):

"You could never invade the US, there would be a gun behind every blade of grass."

The same applies to the US government. How has all of that military might worked against a bunch of sand monkeys in the middle east?

link   

I think this is part of what also annoys me about American attitudes to guns, you think it makes you hard, yet in the UK we would laugh at you.

I fail to see the humor in those acting like Russia interjecting themselves in to American politics.

Thought that was bad form.

link   

The Viet Cong seemed to do pretty well.

Do you really think our sons, brothers, and uncles would use tanks and jets on us?

Nonetheless, that question is a red herring. Uncle Sam isn't the only governmental entity that exists in the US.

Gun Control is to blame for this lopsided armament. The government has voted itself the monopoly on violence, enforced with weaponry that is vastly superior. While I can't help that, what I can do is be obstinate in my push back against them.

Nonetheless, its not about fighting the government. Its about wrestling the monopoly on violence they seem to want. I should not have to wait for police response to maintain a pulse.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I will take a stab at that, since I have some experience as a civilian, and as a member of the military.

Right this second if Trump ordered the military into the streets with the intent of subduing some threat real or imagined, an easy 60% (and I think I am being conservative with that) of the military would join the civilians.

Remember right now its all volunteer, these men and women are not going to march in lock step against their families and friends and neighbors.

Now a generation down the road, you will probably get the majority to follow those orders, but right now it would be suicide for whatever regime orders them to attack civilians whos only crime is following the constitution they swore to uphold.

link   

Last I checked they lost.

link   

Shhh. Leave the war fighting to those of us who know what we're talking about.

You think the insurgencies in the Middle East were destructive? Wait till Americans get their turn.

This isn't civil war line combat.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Lol, you just don't get it.

link   

Maybe for you it's a poor example but not for us.

I'd love to see you come down here and spend a week in the outback LOL. Anything you have ever thought was scary in America pales in comparison.

link   

How do you plan on getting your gun into the UK and finding me then me letting you into my home.

This is how:

Also if I wanted to I could own a gun anyway.

laugh away, we laugh at your nanny state and the fact that you have a queen in the 21st century, all of the time.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Lol, you just don't get it.

Actually, I do, hence the response.

link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You think the insurgencies in the Middle East were destructive? Wait till Americans get their turn.

About a third of your population are over weight.

What you going to do, sit on them?

link   

Go walk the streets of detroit after dark and get back to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join