It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Advocates Have Blood on Their Hands

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Which is why my comment was directed at the member that felt the need to get ugly about the conversation and wasn't directed at you.

I'm perfectly willing to have a conversation about gun control that doesn't begin with telling me I have blood on my hands. Unfortunately, this conversation started out exactly like that. Which makes the more moderate supporters of the Second Amendment (which are the majority of it's supporters, by the way) defensive from the outset. Telling us that we are directly responsible for somebody's death that we didn't murder isn't a real good way to get us on your "side" of the discussion.

Well unfortunately I don't care all that much if what I have to say offends you.

I think I might need to break out my wet socks again.

Thinking is in short supply, then. It would stand to reason that telling somebody they're responsible for a murder they didn't commit isn't going to make them think anything other than you're a jackass.

Sorry, I don't care all that much if that offends you.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

After reading the comments from just the first two pages the OP was figuratively dragged under a bus like most posters are if they make a comment about gun laws to most American posters here.
It's then rammed down your throat about not giving up there guns which isn't what was posted.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: starlitestarbright

It's not their sole purpose. What a dumb thing to ssy

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Kurokage

If I'm free to have a gun and you're free to have a gun, whose freedom has been infringed upon?

Some only pay lip service to that word equality.

Clearly some people think some are more equal than others.

Ironic considering gun ownership is the ultimate expression of the word.

EQUAL.

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Which is why my comment was directed at the member that felt the need to get ugly about the conversation and wasn't directed at you.

I'm perfectly willing to have a conversation about gun control that doesn't begin with telling me I have blood on my hands. Unfortunately, this conversation started out exactly like that. Which makes the more moderate supporters of the Second Amendment (which are the majority of it's supporters, by the way) defensive from the outset. Telling us that we are directly responsible for somebody's death that we didn't murder isn't a real good way to get us on your "side" of the discussion.

Well unfortunately I don't care all that much if what I have to say offends you.

I think I might need to break out my wet socks again.

Just like nobody in this country needs to care much about your opinion from the UK. And I don't care that much if that offends you either. Perhaps you need to get your own knife and car killing under control there, because that blood is on your hands as well.

edit on 11/6/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Kryties

You people are tiring in so many ways,

The Communications Act 2003 defines illegal communication as “using public electronic communications network in order to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety”. Breaking the law carries a six-month prison term or fine of up to £5,000.

According to the Register, a total of 2,500 Londoners have been arrested over the past five years for allegedly sending “offensive” messages via social media. In 2015, 857 people were detained, up 37 per cent increase since 2010.

That's freedom!

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The same people that want to ban all guns because of the actions of a single person are obviously the same people that want to ban all Muslims because of the actions of a single person.

Right?

link   

The day an agent shows up to take my guns, is the day an agent is dead on the porch. There are tens of millions with this mindset. It's not happening. Move on.

link   
Statistically the US is number one in mass shootings. They are responsible for 31 percent of them, yet the US has 5 percent of the world population.

LINK

When it comes to gun massacres, the United States is tragically exceptional: There are more public mass shootings in the United States than in any other country in the world, according to a study publishedrecently.
Between 1966 and 2012, there were 90 mass shootings in the United States. Mass shootings are defined for the study as having four or more victims and don't include gang killings or slayings that involve the death of multiple family members. These shootings include the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando in June 2016 -- the worst mass shooting in US history -- and others in an Aurora, Colorado, movie theater and at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, both in 2012.
The 90 US mass shootings are nearly one-third of the 292 such attacks globally for that period. While the United States has 5% of the world's population, it had 31% of all public mass shootings.
"People have been a little surprised by these statistics," said Adam Lankford, an associate professor of criminal justice at the University of Alabama, who did the analysis. Lankford presented his work at the American Sociological Association's annual conference last year and said it's the first research of its kind to do a global comparison.

edit on 6-11-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: Shamrock6

After reading the comments from just the first two pages the OP was figuratively dragged under a bus like most posters are if they make a comment about gun laws to most American posters here.
It's then rammed down your throat about not giving up there guns which isn't what was posted.

Probably because the OP started telling everybody they're responsible for a bunch of murders literally from word one.

link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: roadgravel

Because America is happy telling everyone else how to live there lives around the world but its not ok for anyone else to have an opinion.

Good point, everyone has one. An the US is big on freedom of speech.

link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Yeah they need some knife and truck control over there.

ALL things being equal.

link   

I don't really like to use cliches much but...
Out of my cold,dead hands!

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Why are you surprised? That was the intent of the OP. Anyone that's been here for only a few months would know where this was going to go.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

What liberty yall have.

The liberty to go about my day, anywhere in my country, knowing that I am totally safe and that the likelihood of some nutjob with a gun coming to kill me is so low as to not worry about it. I have the liberty of not feeling the need to own guns to protect myself. Americans seem to think everybody else is out to get them and they need to be on guard 24/7/365 with an arsenal. I have the liberty of not fearing such things.

The fact I have to jump through a few hoops, knowing that it HAS made our country a much safer place to live in (check that Wiki link, it has stats in there), is a very small price to pay.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

hen it comes to gun massacres, the United States is tragically exceptional:

Bull and snip.

We are the 99.%.

link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

You people are tiring in so many ways,

The Communications Act 2003 defines illegal communication as “using public electronic communications network in order to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety”. Breaking the law carries a six-month prison term or fine of up to £5,000.

According to the Register, a total of 2,500 Londoners have been arrested over the past five years for allegedly sending “offensive” messages via social media. In 2015, 857 people were detained, up 37 per cent increase since 2010.

That's freedom!

a good amount of those arrested where for threatening to kill and rape people you know.

link   

originally posted by: cinerama

originally posted by: underwerks

I'm against the banning of guns for one simple reason: prohibition of anything has never worked.

You want to start a war on guns? Then just like the war on drugs it will be a war against people, and not the actual thing you're supposed to be fighting. You're just going to shift things underground and make them more dangerous for everyone, exactly like drug prohibition does.

Even if you could snap your fingers and make every gun in America disappear, it wouldn't be long before people are making their own. Or buying ones that are smuggled in. What a lot of people don't understand is that when you make something illegal, you make it easier to get. Now all you have to do is talk to the guy down the street and you can buy a gun no questions asked, where before at least there's some kind of legal hurdles to jump before you can get a gun.

I understand your sentiment but the reality is that prohibition of any dangerous thing, whether guns, drugs, or prostitution only makes that thing more dangerous as a whole to society.

britain and australia say hello, ask when did we last have a mass shooting and how often they occur here, then laughs in your face.

Britain just waved back at you..
Gun crime in London increases by 42%

And the thing you have to realize, America isn't the UK or Australia. The second guns become illegal here a gigantic black market will form that dwarfs the drug market. Does the UK or Australia have a country directly to the south that would turn into a major illegal gun exporter and producer overnight once guns are illegal, and flood their country with them?

We do.

And another thing, when you make all guns illegal, automatic weapons will become the norm. Because if it's all illegal anyways, then why not sell what everyone really wants? At least most people can't get automatic weapons now very easily, but that would change if guns were made illegal.

I understand where you and others are coming from. I wish it was just as easy as banning guns, but the issue is way more complicated than that. What you and others need to realize is that if you ban guns, the gun supply isn't going to drop. More guns will flood our country but now with zero oversight or safeguards in place.

As I said to the OP, I understand your sentiment, but there are a lot of factors that people don't take into account when thinking about the gun "problem".

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

The liberty to go about my day, anywhere in my country, knowing that I am totally safe and that the likelihood of some nutjob with a gun coming to kill me is so low as to not worry about it.

Funny so can I.

In 47 years no one has ever shot any me acting like commancheros.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

And we have 50% of the worlds guns, so we're actually better than everywhere else, statistically speaking.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join