It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Advocates Have Blood on Their Hands

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: vor78

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Kryties
For what purpose is that projectile propelled at great velocity?

There are various reasons and not all of them revolve around it being propelled at another living thing.

And as someone already pointed out, not a single one is designed for murder.

All guns are designed to kill things, thats what they do?

That's a bit of an oversimplificaton. The rather important caveat is that all firearms on the civilian market in the US were designed and sold strictly for lawful purposes. Not something that can just be glossed over.

I think the simplification is valid, especially for hand guns. they are made to kill, intimidate or injure.

But only for defensive purposes, which completely negates the argument. If there even was one.

Edit: Also, that's not the exclusive purpose of handguns. There are many handgun competitions.
edit on 6 11 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Explain to me again why I have blood on my hands when Kelley LIED(which is a felony) when he bought his weapon ?

NEONE ?

wgntv.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

We'll ta de da, you've used every cop out available to avoid criticism of assigning unwarranted group blame for individuals action.

This claptrap coming from a resident of a country where one can be arrested for practicing free speech, having ones abode arbitrarily searched, taxed to oblivion and having no right or means of defending oneself from criminal, gang, terrorist or government over reach is demonstrative of generational indoctrination into peonism.

I'll take my chances with inalienable rights and its inherent risks and responsibilities over what you have anytime.

IMHO, you're OP restates in its manner of condescending holier than thou thought process, just why our forebears declared independence from you lot.

Don't worry about us over here, we'll work it out. Instead you should take hard look at demographics in your own county and ponder how native born decendants will cope when marginalized, told what to believe and at best become subservient to foreign influence being imported into your lands virtually unchecked.

Since inception we've had arms, lots of arms - arms by themselves are not the problem.

The problem is an encouragement of immoral behavior and an extreme tendency to excuse those abusing freedoms offered in this nation.

Government, education, religion and parents all have dropped their standards to such a point as to elicit the type of "lashing out" behavior we are experiencing across the board.

My question, what did you expect?

Targeted laws on top of laws will not change results. Nor will infringement of longstanding rights.

A couple of generations of hard work might though.

The spoiled rotten offspring of children having children with no compass but having high expectations of the world giving to their every want, desire and need sets up a situation for unstable individuals to act out in anger when find out its a cold hard place.

Fixing that won't eliminate all crazies but surely would reduce frequency of acting out.

My 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
...and inner city violence or mental health.

Nobody wants to truly address that scenario since it involves a whole host of socio-economic dynamics and cultural paradigms that perpetuate that situation. It's not an easy fix while an across the board ban of 'assault rifles' is a feel good action of minimal consequential results.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Oh,I love that term gunbunny,I just might have to use it now
and again.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

This claptrap coming from a resident of a country where one can be arrested for practicing free speech,

And yet here he is, practising free speech, not being arrested.

How do you explain that?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I love the Second Amendment it allows me to protect myself and others if need be. I've never had to use it but damn glad it's still there, any blood on my hands would be due to someone who tried to hurt or kill someone I loved. I'd sleep perfectly ok with that.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

There are various reasons and not all of them revolve around it being propelled at another living thing.

That's a bit of an oversimplificaton. The rather important caveat is that all firearms on the civilian market in the US were designed and sold strictly for lawful purposes. Not something that can just be glossed over.

I think the simplification is valid, especially for hand guns. they are made to kill, intimidate or injure.

But only for defensive purposes, which completely negates the argument. If there even was one.

Edit: Also, that's not the exclusive purpose of handguns. There are many handgun competitions.

If you want a gun to shoot targets then why not leave it locked up nice and safe at the shooting range then?

Same with hunting. Live in an area where there is plenty of space to hunt and keep the gun in a fixed locked cabinet in a secure home and only take it out when going hunting and when finished lock it back up again. For added security keep the ammo in a seperate locked box.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

They're being designed, marketed and sold for lawful purposes related to legally valid self-defense. They're not intended for the purpose of facilitating criminal activity.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I think arguing about who's responsible for gun crimes is silly.

It's the shooter that is responsible.

/thread

Now that this thread is done, everyone have some pie. I stole a mods credit card and they're buying!

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
it dosent mater what you ban in the USA it will be imported from the drug loads south of the USA ... untell that problem is fixed it's like putting the cap on a bottle with holes in it

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

If you want a gun to shoot targets then why not leave it locked up nice and safe at the shooting range then?

Same with hunting. Live in an area where there is plenty of space to hunt and keep the gun in a fixed locked cabinet in a secure home and only take it out when going hunting and when finished lock it back up again. For added security keep the ammo in a seperate locked box.

Those aren't the only uses. I was merely pointing out they do have recreational uses, they're not exclusively designed for killing.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ahhh,the 3 idiots to the rescue! You're bringing pies,so
I will make the sammies!

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I need my different types of tools for the right job, one gun is not going to fly.

If you NEED an AR15 to "hunt", you suck at hunting and should go home.

If you are being invaded by wild boars and NEED high-cap guns, you PROBABLY should re-think where you live.

link   
a reply to: Kryties

Because his government condones gun bans but never ever post something like an anti muslim diatribe on social media or you'll get coppers at the door.

link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Ahhh,the 3 idiots to the rescue! You're bringing pies,so
I will make the sammies!

Yay!

Sammies and pie!

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Most of my guns are locked up when not in use. I certainly wouldn't want them locked up off my property. They're mine, they stay with me.

Same with hunting. Live in an area where there is plenty of space to hunt and keep the gun in a fixed locked cabinet in a secure home and only take it out when going hunting and when finished lock it back up again.

This is just standard stuff.

However I am not a hunter. Nor am I a target shooter outside of training.

My weapons are for self defense/combat. I don't get into semantic debates about what purposes guns fill. There are many. The main purpose of which is to either afford one an advantage in a fight or to even the playing field in a fight.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Why would I do that when I can leave it locked up nice and safe in my own home?

You're going to run into a problem, anyway, given that shooting ranges can be quite few and far between in the rural US You'd have to build hundreds of new ranges nationwide to make that viable and also provide 24/7 security, because they'd be a huge magnet for thieves.
edit on 6-11-2017 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
a reply to: Kryties

Because his government condones gun bans but never ever post something like an anti muslim diatribe on social media or you'll get coppers at the door.

Nonsense. This all stems from the false belief that America is the only "free" country on Earth. This is absolutely false.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

You want some iced tea to go with those sammies?

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join