It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Advocates Have Blood on Their Hands

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: nonspecific
So what kind of trouble do you get in for illegally owniing a firearm?

In New Jersey it's pretty serious, you're looking at a minimum of 5 years.

Sounds about right, any less its not a worry, much more and you might as well shoot the cop and take your chances.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It should read: “The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing” - AND - "For guns to be taken away from law-abiding citizens leaving them in the hands of the lawless."

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

There's NO established line for dementia,on the law books.
It's interpreted by the local provider to the patient under hipaa (IF they actually seek help) it can be manipulated politically by infiltrators seeking to disarm Americans by any means,it happens in larger cities all the time to healthy individuals with NO records at all ,yet the criminals who rely mostly on their OWN supply lines not stores or gun shows, get the ability to predate us,like Chicago.
What do you KNOW that can help?
COMPLAINING isn't working and WE JUST SAW a vigilante and the LEOs are NOT shunning them.
THEY WANT us to trigger and YOU CAN figure out why ,WE HAVE long ago.

edit on 6-11-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: nonspecific

A nice article about black market guns

Is it a serious detterant as with the number of them out there it sounds like it is not of enough of a threat.

Here in the UK if you get caught with an unlicenced gun you get in a lot of trouble.

Its a felony. You lose your right to vote, finding a decent job becomes hard/impossible. Its essentially a one way street to having to turn to a life of crime to try to realize any socio-economic freedom.

But given the stats I have seen for the amount of illegal firearms in the US it is not stopping it.

Any ideas?

link   

Name 5.

• Targeting shooting at a range
  • Skeet shooting
  • Biathlons
  • Opening Beers
  • Shutting of the TV

And 3 types of Austrian cheese.
  • Abgereifter
  • Chorherrenkäse
  • Lüneberg cheese

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Not without other avenues being explored first.

Thats my point. How can we discuss "other avenues" when the people who try to discuss it rationally just get labelled and insulted?

No one i know would call you a "gun grabber" for trying to explore mental health options that would help treat human violence. But i don't think this is going to be resolved by discussing. I think we will need to involve neurochemistry to figure it all out.

In short: nothing can be done on ATS other than let people get their own thoughts in line by discussing with other people.

link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I totally agree with that statement and I'm sure you have taken into consideration that aiming and pulling a trigger is different than stabbing or killing someone with your bare hands.

link   

Name 5.

• Skeet shooting
  • Biathlons
  • Opening Beers
  • Shutting of the TV

• Abgereifter
  • Chorherrenkäse
  • Lüneberg cheese

Well done.

I would have also accepted posing for selfies and impressing girls.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Is it a serious detterant as with the number of them out there it sounds like it is not of enough of a threat.

Here in the UK if you get caught with an unlicenced gun you get in a lot of trouble.

An article I've used multiple times to answer questions like yours:

Article

Survey #1 from the article

Survey #2 from the article

The article is written from the standpoint of looking at gun control and it's impact (or rather the lack of impact) on police officers being killed by felonious acts. One survey is of senior leadership, the other is rank and file cops.

The answers, which are in the survey, to your questions are: not enough, and no. Which is why (overwhelmingly) LE pushes for mandatory minimums and no plea deals for gun crimes, rather than harsher gun control.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

That's 90% of my reasoning. Country girls are hot.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Name 5.

• Skeet shooting
  • Biathlons
  • Opening Beers
  • Shutting of the TV

• Abgereifter
  • Chorherrenkäse
  • Lüneberg cheese

Getting revenge on a computer.

Smart phone.

Tablet.

Swiss army knife a fire arm is.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Name 5.

• Skeet shooting
  • Biathlons
  • Opening Beers
  • Shutting of the TV

• Abgereifter
  • Chorherrenkäse
  • Lüneberg cheese

Well done.

Augustus will never admit to being a gunbunny in an open thread discussion.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

You can get the death penalty , or life in prison for killing someone but that doesnt stop the 15-20k murders a year.

Point is criminals dont care about the penalties, thats why they are called criminals

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Its a felony. You lose your right to vote, finding a decent job becomes hard/impossible. Its essentially a one way street to having to turn to a life of crime to try to realize any socio-economic freedom.

But given the stats I have seen for the amount of illegal firearms in the US it is not stopping it.

Any ideas?

Its a small percentage that violates the law. The stats show this. The overwhelming majority of gun owners are legal gun owners. Most often, unlicensed guns are had by people who are verboten from having a gun to begin with, like felons. Essentially, folks with nothing but time to lose.

Ideas on how to resolve this? I think its much easier than we think: reduce friction. Criminals have guns typically to defend turf. They use turf to run illicit operations. This is typically drugs. If we address drug laws, we reduce the trade that fuels the need for illicit weapons. Perhaps new trade takes its place...who knows. But whatever trade it is, the demand won't be lucrative like drugs have been.

Does this fix most of the "gun deaths" in the US? Nope...because most gun deaths are suicides. And most of those are veterans as a result of their lack of care after leaving the service. I can't even begin to tell you how to fix the VA.

link   

originally posted by: face23785

For what purpose is that projectile propelled at great velocity?

There are various reasons and not all of them revolve around it being propelled at another living thing.

And as someone already pointed out, not a single one is designed for murder.

All guns are designed to kill things, thats what they do?

That's a bit of an oversimplificaton. The rather important caveat is that all firearms on the civilian market in the US were designed and sold strictly for lawful purposes. Not something that can just be glossed over.

link   

Well done.

This is my rifle, this is my gun, this is for impressing and this is for fun.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

An article I've used multiple times to answer questions like yours:

Article

Survey #1 from the article

Survey #2 from the article

The article is written from the standpoint of looking at gun control and it's impact (or rather the lack of impact) on police officers being killed by felonious acts. One survey is of senior leadership, the other is rank and file cops.

The answers, which are in the survey, to your questions are: not enough, and no. Which is why (overwhelmingly) LE pushes for mandatory minimums and no plea deals for gun crimes, rather than harsher gun control.

But the left wants to do away with mandatory minimums and tougher penalties. Obama was pardoning and commuting people with gun crime convictions. It's like I said, they're not serious about actually solving this issue. They get a lot of easy votes and fundraising dollars from it.
edit on 6 11 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

Point is criminals dont care about the penalties, thats why they are called criminals

I think it's moreso because they think they are smart enough to not get caught - therefore they don't worry about the punishment.

Some do it for status, gang nutters as an example. To be jailed for murder increases their status amongst their fellow idiots.

link   
a reply to: face23785

It's the same reason we always talk about "assault rifles" and rampage killers, rather than talking about handguns and inner city violence or mental health.

link   

originally posted by: vor78

originally posted by: face23785

For what purpose is that projectile propelled at great velocity?

There are various reasons and not all of them revolve around it being propelled at another living thing.

And as someone already pointed out, not a single one is designed for murder.

All guns are designed to kill things, thats what they do?

That's a bit of an oversimplificaton. The rather important caveat is that all firearms on the civilian market in the US were designed and sold strictly for lawful purposes. Not something that can just be glossed over.

I think the simplification is valid, especially for hand guns. they are made to kill, intimidate or injure.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join