It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Advocates Have Blood on Their Hands

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
And not even a week ago there was a mass truck attack in the states.

And people are snipping out 'gunz'.

People need to get the hell off it.

The number one killer in the US isn't mass shootings.

They are just OVER hyped, and OVER sensationalized.

Blood on my hands ?

Not as much blood as the state does that runs them to mexican drug cartels, and middle east dictators, and terrorists.

The anti's really do need to READ that GD piece of paper.

It's because of mass hysteria, and histronics it was written.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I think it has a lot of positives for home defense, but my only issue with an AR-15 is that its loud as hell. I don't think I would want to fire one indoors (or any rifle, for that matter). Then again, just about anything is going to do some hearing damage, I suppose.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: nonspecific
Dumb question here but is mental health care free or paid for? sorry to bring the other thread to this one but I feel it is relavant.

Everything is always paid for...nothing is ever free.

But many, if not most, insurance plans cover mental health pretty well. If you're implying that cost may stop someone from seeking mental health, I would argue that the road block would be willingness to seek help way before cost becomes a factor.

The main factors preventing mental health care:

- lack of family support. It may not be this way elsewhere, but in the latin culture you just don't admit these things. And if you do, you may lose much of your family over it.
- delusion. Its not uncommon for people with psychotic issues to not see their need for help. In fact, its often they won't see a need for bathing, or not wearing a ski parka in the middle of summer
- stygma...related to the family support issue. Who in their right mind would volunteer to have mental health issues being made a matter of legal record?
- side effects. This isn't as bad as it used to be, but if your meds make you sleep all the time, have tremors or other muscle issues, or be impotent...why would you volunteer to continue taking them?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

There are gun control policies in America. What, in particular, would you see as being needed in addition to what is already there?

Beyond this, why are we talking about gun control when this turd kills people randomly, but not drivers license control when another turd runs a van into a crowd? WHy is one mode of murder more alarming than another?

The term "gun violence" is a propaganda term. It asks its user to ignore that violence is the issue by putting "gun" as a classifier. Pure propaganda.

A vans primary function is to transport goods.

A carving knife's primary function is to carve meat.

A hammers primary function is to knock in nails.

All of the above can and have been used to kill people.

What is the primary function of a hand gun?

These are some of the basic tools of the 3 idiots.Where are they
when you need them?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: SlapMonkey

When people try to ignore the mental health angle to things. They blithely ignore that suicide by gun hovers around twice as many homicides by gun. But it's not a mental health issue.

That's because if the suicidal didn't have access to guns, they would never take their life in another way.*

They ignore that two-thirds of all gun crime is committed in inner cities.

Yeah, but that doesn't matter, especially when one considers all of the studies that show how living in "concrete jungles" causes the brain to deal with living in society completely differently.* If I recall correctly, it increases the instinctual need to fight more vigorously for resources and territory, amongst other things.

They ignore that something like 80% of gun crime comes from people who weren't legally allowed to have a gun to begin with.

Again, this is an irrelevant point, because it's perfectly logical to think that the next law or restriction will be the one that fixes that statistic.*

So it really does boil down to nothing more than a magic wand solution that effects only the majority, because of a minority.

I suppose--but only wands that have a 10-spell limit, a magical spell-button, and where the wand is not collapsible.*

*All sentences preceding the asterisks are dripping with sarcasm because that is literally the only way that I can continually address such stupidity that is encountered nearly daily.

link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Same. I'm not anti-gun - but the minute we try to suggest better controls in a thread like this we immediately get accused of being "anti-gun".

Because our 2nd Amendment rights have been chipped away and chipped away until we barely have any real right any longer.

The problem I have with this is its an inalienable right, meaning any suppression of it is a tyranny. If my government will impose tyranny on me so I cannot defend myself...exactly what other tyranny will it impose?

It's a tad hard to have a decent, intelligent conversation about the topic when the people who disagree just start shouting "ANTI-GUNNER!!!!!" and don't listen to a word we say.

It goes both ways.

Like i said...line in the sand at this point. Our rights have already been stepped on time and time again. And it hasn't helped yet. Why should I give one more inch?

link   

originally posted by: vor78

I think it has a lot of positives for home defense, but my only issue with an AR-15 is that its loud as hell. I don't think I would want to fire one indoors (or any rifle, for that matter). Then again, just about anything is going to do some hearing damage, I suppose.

Yeah, I mean in most homes with relatively small rooms and narrow hallways, pretty much anything is gonna be hazardous to your hearing. But long-term damage, probably not. It's not like you're doing 100 rounds a week in there, it's only a (hopefully) one time occurrence when you have to defend yourself. I'll take the hearing loss to still be alive.

link   

YOU, YOU, YOUR, YOU GUYS...

I see you've already established a them versus us mentality. If you can't set aside your arrogance then what's the point of even trying to come to a compromise?

I am not anti-gun, but you have already established I am. So, no need to even argue with me anymore. Like attempting to talk gun control to a brick wall.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Isn't that why drones are supposed to be so good? It puts fewer soldiers out in the mess. Just fight wars with computers. Punch a few buttons and stay emotionally removed from it.

This makes me sad.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
And not even a week ago there was a mass truck attack in the states.

And people are snipping out 'gunz'.

People need to get the hell off it.

The number one killer in the US isn't mass shootings.

They are just OVER hyped, and OVER sensationalized.

Blood on my hands ?

Not as much blood as the state does that runs them to mexican drug cartels, and middle east dictators, and terrorists.

The anti's really do need to READ that GD piece of paper.

It's because of mass hysteria, and histronics it was written.

Just proof positive that if they can't get guns they'll simply use something else. No one decides to commit murder because they own a gun. And if you're hell bent on murder, you're not going to change your mind because you can't get a gun, you'll just use something else. It's a complete failure of logic to think stopping people from getting a gun will stop them from killing.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

No they are not.

Yet the numbers don't lie.

But if you don't like that analogy.

Cigarettes kill around 500 people yearly. It literally says on the box that smoking will kill you.

Do cigarette makers have blood on their hands?
edit on 6-11-2017 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

I see you've already established a them versus us mentality. If you can't set aside your arrogance then what's the point of even trying to come to a compromise?

I am not anti-gun, but you have already established I am. So, no need to even argue with me anymore. Like attempting to talk gun control to a brick wall.

"You guys" in the context of those of you who think this problem can be fixed by half-baked proposals that don't actually address the issue. Whether you're pro-gun or anti-gun doesn't really change that.

link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

still have to have ground pounders to actually secure the land, air power either drone or other wise can only suppress the enemy not take land.

link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Dumb question here but is mental health care free or paid for? sorry to bring the other thread to this one but I feel it is relavant.

Everything is always paid for...nothing is ever free.

But many, if not most, insurance plans cover mental health pretty well. If you're implying that cost may stop someone from seeking mental health, I would argue that the road block would be willingness to seek help way before cost becomes a factor.

I gussed you knew what I meant from other dissusions regarding cost.

what I meant was is the medication available easily for mental health issies in the US.

My partner suffers from trauma based psycological issues and on occasion needs medication. Without them she is a liability. Anxiety, paranoia, comes out with all kind of crazy stuff and at times is verging on being a danger to herself and others due to delusions.

As you know our national health service provides medication and support to everyone(I know we pay for it lets not go there).

As people are(possibly quite rightly) are saying that these mass shootings are due to mental health issues could it be a lack of availablity or affordability that allows these things to occour?

Genuine question as if its a health issue then that is what needs to be addresed and as many have said the gun ownership quiestion is irellavant.

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Isn't that why drones are supposed to be so good? It puts fewer soldiers out in the mess. Just fight wars with computers. Punch a few buttons and stay emotionally removed from it.

That becomes a BIG problem when you emotionally remove yourself from the realities
of war.You stop thinking of ways to end the wars and just keep pushing buttons.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Right...none of which cites "affordability" as the problem.

Thanks for the elaborated list...I just felt that the "stigma" portion of it was one of note, because I know that, in the military, where access to mental health is absolutely free, the stigma of going is the major factor in people opting out.

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

You were addicted to it and you are proud that it is still legal.

I never said that. I would appreciate it if you would stop putting words into my mouth.

Screww all those people that died, I guess?

More absolute nonsense. Again, trying to put words into my mouth.

Well, in response to millions dying per year worldwide, you tell us that they were successful for you... a single person.
You can't just sit people in a circle and talk about alcohol. You have to BAN it.

link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

There are gun control policies in America. What, in particular, would you see as being needed in addition to what is already there?

Beyond this, why are we talking about gun control when this turd kills people randomly, but not drivers license control when another turd runs a van into a crowd? WHy is one mode of murder more alarming than another?

The term "gun violence" is a propaganda term. It asks its user to ignore that violence is the issue by putting "gun" as a classifier. Pure propaganda.

A vans primary function is to transport goods.

A carving knife's primary function is to carve meat.

A hammers primary function is to knock in nails.

All of the above can and have been used to kill people.

What is the primary function of a hand gun?

These are some of the basic tools of the 3 idiots.Where are they
when you need them?

I think AM said they had to go out and buy a carpet and more duck tape.

link   

War and mass shootings by crazy people... Nothing much we can do about either. At least that's what I'm told.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Thats the exact reason I ended my conversation with him several pages back.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join