It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Advocates Have Blood on Their Hands

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
They should regulate gun manufacturing.

Although some will obviously slip through the cracks it will make common idiots like this guy in Texas extremely hard to obtain a gun. There is a problem, and no one seems to want to address it full on, whether it be the old "mental health" or people kill people, not guns, etc, etc. there must be a way for regulating guns more strictly.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

1.3 million people die in road crashes each year, average 3200 deaths a day. With an additional 20-50 million injured or disabled.

Does the auto industry have blood on it's hands as well?

Are cars specifically designed to kill and have no other purpose?

Pointless argument. What is it supposed to mean? Are lives taken by objects not designed to kill meaningless? If anything
it's a point against the gun control advocates that we kill more people with something not designed to kill (cars) than we do with something designed to kill (guns).

Also, guns do have other purposes, competition for example.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
They should regulate gun manufacturing.

Although some will obviously slip through the cracks it will make common idiots like this guy in Texas extremely hard to obtain a gun. There is a problem, and no one seems to want to address it full on, whether it be the old "mental health" or people kill people, not guns, etc, etc. there must be a way for regulating guns more strictly.

Regulating manufacturing won't make it harder for any specific group of people to get a gun. Where do you get that idea? Only changes to the background check system can prevent a certain class of people from obtaining a gun, whether it's mentally ill or certain criminals, etc. The background check system as it exists now is practically useless. Something like 90% of the denials are false-positives and after investigation those people do get approved for purchase.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Sigh........I'll try again.

originally posted by: stosh64

You keep ignoring this question.....

He broke the law obtaining this firearm

What NEW law is going to fix that?

Are you advocating the government go door to door and confiscate ALL firearms?

edit on 11 6 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Its not meant to stop bad guys from getting a gun, its meant to price it out of the average persons reach.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Its not meant to stop bad guys from getting a gun, its meant to price it out of the average persons reach.

Great point. Sadly they've already done this to the poor, who are actually the most vulnerable to crime and could most use a means to defend themselves.

link   

Another mass shooting.

Yes there was, and that is horrible. It is senseless.

Thank God someone was paying attention. It is being reported that a civilian who owned his own gun shot the asshole, and put a stop to his attack permanently. Not only did this regular citizen shoot the assailant; it is being reported that the citizen shot the attacker between his body armor. Were it not for the second amendment, and vigilant citizens this could have been much, much worse.

link   
Time to re open all eh mental health asylums. Think of the lives it would save and the jobs it would create.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Typical statist bollocks. Your daddy, the State, won’t always be around to protect you. You guys are neutered.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Pointless argument. What is it supposed to mean?

That cars aren't specifically designed to kill, whereas guns are and have no other purpose (despite your attempts to claim things like "competition")? Guns fire lead bullets, designed to penetrate and cause damage to living tissue. Cars are designed to transport people to and from destinations.

I brought it up because somebody else tried to compare the two.

edit on 6/11/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Pointless argument. What is it supposed to mean?

That cars aren't specifically designed to kill, whereas guns are and have no other purpose (despite your attempts to claim things like "competition")? Guns fire lead bullets, designed to penetrate and cause damage to living tissue. Cars are designed to transport people to and from destinations.

I brought it up because somebody else tried to compare the two.

Ok, so again what's your point? Is it ok if people are killed as long as they're killed by something not designed to kill? Is there even a logical point to what you said or did you just read it on Everytown and it sounded clever?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I mentioned manufacturing because what if the states bans all foreign firearms from being sold in the US, and only allows for domestic sales, where strict supervision of them being made, to when they leave, and maybe only certain government approved stores can sell fire arms.
Then yea, rework the background checks, and have proper sales of regulated fire arms.
The most used argument i hear is that people who follow the laws strictly get a bad rep because of people who murder, go on killing sprees, etc. it make sense. But if that were the case, then I am sure those people wouldn't be against more government control over the sales and manufacturing of weapons.
Bottom line is, something does need to be done, and it seems no-one is doing anything.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

So between doing real world stuff and having a number of threads that I am active in just now I am sorry I cannot get round every post addressed towards myself.

I think the biggest thing about preventing a individual acquiring a illegal firearm is firstly to limit the number of firearms in circulation. I also think that to a point its also the responsibility of society to report things, so this guy had pictures of his gun on Facebook, if individuals knew that he should not own a gun because of previous crimes then that should have been reported.

So there are a couple of points I would make on that.

I would also point out that I am talking not about this one incident but rather all mass shootings while in this instance the gun might have been illegal there have been others were it has been legally owned.

Finally I would also highlight that I am not saying that if you bring about harsher gun regulation that you will remove all gun crime. There are laws against drug taking, rape, murder and so on yet those crimes are still committed however that does not mean we should say we shouldn't have laws to govern them or that we should never tweak those laws as required.

And no I am not advocating the government banning all guns, I have said it countless times I think the Australian example is what I think should be followed.

I hope that addresses the question you have asked.
edit on 6-11-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Ok, so again what's your point? Is it ok if people are killed as long as they're killed by something not designed to kill? Is there even a logical point to what you said or did you just read it on Everytown and it sounded clever?

Sigh.

Clearly the point has sailed right over your head in a jet plane.

I have said what I came here to say, I'm not going to get bogged down in ridiculous arguments. Good day to you Sir.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

I mentioned manufacturing because what if the states bans all foreign firearms from being sold in the US, and only allows for domestic sales, where strict supervision of them being made, to when they leave, and maybe only certain government approved stores can sell fire arms.
Then yea, rework the background checks, and have proper sales of regulated fire arms.
The most used argument i hear is that people who follow the laws strictly get a bad rep because of people who murder, go on killing sprees, etc. it make sense. But if that were the case, then I am sure those people wouldn't be against more government control over the sales and manufacturing of weapons.
Bottom line is, something does need to be done, and it seems no-one is doing anything.

You would be mistaken. Most of us are against such restrictions specifically because we're law abiding citizens with a constitutional right that is already regulated and expensive enough. Making it more expensive and harder to get isn't gonna stop criminals. Most criminals don't obtain their guns by going into stores or gun shows. Shifting the sale point to a government controlled facility won't change that. All it will change is where us law abiding folks get our guns.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Time to re open all eh mental health asylums. Think of the lives it would save and the jobs it would create.

No just no.

Mental health in a mental health asylum is a bad idea for patients, its also a massive cost to tax payers.

Also as I have pointed out mental health is not the issue.

link   

Sigh.

Clearly the point has sailed right over your head in a jet plane.

I have said what I came here to say, I'm not going to get bogged down in ridiculous arguments. Good day to you Sir.

So you have no point. Got it. Sorry you thought something was clever but didn't think it through enough to realize it was actually pointless. Next time, don't just regurgitate talking points. Get educated on the issue.

link   

I suspect you know it and just like getting "them" to admit it, but I think it bears mentioning: it's not about new laws for people that push this line of "thought."

It's about waving a magic wand and punishing the overwhelming majority of a group of people because of the acts of a few, most of whom aren't even that group to begin with because their very act of being a part of that group is illegal from the start.

link   

There are gun control policies in America. What, in particular, would you see as being needed in addition to what is already there?

Beyond this, why are we talking about gun control when this turd kills people randomly, but not drivers license control when another turd runs a van into a crowd? WHy is one mode of murder more alarming than another?

The term "gun violence" is a propaganda term. It asks its user to ignore that violence is the issue by putting "gun" as a classifier. Pure propaganda.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

a reply to: SlapMonkey

Bravo. 5 stars and a crumb cake.

Dude, crumb cakes are effin' delicious!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join