It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Advocates Have Blood on Their Hands

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Another mass shooting.

And this is not going to be a popular thread……

So before anyone wants to post some knee jerk reaction this title please just read what I have to say.

So I have often said that the reason that Trump does what he does is because his base of support do not challenge him. If every time he says or tweets something stupid and his base of support rush to defend him he will keep doing it, even to the detriment of the nation. This is because there are two extremes, his opposition are pretty unlikely to support him no matter what and he knows this, trying to appease them is pretty pointless yet his supporters it seems will defend him no matter what. By extension then so long as Trump supporters continue to defend him they too are also partly to blame for the mess he is slowly creating.

This however is not another Trump thread.

I realised yesterday that this line of thinking applies to more than just trump supports and partisan politics. It could apply to political issues, second amendment advocacy for example.

The biggest obstacle to introducing gun control policies in America is a lack of political will and the force behind the big lobbies. If Trump and the Republicans were to turn around today and announce they were going introduce British or Australian gun laws it would be political suicide. The NRA has something like 5 million members (some estimate up to 14 million) so right away they have lost 5 million votes. That alone could be enough to have a huge impact in swing states however we know that there are many millions more in America who would also strongly oppose any such changes to gun laws. It would be political suicide so no politician is going to want to do it because doing so would be to sacrifice the power that comes with political office. Some would probably even take to actual violence in opposition to any changes in the law.

Let me say that I think its sickening that the politicians refuse to act out of this fear, they fear losing the support of the gun lobbies and they fear losing the votes that will see them maintain their position of power.

Yet if the people who are such strong advocates of gun rights were to revolt, if they were to say enough is enough and in enough numbers and demand sweeping changes to gun laws to try to stop all these senseless killings then things would change. It would give the politicians the political will to stand up to the gun lobbies and pass laws that would be the start of adopting more sensible gun laws.

The big problem then lies with those who refuse to challenge these gun laws for selfish reasons. After every mass shooting there is a plethora of individuals who rush to defend their guns and deflect away with other arguments about cars, knifes, mental illness and that I am British…..

The truth is that every time you defend your right to own a gun you are defending the rights of the shooter as well and as such I believe you have blood on your hands. So long as you continue to defend your precious second amendment you are defending the ability for these men to walk into a church or school and kill indiscriminately. If you would change your thinking, admit this is wrong and pressure your politicians to act to bring about stronger gun regulation and kick out the gun lobbies it would happen.

You have the power you just refuse to use it.

It coms down to that old quote

“The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing”

That is what is happening right now you are all sitting back doing nothing, preventing change and the result is a mass shooting almost every day.

You second amendment advocates have blood on your hands.
edit on 6-11-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+120 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What a joke.

I'm pro 2nd and I will sleep just fine tonight.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

What a joke.

I'm pro 2nd and I will sleep just fine tonight.

Yup and thats exactly the kind of views I am talking about.

Your inability to see past your own selfish desire to own a gun means that nothing will change, these mass shootings will just continue.

Is your "right" to own a gun really so important that you would defend it over preventing a man with a gun walking into a school and killing kids?

(post by RoadCourse removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoadCourse
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Then read the OP.

Try to understand the point I am making.

So before anyone wants to post some knee jerk reaction this title please just read what I have to say.

I mean it is the third line....

edit on Mon Nov 6 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+95 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

What about truck owners? Are they responsible for the events in NYC, Nice and the UK?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

What about truck owners? Are they responsible for the events in NYC, Nice and the UK?

Apples and oranges this is about and the second amendment.

Its not about Trucks, knifes or the UK its about the Second amendment

+41 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I need not. I gave you the attention you deserve.

+58 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

You going to provide free security for my property and protect my livestock when the coyotes and wild pigs come around or how about when the rattlesnakes come for my chickens?

+27 more 
link   

Then start proceedings for a Constitution Convection already ...

otherwise STFU.

No part of the Government can do squat without We The People voting on the subject.

Please stop moaning until you do this.

P

+47 more 
link   

If they couldn't use a gun, they would use IEDs, vehicles, poison, airplanes, knives....

People intent on mass killings will find a way.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

You going to provide free security for my property and protect my livestock when the coyotes and wild pigs come around or how about when the rattlesnakes come for my chickens?

I never said anything about all out bans on guns.

Farmers in Auz cope fine, in the UK most of them own guns anyway.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

If they couldn't use a gun, they would use IEDs, vehicles, poison, airplanes, knives....

People intent on mass killings will find a way.

If there were true then why is it not happening on the same scale in Europe, Canada or Australia?

Sure I 100% get what you're saying and its a good point but its not applicable to every case of mass shooting in America.

+22 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I need my different types of tools for the right job, one gun is not going to fly.

+40 more 
link   
Apples or oranges because you say so. I own a gun, knife, and a trucka reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

. The actions of some sick azzh@le has nothing to do with me. Boy you really stretch to make your same old point, carry on!

+15 more 
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: JinMI

Apples and oranges this is about and the second amendment.

Its not about Trucks, knifes or the UK its about the Second amendment

Yea, yea. Same crap from shallow minds.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I need my different types of tools for the right job, one gun is not going to fly.

Fair enough.

Like I said however I am not talking about banning guns.

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   
It coms down to that old quote

“The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing”

Couldn't agree more......

And law abiding, 2nd Amendment , experienced gun owning, ARMED GOOD MEN(and WOMEN) will not allow evil to triumph. A good example would be the citizen in Texas that was able to prevent ADDITIONAL deaths from happening.

I read through the entire Texas shooting thread in one sitting, all 900+ replies. I'm well aware of the argument you have made among those replies. I respect your opinion on the gun issue, but here in the US guns are going nowhere anytime soon until the PEOPLE PROBLEM is fixed first. People kill people, people using guns kill people, take the guns away and people will still kill people. Fix people, and guns will not even be an issue anymore.

+29 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Second amendment defenders DON'T have blood on their hands, the person who used the weapon for illegal purposes has blood on their hands.

Secondly you can't legislate "aberrant behavior" because sociopathic and psychopathic behaviors are still unpredictable.
While the majority of gun owners are responsible, some are not and that again is personal behavior that can't be legislated against overall.

While decrying gun violence in the US, how about we talk about what happens when guns for the most part are removed?
Like the spate and increase of Acid being used in personal attacks in the UK? Then there's the repeated "glassing" incidents? Random violence looks to be on the upswing with people being tossed from rail station platforms, stabbings and on an on.

ALL are horrific and no gun was used.

I think if you look at the number of gun owners in the US, versus the crime statistics you'll find it's much lower than you think. Again, you CAN'T legislate aberrant behavior, guns are here to stay for very legitimate reasons.

+34 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Two things have come out already. Discharged from the Air Force for domestic abuse. That is two disqualifies to legal gun ownership.

Second, it would seem that a civilian intrupted his shoot by firing on him.

Seems the Second is not the problem here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join