It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump supporters are playing the dangerous game after Texas attack, saying shooter is Antifa

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

More then likely this is a story made up by the MSM as usual trying to incite trouble,thats what they are good at,have no answers just point fingers

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacquesdarippa
Trump supporters are playing the dangerous game after Texas attack, saying shooter is Antifa

After the Texas shooting right wing trolls are spreading a fake story that the Killer is an Antifa activist. right wingers on social media and Alt-Right publications quickly began manipulating images and creating fake profiles in order to fit the attack into their worldview They painted him as a person who is connected to Muslims, democrats and Antifa.

But its not clear whether Kelly is a muslim or democrat, what we know so far is that this lunatic has killed 26 people and his actions should be condemned as evil and inexcusable regardless — but the right-wing fake news machine kicked into high gear moments after the news broke.

They are at it again, spreading fake news and false narratives. Pretty sure Trump will read something about this and spread it. Fake News is their bread and butter and they only scream fake news when they cannot dispute a factual story.

A lot of Trump supporters are significantly cognitively impaired.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

I can say the same for Hillary’s supporters. But dumb people exists on both sides ... what is your point?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Yeah, it's pretty terrifying the way some Trump supporters and far-right agitators are trying to start this rumour.

It must be resisted at all costs. This is the far-right trying to start a civil war. By claiming 'well the other side started it first!'

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow
a reply to: jacquesdarippa

The scum bag shooter does look like a poster child for Antifa.... and he was wearing black too.

Most likely Antifa or a brained washed liberal.

You know, you read a lot of stupid things on ATS. That's just par for the course.

But this comment right here? Is probably one of the most egregiously stupid and ugly comments I've read yet.

What does 'he looks like Antifa' even mean? How does somebody 'look like' anything? How are so many other people so stupid to have starred that?

This comment, and the fact people have starred it, just proves how deluded people are, and demonstrates precisely why the alt-right media manipulation and propaganda machine is working so well.

The worrying question becomes what can we do about it though? How do you get through to somebody who thinks a mass shooter must be a liberal because they 'look like a brain washed liberal'?

It's so stupid, and so ugly, that one really does wonder if the Russian Troll Farm is active on ATS, spreading this nonsense, for the gullible and foolish to star and agree with because that's easier than having to actually think about what happened.

Either way, I despair.

Keep it classy ATS. Keep it classy.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Have you forgotten about all the violent ANTIFA riots and the fact a Bernie supporters opened up on a group of Republicans?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Spreading fake news is what they are good at.

LOL, until this thread, I had not heard of this narrative, who is spreading this again? Who made the thread?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Yeah, the most starred post in this thread pretty much tells you ATS is toast. By a looonnng shot. Denial and circle jerking galore.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

The scum bag shooter does look like a poster child for Antifa.... and he was wearing black too.

You know, you read a lot of stupid things on ATS. That's just par for the course.

But this comment right here? Is probably one of the most egregiously stupid and ugly comments I've read yet.

What does 'he looks like Antifa' even mean? How does somebody 'look like' anything? How are so many other people so stupid to have starred that?

This comment, and the fact people have starred it, just proves how deluded people are, and demonstrates precisely why the alt-right media manipulation and propaganda machine is working so well.

The worrying question becomes what can we do about it though? How do you get through to somebody who thinks a mass shooter must be a liberal because they 'look like a brain washed liberal'?

It's so stupid, and so ugly, that one really does wonder if the Russian Troll Farm is active on ATS, spreading this nonsense, for the gullible and foolish to star and agree with because that's easier than having to actually think about what happened.

Either way, I despair.

Keep it classy ATS. Keep it classy.

Right or wrong, I can see how people would make the connection to antifa, though. When I saw his picture, the first words that popped in my head were "Candy-ass". I'm pretty sure that's one of the main entrance requirements for antifa. At least from what I've seen of them so far.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Are you really just going to turn a blind eye to what has been happening for months? For a while the Alt-Right has been creating fake Antifa accounts and posting terrible things. They then link these fake accounts on Alt-Right sites to get people worked up.

Just this past week Right Wing media created a false narrative that Antifa was going to start a civil war on Saturday. When nothing happened those same outlets declared victory.

There is a group on the Right that is clearly doing everything in their power to discredit Antifa. Now what kind of person would have reason to create fabrications in order to disparage a group whose name literally means anti-fascist?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

everyone who starred that should get a weeklong ban and only one scoop of ice cream with supper...

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I liken all of this to a room full of doctors offering a diagnosis and treatment to a patient they haven't even seen yet.

We're still collecting facts and data.

Some of it will be wrong, some of it will be right.

But before we can debate any type of solution, we have to first figure out what the actual problem is.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Oldtimer2

"There is a group on the Right that is clearly doing everything in their power to discredit Antifa. Now what kind of person would have reason to create fabrications in order to disparage a group whose name literally means anti-fascist?

Reallllly? What about that full page ad in The New York Post advertising the "Refuse Fascism" rallies? And their name? Antifa?? A main part of Fascism is suppressing free speech. That is what Antifa has spent all of their time doing lately. They are the blind ones not seeing that they are in fact fascist by definition. And I had not even heard of this op's content until an anti-President Trump person put it out there!

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

So now advertising non-violent rallies is the same thing as calling for a bloody civil war? Right Wing media created their own bogeyman with that one and their followers bought in to it.

And just because you haven't seen what's being talked about in the OP doesn't mean that everyone hasn't. Just look at the main thread on this event. We're got a number our members in there accruing like it's a foregone conclusion that this guy was Antifa. Where do you think they got that idea from?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

He also looked like a poster child for KKK... skin all white and exposed like he's shoving it down our throats.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
WEll again the MODS will have to watch this one closely as the children in here are using discussion time as jab time. Let's gather the facts please and discuss in a civil manner before using this thread as a platform for hate and divisiveness.

My deepest condolences to the small Texas town and all who are and will continue to be affected by this heinous crime.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

Actually, the mods are. This ''he is antifa'' popped up on ATS last night sometime. The poster used the same old ''here it is'', I don't know if it is true or not but if it is'' kind of approach.

It got only a couple of replies, the first of which was member ''Grambler'' who is well known to support many conservative stances on this site. His reply was to quickly question the validity of that meme being spread on the internet. Good on ya Grambler.

By the time my reply was ready to post, the thread was gone. Not stopped for staff evaluation and not tossed in the hoax bin but just disappeared. MY wondering at the time was, why not toss it into the hoax bin where it could be discussed as a hoax rather than disappearing it

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I bet that "ANTIFA" story was planted by Left Wing Democrat operatives and trolls.

Par for their agenda.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Why Trump supporters? You see, you are creating the divide that the shooter held onto it seems. 4Chan and other sites are NOT Trump supporting/endorsed sites. They are sites that are used to heavily troll someone.

However, what is wrong with saying he was an AntiFa supporter? It is a suggestion? No one knows right now.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

OMG. The original Antifa dude exposed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join