It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Chelsea Handler A Complete Moron For Saying This About The Texas Church Shooting?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: mOjOm

So explain to me how the Texas shooting is the Republicans 'fault' ?

Like Handler accused them of.

Because Republicans have blocked all efforts to introduce gun control that might stop mentally unwell violent people like, for example, somebody dishonourably discharged from the army with a criminal record of spousal abuse, from owning assault weapons?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

Because Republicans have blocked all efforts to introduce gun control that might stop mentally unwell violent people like, for example, somebody dishonourably discharged from the army with a criminal record of spousal abuse, from owning assault weapons?

This is false. Last year Republicans introduced a bill to close up some of the loopholes in the background check system that mentally ill people can slip through. Democrats filibustered it. Republicans blocked the Democrat bill because they said it went too far. You can debate that all day, but whether it did or didn't, once that was blocked why wouldn't you at least approve the Republican bill? Even if it "didn't go far enough" it's still an improvement. Democrats blocked it because they were throwing a hissy fit their bill didn't get passed. They obviously didn't care about the whole "if it saves one life" argument in that case.

Please get educated on the issue. You've been sold nonsense talking points. The issue is much more complex than the DNC or Mother Jones makes it sound.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

How exactly were gun laws going to stop this mentally ill person from illegally getting this firearm? Go ahead and feel free to explain that.

I realize things like that wouldnt happen in a perfect world of gun control and unicorns, but psychos who want to kill people dont give a damn about your politics or legislation or laws.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Is Handler is an Atheist too?

Because blaming Atheists for this tragedy makes as much sense as blaming Republicans.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The President and most powerful person in our country posts an inappropriate tweet, and the general reaction from some is "big deal its just a tweet". A comedian with no real power at all posts a tweet, and the reaction is "Oh my God, this outrageous!".

Hmmm, just noting the irony.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
The President and most powerful person in our country posts an inappropriate tweet, and the general reaction from some is "big deal its just a tweet". A comedian with no real power at all posts a tweet, and the reaction is "Oh my God, this outrageous!".

I don't fall into either of those camps. I'm just exercising my 1st amendment right to call her a moron for how she exercises her 1st amendment right. I love freedom.

Sadly though, this idiot does have some power. There are people out there who idolize her.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

And there are people out there who idolize Trump and that scares me
edit on 6-11-2017 by kaylaluv because: Phone issues

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Fair enough.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

There is another thread on ATS that is talking about how Republican social media is trying to tie the shooter to Antifa, Democrats, and Muslims without evidence

So effing what?

For the last year Republican haters been trying to blame Russia for losing the last election.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I agree with this

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

That is an outright lie, and clearly spelled out in the Gun Control Act of 1968, and the Brady Handgun Prevention Act of the 90s.

That parrot the SAME exact words.

It's also spelled out in ATF Form 4473.

Republicans haven't blocked a GD thing.

It's been LAW for over 50 YEARS.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

This thread is about one woman blaming a political party for a shooting and how triggering it is to a lot of you. Yet, on this same forum, members are casually blaming liberals for the shooting and getting starred for it.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

a reply to: Painterz

That is an outright lie, and clearly spelled out in the Gun Control Act of 1968, and the Brady Handgun Prevention Act of the 90s.

That parrot the SAME exact words.

It's also spelled out in ATF Form 4473.

Republicans haven't blocked a GD thing.

It's been LAW for over 50 YEARS.

You can't expect them to be informed on this issue. All their talking points get debunked if they actually educate themselves.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Yes , she is a complete moron for stating that ... but considering she is a moron anyways.. not a huge stretch for her.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

So? Need a safe place to whine? Liberals have been triggered at just about everything ( even cotton!) since Trump got elected president. Ever notice how much coverage president Trump's tweets get on the Liberal news media? I've yet to see a bunch of Conservatives violently protesting in the streets with their faces covered and dressed like thugs. Nor have I seen Conservatives try to block guests from giving a speech at a university. Liberals have been whining and acting like babies for nearly a year, both on the street AND in the media, so EXCUSE me if I started a thread about a moron who made a moronic tweet and showing proof that she's a hypocrite. You don't like Conservatives discussing issues on this thread?....then ignore this thread.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Why does anybody care what a comedian says? Republicans are always saying liberals are triggered, yet they get triggered over the most insignificant crap. I think her point was that the gun laws in Texas are so lax, that it might have been prevented had that not been the case. Who was it that lifted the assault weapon ban and constantly fights against regulating guns? The republicans. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to make that connection.
edit on 11 6 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Netflix ended her show because a washed up old whore isn't trending in 2017 and so now she can run her mouth on Twitter and call it activism

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Chelsea Handler would be famous, if she could invent beer goggles that would make an Alpha male want to go home with her at Last Call!

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The sad fact of the matter is that, "We are all morons in one way or another." But, "The Bell tolls for all, and, time will continue to march on regardless of this big dirt ball full of the idiots that we all are."

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Hard to believe how quickly the democrats have become the face of hate and intolerance. Before Obama, the democrats I knew were pretty kind people, compared to the Bush republicans....now the table has definitely turned with nutjobs like Handler being the nastiest bullies around.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join