It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Google Sky Map the only app that shows the eclipse that occured Atlanta 8-7-17 9:15PM EST?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: apdjbs1

Have you forgot you are on a globe guess what SOUTH of the equtor the Moon is reversed what we see as the bottom is the top SOUTH of the equator

From your link re Bahia Salvador 17:32 local time

Maximal Eclipse visible in Salvador The maximum part of the eclipse occurs when the Moon is close under the horizon. The best time to view the eclipse in Salvador would be around this time.
Since the Moon is near the horizon at this time, we recommend going to a high point or finding an unobstructed area with free sight to East-southeast for the best view of the eclipse.

Look at the graphic a small area of the sun in shadow.

Also at 17:50 local time

Penumbral Eclipse ends The Earth's penumbra ends.
Moon close to horizon, so make sure you have free sight to East-southeast.

Important parts underlined then they might sink in

Scroll down to who could see the eclipse and run the animation on this link.

Eclipse

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Have you forgot you are on a globe guess what SOUTH of the equtor the Moon is reversed what we see as the bottom is the top SOUTH of the equator

True.

The example I gave in my post was that a point in Brazil (say Salvador) is at about 13 degrees south latitude. Italy (say Rome) is at about 42 degrees North latitude. That's a difference of about 55 degrees, which would result in the Moon appearing to be rotated about 55 degrees as seen from Salvador as compared to Rome.

Here are visualizations of how the eclipse looked from both of those places. Comparing one to the other shows this "rotated effect" when comparing views of the Moon from widely different latitudes:

August 7, 2017 eclipse as seen from Rome, Italy:
www.timeanddate.com...

August 7, 2017 eclipse as seen from Salvador, Brasil:
www.timeanddate.com...

edit on 16/11/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
"I don't understand the issue here. I think Salvador still qualifies as "Eastern Brazil". "

LOL! Now you're saying that you don't see an issue with the showing of a greater eclipse occurring just slightly West of easternmost edge of Brazil. So as long as its still "technically" 'EAST' Brazil no harm done in showing a substantially greater eclipse. Maybe you just didn't click both my links. Certainly you don't believe that the eclipse grew in size further west?

That's even worse than what you keep repeating about how it has to be a perfect technical full moon moment to have an eclipse. Regardless of anything else, we saw it, and Google Sky Map confirms it. I don't know if the dorking around with the time zones is how they pulled this off or simply cutting out of the list all eclipses that occur more than 7 hrs after the perfect technical Full Moons. Perhaps it was a couple of tricks such as how they got the speed of light and lucky pi as the Great Pyramid coordinates. Yes they changed definition of meter and rearranged things to get it at the point.

I figured MANY things out the hard way, and I don't easily get distracted with all the papering over on things here nor elsewhere.

One way to check if there is something tricky going on is to evaluate multiple sources. Such as if other sources appear to oddly kink the ecliptic line or make the moon so small it misses all but the most perfect eclipses. Or in the case of the pyramid coordinates, check Google vs Microsoft.

Heh...yeah, I found everything by connecting the dots of the holy grail of a trail (yeah that trail indicates 2 more tunnels under the pyramid btw) and believe it or not I've recently discovered an ancient indian ceremonial ground that people have missed for untold number of years. This all within weeks of lunar eclipse. 42 hidden things I've since discovered in plain sight. Was I abducted by aliens on August 7th? I don't feel that special. Maybe I just decided to open my eyes. Honestly, this is getting tiring, and I know history is not kind to those that rock the argha Noa. I'm fairly certain it was the last eclipse that could be cloaked.
Btw- looking at your last two links, specifically the last few seconds of each, you can see the shadow falling on different areas. It wasn't a simple rotation of view. I don't know what to make of that, but perhaps someone else can stand on this step of facts and see even further.

Or, mods, just delete the thread.

edit on 16-11-2017 by apdjbs1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

You are making this much more difficult than it needs to be.

The question is simple:

Please show me your reasons for your belief that the eclipse of August 7, 2017 should have been visible from Atlanta at 9:15 PM (Atlanta time) even though for the rest of the world (who could see it), the Eclipse had begun more that 9 hours earlier, and had finished more than 4 hours earlier.

Like I said, the criteria you gave for when an eclipse SHOULD occur were correct -- i.e., a Full Moon (or very close to full Moon) that crosses the ecliptic. However, the Moon was too far past full at 9:15 PM, so that does not fit your criteria.

Please show how an eclipse could be seen 7 hours after full moon phase (or how it could last 9+ hours).

It seems your evidence is this:

1. "we saw it" and
2. "Google Sky shows the ecliptic clipping the Full Moon".

If you think you saw the eclipsed Moon from Atlanta at 9:15 PM, you most likely saw a cloud coveringthe Moon and mistook it for an eclipse. And as I said above, Google sky may show the ecliptic crossing the Moon at 9:15 PM, but the Moon was too far past full to create an eclipse.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
By the way, this would be easier if you could post screen shots from your Google Sky App so we can all discuss what Google sky is showing. I'm sure there is a relatively simple way to make screen shots, and the get those screen shots from your phone and to your computer (or whatever you use to interface with ATS).

To get images into your posts, you need to first put them in your image library on ATS (you have one, but you may not realize you do). Here's how to access that imgae library:

Click on the little down arrow at the top right of the page. That will open your toolbar (red arrows added by me):

click "upload" on the toolbar:

That will take you too your image upload page. From here you can add images to your library. Once an image is added, you can click on that image and it will display the bb codes necessary to add the image to your post.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

That's almost actually clever.

Ignore that your web source shows the eclipse oddly getting bigger as it went westward. I provided the specific links earlier but you ignored, and ignored it again with your last reply. I make no claims of your sources accuracy, and will not defend it.

Just like if I see a duck and only Google shows image as a duck, well, that's the source I'll trust in that instance.
Especially if I see Stellarium with a distorted image of a duck, I mean, kink in the ecliptical; then I'm going to be all the more suspicious.

One day we will all have software that can easily demonstrate the crescent horns up/down rotation as well as ecliptical algorithms in all our astronomical apps. Not the filtered down (and yet still unnecessarily unwieldy) stuff we currently have. That day will likely be here in 2018. Perhaps this thread will still be fresh enough to come back to. But nobody will care will they.

You also keep talking about "how it could last 9+ hours" but I don't care to go figure out how it was seen in Australia and 12 hours later in Brazil, but maybe someone else will.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Thanks for the info on uploading pics.
Google Sky: (note date/time at top left)(horizon is orange line)(ecliptical cuts moon)

Stellarium: (kinked ecliptical line)

Google Sky:

Just for fun...
SOHO satellite imagery looking at sun: (I discovered object at right edge.. Note how it moves between the next two pics) (Jupiter and Mercury on left)

Also strange explosion I captured here: (right side)

Anyhow, no way for me to prove those anymore, but there you have it.

Extra details and pics not to be a distraction, but just showing somehow I've been astronomically lucky lately. I've looked at all the right places at all the right times. This is just the tip of a great pyramid of discoveries. I don't know how to explain it, as these were not my typical subjects of interests, but yet...well, I need to get back out there digging up some artifacts.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Btw, Capricornus has an interesting background. Funny how people can think you're a prophet when you can predict storms or hurricanes. Boat indeed.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Your having a
aren't you that little kink could be a simple software/phone screen issue as for you SOHO comments I suggest you look at other threads on here before jumping to conclusions.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

The kink may have a natural purpose I don't know. Soy gave picture in one of his first responses demonstrating how he had to scale up the moon in Stellarium by a factor of 4 to barely see eclipse. However, I'm just not that interested in the conspiracy part. I just wanted to see which software was accurate other than Google Sky and the ancient Antikythera mechanism (ok maybe that's hardware, but it beautifully showed rotation of moon's crescents which no public app does in 2017).

There are people that can better articulate all of this, but maybe this at least gives them a boost on getting it all together.
Most likely nobody else will even make it this far down this long and winding thread.

Btw- don't waste your time looking for an app that will show the "wet" moon. There's not an app for that. I say go ahead and make it and perhaps you'll get a big payout to delete it.
Some may say "who cares about the moon", and they are ignorant of culure, history, and astronomy in general.
The market is there.

Disclaimer:
I begged the mods to delete the thread throughout my posts, but it appears (through inaction) they believe this is more valuable to be perpetually displayed to the world against my wishes.

edit on 17-11-2017 by apdjbs1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
If anyone is still following this please see the latest here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: apdjbs1
Sigh... I guess this is how they knew they could get away with it.

Nobody is willing to take the effort to plug in my numbers into Google Sky Map and take a close look at the ecliptical line significantly cutting into the moon.
For an eclipse or partial eclipse to occur: it has to be a full moon phase (check, it was), and has to be above horizon (check, it was), and moon has to be cut by ecliptical (check, it was). The sun was exactly in line with the Earth/Moon as was also demonstrated by the eclipse seen on other side of Earth and remained as such as the Earth quickly rotates on axis and just a few hours later we (Atlanta anyway) saw the eclipse in reverse, with horns up rather than horns down.

It's complicated to us non-astronomers to figure out or explain. It happened and multiple people saw it when the high altitude clouds briefly moved. We discussed it in text message which is why I remember exact time. When it occurred I didn't realize we weren't suppose to see it. Long time later I see it was suppose to be a full moon that night and I got suspicious, and now here I am. It's impossible to discuss on internet I guess, but one day someone will figure this out.

Get away with what? Hey,you are the one who decided it was more beneficial for you to not post any images.But for what its worth, I saw your newest thread and I'm interested to find out more, thats why im here looking through your old threads. Man I hope this is really "it".

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470
No, no, no. Nowhere did I decide to withold images. I can't claim you decided not to post images of what I saw. It would sound just as ridiculous, and your images would be met with equal skepticism.

Also, I had written the post you're quoting back when I was certain there was a flaw in the data and that it was likely being concealed for some reason. Later it seems to be the case that the data can't be wrong, but rather incomplete, and that led me to the starting the next thread as you've read here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 7-2-2018 by apdjbs1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join