It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground Communities

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
moe

posted on Dec, 9 2002 @ 04:30 PM
link   
mabe its hussen building w.o.m.d!
and if unless tv is lying to me, hes up in heaven building them with the mormons!(thanks to the informative tv show south park).
maybe we should nuke utah.hmmmm.
all in favor?
you have my "aye"!

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 04:20 AM
link   
The whole thing was a practical joke played by a foreigner who wanted to see how fanatical the american christians were and whether or not they fall for it. he left many places where his story could have been proven false. but the americans fell for it hook line and sinker.

XAOS

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I think living like a Dwarf is true perfection, I wish there were dwarves
I wish I was a dwarf, and would have a natural life span of 1000 years
No no...10,000 years!!!

Really though, living underground would be great, because then the earth would stay a vast and uncharted wilderness, that when you surface, you can truly enjoy...

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Um, this is strange, when i heard this years ago, they said somewere in the mideast or eastern europe. Am i missing something? Anyway, i was freaked out to, but your that deep, you hear different things. Crying, screaming, people's footsteps around the world. They might have put that into sound somehow, oh well. There goes my crappy explanation. And besides sound can be converted through different materials right? There is stone/marble/granite etc below the earth.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WRabbit
The story's been debunked.

www.truthorfiction.com...

Well that link has been overloaded, but I don't think it has been debunked. Maybe its been debunked that it is really hell, but the sound was recorded by miners and it was in the newspapers. They said so on Coast to Coast.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
If I remember my *original* scriptures correctly, there was no place created that fits the modern concept as Hell. The original Hebrew writings called it Sheol, & it meant nothing more than the "realm of the dead", or more litterally, "grave". According to those original Hebrew scriptures, *everyone* who dies goes to Sheol...Not as a punishment, because that's not what Sheol was made for...And spends some time (literally translated, "an age") as a bit of a rest from earthly cares before going to Heaven; Remember, these scriptures were written for *before* the time of Christ.

It was the Greeks who brought the beginnings of the modern concept of Hell into the original Herbrew religion by inserting Hel, the Norse version of the "underworld". The Norse version was where everyone went upon death also, with different areas being reserved for reward or punishment...After some time, Hel became a punishment only, because they came up with Valhalla for the valiant warriors to go for reward.

As the Christian Heirarchy in the Catholic Church inserted their own ideas about Hell, that's where the modern concept sits.

So literally, that recording could not have been Hell...And according to the actual *modern* scripture, Hell isn't supposed to last for eternity & no one *in it* is going to be there for an eternity of punishment either. Punishment in Hell is only for a set amount of time, until the punishment has fit the original sin...The *sins* will be what's "burnt up", then the soul will be rescued by God & reach Heaven. Mainly because a *just* & *merciful* God wouldn't make a murderer who died a thousand years ago suffer for an extra thousand years than a murderer who only died yesterday...Equal punishment for equal crime is what God's justice is.

Once all of humanity has either accepted Christ as their savior or recieved their "appointed sentence" in Hell, then Hell itself will be disolved.

Whether or not it's what most pastors actually *preach* is another matter...They don't all share *equal knowledge* or teachings on the subject.

Whoever believes that it *is* a recording of Hell doesn't know their scriptures very well. Whatever they recorded, it's either been modified or misinterpreted according to their own beliefs.

Here's a source that contains a lot of different links to info concerning Hell:
what-the-hell-is-hell.com...

As a matter of fact, here's a link that traces down the *origin* of that story:
ship-of-fools.com...

It all depends on how you precive Heaven & hell really.

I look at them not as supernatural places, but as physical places that are part of the Multiverse.

It has alreay been widely accepted in the scientific community that dimensions do possibly exist. So whos to say that Heaven & hell are not just part of this & that there are gateways here & there in all these dimensions that allowe travel between them.

If you look at it logically the existance of these places is quite possible & if this is the case, wouldn't it be possible to say, accidently burrow through a gateway & get a recording of those within.

Bible & Old testiment aside, those are just books, written by men so primitive that their perceptions of these places are hightened by their lack of understanding of such things, so put into words that make a simple truth into a legend of great proportions.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
OMG. That is so creepy!

well i don think its hell, but if it was, i think its were some peoples soul goes. but not with any of that satan noncense!

[edit on 6-12-2007 by dalekblaster]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I know that this thread has been pretty much abandoned, but I would still like to voice my opinion on this topic even if no one will ever read it. I think that Anne Rice had it pretty close to perfect in her book "Memnoch the Devil." The place that we now know as "Hell" was originally named "Sheol" and it was a place for souls who didn't understand the tragedy and sadness of their lives. There is no such thing as evil except for what we make of it in our minds. Memnoch--the devil--was not some evil angel who wanted to take the reigns from God, but he was the only one who saw the beauty in humans when even God didn't. It was because of Memnoch that we got a place in Heaven, and what do we do in return? We damn him every time something goes wrong in our lives and blame him for every bad thought or action that we commit instead of taking responsibility for ourselves.

If anyone does read this, well then I hope that it brings you enlightenment, or at least leads you to question what you think you already know.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
ummm i would have to say no on this one since the cost of drilling a hole and dumping people in there is just cost prohibitive.

not to mention this was debunked on the smoking gun. this site is reliable since it supports america and patriotism unlike other liberal sites that are destroying the foundation of freedom by letting posters say whatever they like without consideration of maintaining a dialog that is relevant on the grounds of liberty and justice.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join