It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Church Shooting : Thread

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
1 in 4 people will suffer some kind of mental illness at one point in their life time.

Mental illness is a global problem.

In the UK and many other countries there are lots of people who are living with mental illness, yet we have not reached a stage where mass shootings or killings are just a normal part of our daily lives.

When you try to make this about mental health you do two things, firstly, you are excusing the real problem, lack of gun regulations and secondly you are only compounding the stigma attached to mental health.

The problem is your dam guns.

Not mental illness.

In the UK, you treat mental illness. In the US, even most health care plans don't treat it.

I'm getting really damn close to believing there's something in the water in the US that's dumbing us down, and making us more likely to do these things.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Since we all suffer depression or something else they should ban guns for us.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: proximo

What you are doing is trying to drag me down to your level to argue...not gonna happen.

In this instance an armed citizen is what stopped the shooting.

That's not the point though is it. The member I replied to was calling another member an idiot for pointing out more guns is not the solution stopping nutjobs from mass murder.

and overreacting and stripping guns from everyone is also not the answer.

You post this rubbish to me, then tell me to settle the drama down. so I ask again where did I say anything about taking guns away....

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

For sure.

Then they can ban their speech,their voting, and their drivers licenses, and their Harbor Freight tool purchases, and other hardware stores.
edit on 5-11-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Where did I say you did in my response. Your name was not used, so again stop with the drama.
edit on 5-11-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Supposedly Tony Podesta was arrested. I am curious if this might be a distraction to bump it out of the news.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
As far as a "pill for everything" goes. Thank God. I see what they do everyday. Plus how many of you would be dead in a month if not for "pills"? From heart attack and stroke from hypertension, diabetes, liver disease, depression and suicide, metabolic and endocrine disorders, and on and on. And on and on. Be glad we have pills.

Not to derail, but I refused to take pills for cholesterol, depression and so on...there are natural ways to work through those problems...easily researched.

As far as the shooting goes...we don't know what his motivation is or what caused him to do this. It's a senseless tragedy and I'm sick of reading about these types of things weekly.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

For sure.

Then they can ban their speech,their voting, and their drivers licenses, and their Harbor Freight tool purchases, and other hardware stores.

Wait a minute. Am I agreeing with you?
Running and screaming away.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

a reply to: proximo

Well I guess yall are 4 years too late with the same crap arguement.

www.military.com...

Definitely after my time. I entered service in 2012. I had the informal questionnaire and the obligatory "do you want to hurt yourself or others?" line.

I don't see how that kind of screening can be effective to begin with.

People do lie, and any system can be gamed.

Obviously it isn't. Anyone intent on doing themselves or others harm do exhibit signs, but unless you're going to have everyone followed by a psychoanalyst, even a more comprehensive interview wouldn't have much of an effect save for cases where obvious mental illness can be observed.

link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

1 in 4 people will suffer some kind of mental illness at one point in their life time.

In the UK and many other countries there are lots of people who are living with mental illness, yet we have not reached a stage where mass shootings or killings are just a normal part of our daily lives.

When you try to make this about mental health you do two things, firstly, you are excusing the real problem, lack of gun regulations and secondly you are only compounding the stigma attached to mental health.

Not mental illness.

In the UK, you treat mental illness. In the US, even most health care plans don't treat it.

I'm getting really damn close to believing there's something in the water in the US that's dumbing us down, and making us more likely to do these things.

USA has the highest number of psychiatrists per capita and is the largest consumer of psychiatric drugs in the world.

link   

For sure.

Wait a minute. Am I agreeing with you?
Running and screaming away.

Don't agree with sarcasm.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Not mental illness.

USA has the highest number of psychiatrists per capita and is the largest consumer of psychiatric drugs in the world.

Yes!

Big pharma wins again.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

and after working for 6 years in a level 1 trauma facility I can say you are wrong and that mental health issues are treated and it is covered.
edit on 5-11-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
From Twitter

Very interesting

Good guy with a gun Twitter
who stop him
edit on 5-11-2017 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Not mental illness.

Yes!

Big pharma wins again.

YES!

Big pharma + NRA/guns..

What could possibly go wrong?

link   

originally posted by: Trillium
From Twitter

Very interesting

Maybe CNN triggered him?

link   

originally posted by: Trillium
From Twitter

Very interesting

That image has been repeated over and over again with no proof.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Trillium

he has no ears........
edit on 5-11-2017 by minniesoda because: :p

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Supposedly Tony Podesta was arrested. I am curious if this might be a distraction to bump it out of the news.

I think that was shown to be a hoax.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join