It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Church Shooting : Thread

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: roadgravel
News conference said a citizen engaged him with gun fire which cause him to drop his rifle.

And? He shot mostly all the people in the church first. Are you suggesting gun laws are working? Because honestly, after a multitude of incidents where someone goes nuts with their ridiculous gun collection, citizens with guns are not the solution. Growing tired of the "Omg lol someone had a gun and stopped something!" posts. Brave fellow.. ok, sure.. didn't stop the tragedy, didn't stop the deaths, people having guns haven't actually stopped a single shooting tragedy. NONE... zero.

Ok stupid, how do gunman get stopped. Someone -usually a cop - shows up and shoots them.

If guns aren't the solution let's disarm the cops and see how that goes. I am so sick of this liberal BS that we can care bare stare someone to stop them from killing.

Stupid what is stupid, are you suggesting more guns are a solution to this problem because if you are that is stupid.

Tell me giving an alcoholic more alcohol, is that what you consider a solution or is it stupid ?

See your answer shows your inability to think coherently. In your analogy the alcoholic is the shooter - no I do not think giving the shooter more guns will solve anything.

How do you stop an alcoholic from drinking, someone takes the alcohol from them, or gets them into treatment.

The whole point is, and I can't believe I have to explain this, the gun is not the problem it is the person pulling the trigger.

So are you one of the morons that blamed the truck for running over the people in New York last week? If not you agree with me that it is the person not the truck that is responsible than your whole issue is you are brainwashed to think irrationally about guns.
edit on 5-11-2017 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Having stable, two parent homes with stable extended family structure helps buffer against the one crappy parent. That's why I bring it up. These days, if a kid has one stable, reliable parent, and that is the crappy parent, that child is almost certainly doomed.

*EDIT*

I also know you being up socioeconomics, but understand, if the kid has one crappy parent and no back up in family structure, then you can dump all the monetary aid you want in there, and it won't help. You're just making a rich disaster instead of a poorer one. Money does not give the kid the social, emotional stability he or she needs to grow up well-rounded and stable.
edit on 5-11-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Insulting ...you find it insulting to discuss the issues behind why people are resorting to mass shooting of innocent people..really ?

Anyone here have a degree in clinical psychology ?

NOPE.

People die every day in this country. From a variety of reasons.

Only people don't try to run around calling them NUTZ.

No but if people gun down people in a church, or a school, or a concert, or..., they are likely NUTZ.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
Reports say he went in the church in Full gear. He planned on escaping so i wonder where his next destination was.

Also if he had a vest on it must have been a head shot.

He was said to have been shot with a rifle. A vest probably wouldn't have helped much. They aren't rated alone for rifle rounds, generally.

Plate inserts are needed for rifle protection. Hell, vests can't handle even all pistols - Five-Sevens punch through them - it's a very fast round, despite being relatively small for a handgun caliber.

link   
I am seeing pictures online that this kid was Antifa, and "vowed to start civil war"

link   
So the gunman was an alt left antifa loon.

******Photo removed until it can be confirmed. The report is the image was photo shopped so removed until confirmation ***
edit on 5-11-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Liquesence

No but if people gun down people in a church, or a school, or a concert, or..., they are likely NUTZ.

Nutz is what I call someone getting an abortion or a president droning people, or running guns to mexican drug cartels, or middle east despots, and the list goes on.

Rather pathetic so many people so quick to jump the gun with that label.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
10 percent of the people in that town were shot.

That is horrific beyond belief.

My thoughts go out to all affected.
edit on 5-11-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

link   
Sorry MODS this needs to be seen if you could get the screen snap and post as a pic it'll give a reason to this madness. this was known and answers why the mirror in the UK reported it BEFORE any MSM in the US did.

Now this really gets my blood boiling!!!!!

www.godlikeproductions.com...

link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

He just said it was interesting, not proof.

link   
Can anyone confirm this is real ?
Shooter Was ANTIFA

link   

a reply to: Liquesence

Nutz is what I call someone getting an abortion or a president droning people, or running guns to mexican drug cartels, or middle east despots, and the list goes on.

Rather pathetic so many people so quick to jump the gun with that label.

But not shooting up a church or school?

link   
a reply to: neo96

Yeah I can see why bringing up the constitution would be an issue to those pushing an agenda.

What agenda am I pushing, except one of wanting to have a logical, reasonable conversation beyond the hyperbolics you speak of and perpetuate?

You are proving my point.

You cannot look past your own nose to look at this issue properly.

We've gone through this sort of thing before and every time you clutch pearls, thinking someone is going to trample your rights.

Yet you still have them.

Quit being a drama queen and let's talk about this issue, in which the nonsense you are spitting now has no place.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit

Sorry MODS this needs to be seen if you could get the screen snap and post as a pic it'll give a reason to this madness. this was known and answers why the mirror in the UK reported it BEFORE any MSM in the US did.

Now this really gets my blood boiling!!!!!

www.godlikeproductions.com...

GLP is not allowed on ATS.

link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: dreamingawake

originally posted by: Liquesence

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I find myself agreeing with introvert on this subject, a discussion needs to be had about what is leading these people to flip out and want to hurt so many others.

My right isn't up for debate. Thus no discussion is to be had.

It is insulting to myself and millions of other Americans that have done nothing.

You're right.

It's not about limiting guns, but certain people from getting them.

And what causes people to snap.

Yeah with a focus on Veterans and PTSD.

No, it isn't.

From the quote:

It's not about limiting guns, but certain people from getting them.

What certain people?

link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
So the gunman was an alt left antifa loon.

Pretty sure you have non fake news source.

Edit: Just saw your edited post. That's photoshopped from 4chan.
edit on 11/5/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

In what alternate universe is murdering 2 dozen innocent people, children included, AT CHURCH not considered bat guano nuts?

link   
I'm just catching up on the thread.

I caution people to not believe evrything you are seeing about this guy.

Remember people were convinced there were photos of the law Vegas killer at anti trump rallies, and that turned out to not be true.

A lot of sick people like to Photoshop or do other things to try to use killings like this for their benefit.

link   

originally posted by: HanSolo31
Shooter Was ANTIFA

That's photoshopped.
boards.4chan.org...

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanSolo31
Shooter Was ANTIFA

I've seen nothing to validate besides claims and a possible Photoshopped image of the now defunct Facebook.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join