It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Church Shooting : Thread

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeadCrunchMcRockGroin

originally posted by: introvert
It's interesting to see how people react to these sorts of events when discussing them on an online forum.

Some use it as an opportunity to push their political agendas, which includes gun rights/bans. Some use it to push narratives about religion. And in many cases those people use these tragedies as a weapon to bash others over the head with.

Very few seem to be concerned about what really causes these tragedies to occur. Social issues, economics, mental illness, hopelessness?

Who knows?

But I find those issues more relevant and important to be a part of our conversations, rather than ridiculous arguments for or against firearms or religion and such.

I don't know what the problem is in this case and what the solution would be, but it just seems like we are not having the appropriate conversations after events like this.

Something is wrong...With all of us.

True.

What pushes people to the point of wanting to do these sorts of things?

It's not firearms.

It's rarely religion.

It's rarely politics.

Why are we not looking at social stigmas or circumstances, economics or even mental illnesses. Or perhaps those are all interconnected.

The discussion we need to have is a very difficult one, but very few seem to be willing to have that discussion.

link   
a reply to: introvert

Instead of being honest and looking at the facts to find the causes/solutions, you want to bash us over the head with your agenda-based nonsense.

Bull and SNIP.

If you wanted to have an 'honest' conversation and face facts some people wouldn't be IGNORING the hell out of the Bill of Rights.

The second,fourth,FIFTH,8TH,9th, and 14th amendments.

That talked about due process and crimes be proven in courts of LAW.

Where every single person in this country has the presumption of innocence.

Someone here is pushing an agenda.

And they ALWAYS say this BULLSNIP.

Instead of being honest and looking at the facts to find the causes/solutions, you want to bash us over the head with your agenda-based nonsense.

According to some here the 'solution' is to IGNORE the hell out of everyones civil liberties.

link   
I hear Summer Caddell's boyfriend Johnnie Langendorff was the one who, with a neighbor, made a 'heroic move' to chase down the shooter and run him off the road.

I have no way of knowing if this is factual but I think it's good to document as much as we have in case things go squirrelly later.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: roadgravel
News conference said a citizen engaged him with gun fire which cause him to drop his rifle.

And? He shot mostly all the people in the church first. Are you suggesting gun laws are working? Because honestly, after a multitude of incidents where someone goes nuts with their ridiculous gun collection, citizens with guns are not the solution. Growing tired of the "Omg lol someone had a gun and stopped something!" posts. Brave fellow.. ok, sure.. didn't stop the tragedy, didn't stop the deaths, people having guns haven't actually stopped a single shooting tragedy. NONE... zero.

Ok stupid, how do gunman get stopped. Someone -usually a cop - shows up and shoots them.

If guns aren't the solution let's disarm the cops and see how that goes. I am so sick of this liberal BS that we can care bare stare someone to stop them from killing.

Stupid what is stupid, are you suggesting more guns are a solution to this problem because if you are that is stupid.

Tell me giving an alcoholic more alcohol, is that what you consider a solution or is it stupid ?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

UPDATE: Sutherland Springs Gunman Devin Kelley Wore “All Black” – Facebook Page Suggests He Was Diehard Atheist, CNN Fan

now reported on

Source

Product of Left wing Fake News and Atheism.

Another tragedy linked to #resistance propaganda.

Wore black/atheist/Cnn fan/gateway pundit.

Are you serious?

Thank you for not helping.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: introvert

Bull and SNIP.

If you wanted to have an 'honest' conversation and face facts some people wouldn't be IGNORING the hell out of the Bill of Rights.

That talked about due process and crimes be proven in courts of LAW.

Where every single person in this country has the presumption of innocence.

Someone here is pushing an agenda.

And they ALWAYS say this BULLSNIP.

According to some here the 'solution' is to IGNORE the hell out of everyones civil liberties.

I've just said that the approach you are describing and complaining about is not what we need to be focusing on, yet even though we can agree...you're still complaining about it.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Tell me giving an alcoholic more alcohol, is that what you consider a solution or is it stupid ?

That's what I think about creating more laws for something that is already illegal.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
From what I've read, a hero citizen engaged him causing him to discard the rifle? Amazing, but not shocking. Still waiting to hear if anyone from the church was armed or had time to engage the attacker. The shooter was allegedly wearing body armor, but this doesn't make you immune to gunfire.

Disgusting trend, and even worse are the people who are ready/willing to give up their rights because someone else might do something illegal. An outright ban on all weapons would do nothing to prevent attacks. There are at least 400,000,000 in our country alone, they're easy to make in a garage, they can be stolen from "authorized persons" and many other deadly weapons would still be available.

This hyper-fixation on the tool used and type of mass casualty incident is really disturbing and quite revealing. This is why anti-gunners will quote gun related death (not even murder) stats while ignoring the fact that they should be looking at all murder as a whole. Dissecting tragedies to advance a specific narrative is dishonest and sick.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: roadgravel
News conference said a citizen engaged him with gun fire which cause him to drop his rifle.

And? He shot mostly all the people in the church first. Are you suggesting gun laws are working? Because honestly, after a multitude of incidents where someone goes nuts with their ridiculous gun collection, citizens with guns are not the solution. Growing tired of the "Omg lol someone had a gun and stopped something!" posts. Brave fellow.. ok, sure.. didn't stop the tragedy, didn't stop the deaths, people having guns haven't actually stopped a single shooting tragedy. NONE... zero.

Ok stupid, how do gunman get stopped. Someone -usually a cop - shows up and shoots them.

If guns aren't the solution let's disarm the cops and see how that goes. I am so sick of this liberal BS that we can care bare stare someone to stop them from killing.

Stupid what is stupid, are you suggesting more guns are a solution to this problem because if you are that is stupid.

no you have the sober friend drive

link   

UPDATE: Sutherland Springs Gunman Devin Kelley Wore “All Black” – Facebook Page Suggests He Was Diehard Atheist, CNN Fan

now reported on

Source

What a shock...Federal conviction and illegal for him to possess firearms. Bet none of the fake news MSM covers that little fact...another criminal who gun control changes would have zero effect on...

link   

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen
a reply to: TheJesuit

I am sick of these shootings. Sensible gun laws need to be passed now.

For starters:

All able-minded men should be required to be trained and armed as a means of protecting family and community.
Firearms, accessories, and ammunitions shall be subsidized by the government and made affordable to all.
Regular firearms training and practice shall be free and required of all men.
Safe places shall be designated and enforced by metal detectors. Citizens not properly armed shall be refused admittance/

I disagree.

Substitute 'able-minded women' for 'able-minded men.'

link   
From what I've read, a hero citizen engaged him causing him to discard the rifle? Amazing, but not shocking. Still waiting to hear if anyone from the church was armed or had time to engage the attacker. The shooter was allegedly wearing body armor, but this doesn't make you immune to gunfire.

Disgusting trend, and even worse are the people who are ready/willing to give up their rights because someone else might do something illegal. An outright ban on all weapons would do nothing to prevent attacks. There are at least 400,000,000 in our country alone, they're easy to make in a garage, they can be stolen from "authorized persons" and many other deadly weapons would still be available.

This hyper-fixation on the tool used and type of mass casualty incident is really disturbing and quite revealing. This is why anti-gunners will quote gun related death (not even murder) stats while ignoring the fact that they should be looking at all murder as a whole. Dissecting tragedies to advance a specific narrative is dishonest and sick.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You forgot the First one.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

That's what I think about creating more laws for something that is already illegal.

I find myself agreeing with introvert on this subject, a discussion needs to be had about what is leading these people to flip out and want to hurt so many others.

For example earlier in this thread someone mentioned his mother in law lived in that area, it could be as simple as the mother of his child finding a new man and him being dissed by the family, him not handling it and going for payback (in his mind that is) by shooting up the church they were in.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

From what I've read, a hero citizen engaged him causing him to discard the rifle?

If it turns out to be true.

I'd call it divine retribution.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

According to gun control laws, and ATF form 4473 which has to be filled out for Firearm purchases.

Would have disqualified him for legally purchasing it.

www.atf.gov...

11g.

www.guntrustlawyer.com...

Wait gun control didn't work?

Have you ever been to a gun show and purchased a used firearm?

link   

a reply to: proximo

First a law against killing someone was made.

Then over 80 years of regulating them was also made.

Then the final step to solving the bad guy with guns problem is calling the good guns with guns to shoot them down.

That is when they don't decide to take their own lives.

What is your point?

Yes as time has gone on man has come up with better and better ways to kill each other. Is that unfortunate, sure. Can you put the genie back in the bottle - No.

Will guns ever go away, only when something more effective at killing is invented.

The solution is not to wish really hard that they go away, the only sensible solution is to not make yourself a defenseless target. I don't really care if people don't like reality, it is not going to change.

link   

I find myself agreeing with introvert on this subject, a discussion needs to be had about what is leading these people to flip out and want to hurt so many others.

My right isn't up for debate. Thus no discussion is to be had.

It is insulting to myself and millions of other Americans that have done nothing.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

now reported on

Source

Wore black/atheist/Cnn fan/gateway pundit.

Are you serious?

Thank you for not helping.

Exactly, not unheard of for a shooter going after people to wear all black tactical gear.

This is more relevant info from that bloviated source headline:

As The Gateway Pundit’s Jim Hoft previously reported, Devin Kelley was court martialed in 2014 after a dishonorable discharge. Here is the case number: No. 14-0387/AF. U.S. v. Devin P. KELLEY. CCA 38267.

According to McMilitary Law: States have laws for gun control for court martial cases. Will I be able to own firearms? Federal and state laws do place restrictions on the purchase of firearms by those convicted of felonies. 18 USC § 922(b). Many jurisdictions distinguish between violent and non-violent offenses.

It was against the law for Devin to own firearms.

Source shared
PTSD discharge or other?
edit on 5-11-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2017 by dreamingawake because: n/m about athiest

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted or not.

Someone else knew?

Did Antifa know?

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join