It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Church Shooting : Thread

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I don't know what the problem is in this case and what the solution would be, but it just seems like we are not having the appropriate conversations after events like this.

There is no conversation to be had.

No one here committed any crime.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Noinden

My parents spanked me, not beatings, just spankings. I never got many, and they always reserved them for when I had truly stepped out of line. They also stopped them when I was old enough that to give me a spanking that would matter would have crossed the line into beating me.

That doesn't make any sense at all.....if it's considered a beating when you are older then it sure as hell is a beating when you are younger.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: Stketcher
Well this is weird. The media just released the first photo of Devin and it looks nothing like the guy from the facebook profile we had earlier shared here

twitter.com...

Whats y'all best guest thats happening?

That looks like Sam Hyde. Don't trust CBS News.

It's always Sam Hyde.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Considering the firearms and religion have always been there, but the shootings have not, then I think other things have changed.

I think it's things about how we raise our children, our beliefs as people, etc.'

But those are hard things to examine, as I've said, it's far easier to blame the tools and trappings than it is to examine ourselves.

link   
a reply to: starlitestarbright

What doesn't make sense ?

Do something bad expect something not so nice to happen in reverse.

That is the entire point.

link   

originally posted by: neo96

I don't know what the problem is in this case and what the solution would be, but it just seems like we are not having the appropriate conversations after events like this.

You're not helping things Neo.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Chill out.

I dialogue with people who want to remain calm

I want to keep out of a gun debate. but I guess that not possible.... Just google the phrase and you'll get what you want

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It makes total sense. A light swat on the rear for a small child would be a heck of a lot less meaningful for a large kid.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

My bad.

I should be running around screaming black scary looking objects are out to git me.

That would fix everything!

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: roadgravel
News conference said a citizen engaged him with gun fire which cause him to drop his rifle.

And? He shot mostly all the people in the church first. Are you suggesting gun laws are working? Because honestly, after a multitude of incidents where someone goes nuts with their ridiculous gun collection, citizens with guns are not the solution. Growing tired of the "Omg lol someone had a gun and stopped something!" posts. Brave fellow.. ok, sure.. didn't stop the tragedy, didn't stop the deaths, people having guns haven't actually stopped a single shooting tragedy. NONE... zero.

Ok stupid, how do gunman get stopped. Someone -usually a cop - shows up and shoots them.

If guns aren't the solution let's disarm the cops and see how that goes. I am so sick of this liberal BS that we can care bare stare someone to stop them from killing.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

No.

Something that leaves a mark and inflicts lasting, serious pain is a beating.

A small child will be straightened out by the sound and the realization they got a bit popped more than actually feeling pain.

As I said, it's the discipline of last resort and you never, ever go there in anger.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Krakatoa

Chill out.

I dialogue with people who want to remain calm

I want to keep out of a gun debate. but I guess that not possible.... Just google the phrase and you'll get what you want

Where have I been not calm in any of this conversation? Please point that out for me. I am very clam, and providing factual statements, unlike you. Perhaps it is you that needs to get educated and not spout spurious statements if you get upset that people call you out on them and expect you to actually have an educated answer?

I have not attacked you personally, only your baseless statements. But, I guess if someone was weak enough emotionally to not accept criticism, they should refrain from having these type of conversations.

Meanwhile, there are 26 people dead, and many families in mourning over a single person that decided killing was a good idea today. The tools used are irrelevant, IMO. He could have just as easily waited outside for the congregation to be dismissed and ran into the crowd with his car.

edit on 11/5/2017 by Krakatoa because: spelling

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Ok stupid, how do gunman get stopped. Someone -usually a cop - shows up and shoots them.

First a law against killing someone was made.

Then over 80 years of regulating them was also made.

Then the final step to solving the bad guy with guns problem is calling the good guns with guns to shoot them down.

That is when they don't decide to take their own lives.
edit on 5-11-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Considering the firearms and religion have always been there, but the shootings have not, then I think other things have changed.

I can agree with that.

I think it's things about how we raise our children, our beliefs as people, etc.'

Crappy parents have also always been there, correct?

As far as beliefs, that is not very specific. That could be a myriad of things, but I think it is closer to what I think could be part of the problem.

But those are hard things to examine, as I've said, it's far easier to blame the tools and trappings than it is to examine ourselves.

Exactly. Perhaps a bit of introspection is required in order to get to the real heart of that matter, rather than finding convenient scapegoats that allow us to blame others for their own beliefs.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
What i would like is to put aside debating issues and put this guy's life under a microscope to see WHERE EXACTLY it started to go sideways and devolved into shooting up a church full of people.

A timeline going back 5-10 years Family, Friends- current and former, Online clicks to pages viewed, posts, EVERY SINGLE THING leaving no stone un turned.
I want to know WHY!
Then let it be known to everyone to engage in a positive way to address the issues found LOGICALLY and in a NONVIOLENT discourse for others that are going down this awful path i know this is a large task but if we can learn just one thing it may prevent tragedies like this OR Las Vegas OR Columbine OR ect...ect

Is it even possible in this day and age? WE as a Nation need to ACT .

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

My bad.

I should be running around screaming black scary looking objects are out to git me.

That would fix everything!

See.

Great example of the problem we face.

Instead of being honest and looking at the facts to find the causes/solutions, you want to bash us over the head with your agenda-based nonsense.

It's a waste of time and gets nothing accomplished.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

It's interesting to see how people react to these sorts of events when discussing them on an online forum.

Some use it as an opportunity to push their political agendas, which includes gun rights/bans. Some use it to push narratives about religion. And in many cases those people use these tragedies as a weapon to bash others over the head with.

Very few seem to be concerned about what really causes these tragedies to occur. Social issues, economics, mental illness, hopelessness?

Who knows?

But I find those issues more relevant and important to be a part of our conversations, rather than ridiculous arguments for or against firearms or religion and such.

Something is wrong...With all of us.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

What i would like is to put aside debating issues and put this guy's life under a microscope to see WHERE EXACTLY it started to go sideways and devolved into shooting up a church full of people.

I wouldn't.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but in this case it's next to impossible to separate the political aspect from it.

Which leaves everyone acting like North Korea firing missiles that blow up prematurely before falling in to the sea of Japan.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

UPDATE: Sutherland Springs Gunman Devin Kelley Wore “All Black” – Facebook Page Suggests He Was Diehard Atheist, CNN Fan

now reported on

Source

Product of Left wing Fake News and Atheism.

Another tragedy linked to #resistance propaganda.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit

A timeline going back 5-10 years Family, Friends- current and former, Online clicks to pages viewed, posts, EVERY SINGLE THING leaving no stone un turned.
I want to know WHY!
Then let it be known to everyone to engage in a positive way to address the issues found LOGICALLY and in a NONVIOLENT discourse for others that are going down this awful path i know this is a large task but if we can learn just one thing it may prevent tragedies like this OR Las Vegas OR Columbine OR ect...ect

Is it even possible in this day and age? WE as a Nation need to ACT .

And, what if this particular person (after an autopsy) was found to have some physical mental disorder that contributed to his actions? How do you "prevent that"? The truth is, you cannot. Life is a series of risk assessments. We cannot prevent evil thoughts.....period.

We can be aware of our collective situation, and the acts of those around us all. That, IMO, is where we will see this goes off the rails. We as a society today are so ensconced in our own little worlds and narcissistic behaviors that we fail to see sings around us. Then are blissfully surprised when this stuff happens.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join