It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Church Shooting : Thread

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

My parents spanked me, not beatings, just spankings. I never got many, and they always reserved them for when I had truly stepped out of line. They also stopped them when I was old enough that to give me a spanking that would matter would have crossed the line into beating me.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Children do need more discipline. Too many people are too indulgent with their children these days. P

It's a shame more people don't see this.

Over the last 20 years there's been a dynamic shift in society, and not for the better.

And schools is where society gets shaped.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
This town is 2 counties from mine., close by Texas standards. It will be in people's minds here for a long time.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Krakatoa

I didn’t want to get in a gun argument, but if I mention the countries it will descend to that

Do some research you’ll find them

Then retract your unsourced claim. I was not the one making the baseless claim, now was I, hmmm?

You're very excitable over nothing

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yeah, Jesus was all about being armed to the teeth I guess...

'Cause his whole message of love, peace, and treating others how you want to be treated was misdirection.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
This town is 2 counties from mine., close by Texas standards. It will be in people's minds here for a long time.

How do you feel about this ?

link   
Even the pastors daughter was a victim.

Wtf is wrong with people.
What gets in their head so much to make them think this will solve their problems or that taking this $h-it out on innocent lives is the answer.

Amazing job by the church attendee who risked his life and pursued the POS.
From what I've read - CNN, it's still unclear if the wound to the assailant was self inflicted or caused by the pursuer.

The only better outcome of this tragedy would had been the perp being taken in alive. Thus providing all the answers to the interrogation team and a year into his life sentence, found unresponsive in his jail cell.

Twisted fantasy, I know. But this type of cowardice makes my stomach turn.
I just can't figure out what makes these types of scum tick.

link   

originally posted by: Kettu

'Cause his whole message of love, peace, and treating others how you want to be treated was misdirection.

We are allowed to defend ourselves. If we're dead, we never get the chance to treat anyone in any way, do we? We'll never know how the people in the church wanted to treat others because Devin forgot his teachings assuming he ever meant to keep them in the first place.

link   
a reply to: Kettu

I really wish people would stop selectively reading.

I digress. The Bill of Rights is good enough for me.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: [post=22838727]Liquesence

"The MSM has blood on its hands. It's both brainwashing and confusing entire generations. "

You may be right about this, something is causing the rise in these horrific attacks. We have more gun regulations then ever in US history, yet mass shootings have increased. The 30 deadliest shootings in the United States dating back to 1949, 17 have occurred in the last 10 years.

My heart aches for the people and families who are now suffering because of this senseless violence.

edit on 5-11-2017 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I think this is partially narcissism.

When you only care about yourself, what happens to others in pursuit of your own aims and desires is secondary assuming you even think about it at all.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well this is weird. The media just released the first photo of Devin and it looks nothing like the guy from the facebook profile we had earlier shared here

twitter.com...

Whats y'all best guest thats happening?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Stketcher

If he shaved his beard, they could still be the same guy.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We are allowed to defend ourselves.

Natures law.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.......

www.archives.gov...

What that doesn't mean is that 51% think they get to give/take unalienable RIGHTS away.

link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

originally posted by: Tekaran
Antifa ties?

Devin the Antifa guy

And 2 shooters?

I swear if this is true....these Antifa punks really need to be labeled as a terroist group.

So this guy is ANTIFA..... It's time for Trump to smoke these terrorist out their parents basements.

Any proof to these sources, better ones than YourNewsWire And NeonNettle?

This one doesn't mention Antifa- See here.

Also, this source:
here

Kelley received a diploma from New Braunfels High School​. [2]​ He is a veteran of the US Air Force​ where he worked with logistics and supply [2]​. In 2013, he briefly volunteered as a teacher's at Kingsville FBC, teaching 4-6 year old children about the Bible​. [2]​ Sutherland S

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

Well, Jesus' entourage carried weapons. Remember when Simon Peter drew his sword and struck the high priest's servant, cutting his ear off?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
It's interesting to see how people react to these sorts of events when discussing them on an online forum.

Some use it as an opportunity to push their political agendas, which includes gun rights/bans. Some use it to push narratives about religion. And in many cases those people use these tragedies as a weapon to bash others over the head with.

Very few seem to be concerned about what really causes these tragedies to occur. Social issues, economics, mental illness, hopelessness?

Who knows?

But I find those issues more relevant and important to be a part of our conversations, rather than ridiculous arguments for or against firearms or religion and such.

I don't know what the problem is in this case and what the solution would be, but it just seems like we are not having the appropriate conversations after events like this.

link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

a reply to: Krakatoa

I didn’t want to get in a gun argument, but if I mention the countries it will descend to that

Do some research you’ll find them

It is you that are hi
Then retract your unsourced claim. I was not the one making the baseless claim, now was I, hmmm?

You're very excitable over nothing

It might "nothing" to you, but I personally take my constitutional protections seriously when someone makes incorrect statements. And then makes baseless statements that are akin to lies, then fails to provide the research when asked.

Yet, I am the one at fault here. I think not, my friend.

And you are the one asking for conversation, yet refuse to have that conversation when it questions your viewpoint. That is not dialogue, but monologue. But, that's nothing but semantics to you I'm sure.

edit on 11/5/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

How do you feel about this ?

It's a sad thing to happen. I believe most people go to church for peace and to try to let some goodness recharge their mind. It's not something to expect to happen.

People there will support each other and get through the sadness. People may not believe it but there are few shooting in the rural parts around here. People cope in different ways here, I suppose.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stketcher
Well this is weird. The media just released the first photo of Devin and it looks nothing like the guy from the facebook profile we had earlier shared here

twitter.com...

Whats y'all best guest thats happening?

That looks like Sam Hyde. Don't trust CBS News.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join