It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Church Shooting : Thread

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Krakatoa

I made no commentary on rights.

I just said the country needs to STOP, come together, and try to solve this...I guess that’s not possible

Everybody seems to be so quick to want to argue about something

Automatic response

You stated "giving rights" which is incorrect. That was my point that you obviously missed, or did not want to hear.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen
a reply to: TheJesuit

I am sick of these shootings. Sensible gun laws need to be passed now.

For starters:

All able-minded men should be required to be trained and armed as a means of protecting family and community.
Firearms, accessories, and ammunitions shall be subsidized by the government and made affordable to all.
Regular firearms training and practice shall be free and required of all men.
Safe places shall be designated and enforced by metal detectors. Citizens not properly armed shall be refused admittance/

And mandatory military service to help weed out the unqualified?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

But it is mentioned in the Constitution, so what is the purpose of even discussing it?

I don't think a thousand of these mass shootings would cause me to turn my back on any part of the BOR. Guns are the most effective tool for stopping a lethal threat. I will always pick a gun as my defensive tool of choice for that exact reason.

The fact that some people misuse objects (like cars, knives, guns, acids, ropes, pianos, bowling pins, frying pans, et al) has nothing to do with my right to defend my own life.

This conversation is pointless, but it says a lot about the people who tried to politicize this into an anti-gun event. Epic fail

A lot of innocent people died today, have some damn respect.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Nice dodge of the point.

So far you've quoted the bible, and suggested something that we have no idea has connection to the shooting.

Histrionics? That neighbour would be your post.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It may be that, indeed, it’s a waste of time talking about discourse, and the American experiment is over
…and its every man and woman for him or herself

That may be the case…

Time…

WillTell

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

STOP!

This sad county needs to stop everything, maybe tomorrow, and begin a national conversation about what is happening in America.

Let me guess, you want a conversation about what people should be willing to give up in order that these small but newsworthy shootings never happen?

If it wasn't a gun, it would be a car, a bomb, knife ect.......

Useless to have THESE conversations. They distract from conversations that can actually change things.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
double post
edit on November 5th 2017 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Such a point in semantics when there are larger issues, my friend

I think that’s the point

link   
Where in the hell are Mr. Kelley's ears???

link   
a reply to: Noinden

Dodged nothing.

I would hardly call getting the paddle in school brutalization.

I know got it on more than one occasion.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Nice dodge of the point.

So far you've quoted the bible, and suggested something that we have no idea has connection to the shooting.

Histrionics? That neighbour would be your post.

For starters, this guy forgot one of the most important parts of the Bible -- the bit where we are supposed to be as Christ would be to one another.

Do you think Christ would dress in black and go gun down a congregation? I don't either.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Such a point in semantics when there are larger issues, my friend

I think that’s the point

But, it is not semantics, my friend. It is VERY relevant to the discussion you want to have. You just seem to not be willing to accept that as a fact.

edit on 11/5/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2

STOP!

This sad county needs to stop everything, maybe tomorrow, and begin a national conversation about what is happening in America.

Let me guess, you want a conversation about what people should be willing to give up in order that these small but newsworthy shootings never happen?

If it wasn't a gun, it would be a car, a bomb, knife ect.......

Useless to have THESE conversations. They distract from conversations that can actually change things.

No, it may be about having more involvnment on mental disease.

More advertising that we love each other, and respect each other more.

Maybe less violence in movies, done voluntarily

A conversation not a dictation

link   

STOP!

Look, no conversation is going to change anything.

First off get some perspective 50,000 plus die a year from car crashes. Several thousand are killed in gang violence. A few hundred get killed in mass shootings in a bad year. It isn't nearly as bad as the media coverage suggest it is.

Second nothing is going to stop someone who wants to kill a bunch of people. Even if it was possible to confiscate all guns (that is not remotely possible), a maniac can easily run over people with a truck, set off a bomb, poison a ton of people, etc, etc.

Mindless mass murder is here to stay, at least in our lifetimes, no amount of discussion is going to change that.

link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Screws with my critical thinking ...SO DOES war ,but the idiots still do it, so I'LL just stay a rifleman till they come after me or I croak.
The philosophy of some who are pacifist can be brilliant and Quite convincing,where as a nut ball from anywhere an MS13 member or another left jihadist cab ABROGATE all of it with a bullet.
YES it's quite sad scary ,,blah,blah,blah.
IT IS HERE AND yes it is really happening and has been for some time.
LEOs aren't stopping them anymore ..THAT is dangerous ,witness the CIVILIAN who ran him off the road and offed him with a shotgun.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Don't know. I'm a Polytheist not a Christian

But seriously. I was talking about the suggestion we beat children to stop them misbehaving.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

You really don't understand the psychology of cooperate punishment do you?

This is all off topic however.

We have no suggestion what caused this muppet to snap.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

For starters, this guy forgot one of the most important parts of the Bible -- the bit where we are supposed to be as Christ would be to one another.

Sure did.

'Thou shall not kill'.

But then again he would have fitted in during the crusades.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Other countries have stopped “mindless mass murders”

Look, no conversation is going to change anything.

It’s a start. Rome wasn't built or torn down in a day

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

But what exactly, is "the problem"? This is as bad as thinking that I will be a victim of a Muslim terrorist attack, the average percentage is about the same. The fear divides us all the time, equally, all the time, across all political borders. We give in when we give in.

More gun control will not solve this problem. My husband could not buy a Gun in Texas because he refused to pay a speeding ticket that he received in New Mexico, I was there, and the cop lied and said he was doing 90 in a 55. He was doing no such thing, not even speeding. He told the cop he was being framed, and the cop merely smiled. Again, since he refused to pay a speeding ticket, he had a warrant out for his arrest, in New Mexico. He couldn't even show up at court, being from Texas an all.

Long story short, he could not buy a gun in Texas as a result of non-payment of a speeding ticket in Texas. Sound like the controls are in place just fine (rolling eyes). Meanwhile, the criminals that don't go through that process seem to get guns just fine.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join