It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Church Shooting : Thread

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Well start with the largely liberal MSM who does nothing aside from divide this country with their constant brainwashing and rhetoric.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

2. Re instituting corporal punishment in schools that teach respect for authority.

That will just cause more resentment and rebellion toward authority.

link   

originally posted by: Willtell
STOP!

This sad county needs to stop everything, maybe tomorrow, and begin a national conversation about what is happening in America.

We've been having this "conversation" for quite a while. Unfortunately, we have one side that thinks that virtue signalling, screaming, insulting, and demanding the dismantling of the Constitution is the solution.

Not really a convo IMO, more like a way for politicians to get brownie points for pretending to care, and a way for citizens to play the Uber-Righteous card without hearing what the other side has to say. This includes the irritating lefties on ATS. Blowing whistles in people's faces and flipping them off is where the left is at. I really have no interest in chatting with those folks.

The time for talking is over, because it's just a scream-fest of angry people who will NOT change their minds, and do not listen.

Change begins with each one of us. A bunch of mouth-breathing politicians screaming into a microphone, or a drum circle, or people wearing furry costumes screaming "HUMANITY FIRST" just won't cut it any more.

We are all being pushed into the abyss, no use blathering on about it as we fall. The weakest links are breaking, and they're getting help.

link   
Living in a state with over a population of over 27 Million, do the math. How many mass shootings occur on a daily, monthly, or even yearly basis? I am way more likely to be killed in a car accident than anything else. Jesus, guess I should stop grocery shopping every week!

This sounds, ridiculous, no? But the guns, I might get shot!! If I'm misunderstanding the post, I apologize, but if not, surely you can't be serious?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I don't WANT to.
I 'd rather walk around being the creepy scary guy who doesn't talk alot, and GO HOME ,anyway.
I LIKE solitude IT'S FUN!

link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I made no commentary on rights.

I just said the country needs to STOP, come together, and try to solve this...I guess that’s not possible

Everybody seems to be so quick to want to argue about something

Automatic response

link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Well start with the largely liberal MSM who does nothing aside from divide this country with their constant brainwashing and rhetoric.

C'mon, why did you have to go there?

Fox did the same during the 8 years of Obama.

It's the same.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I don't WANT to.
I 'd rather walk around being the creepy scary guy who doesn't talk alot, and GO HOME ,anyway.
I LIKE solitude IT'S FUN!

Don't want to what?

link   

originally posted by: neo96

If we keep going like this, they’ll be no country worth giving rights to

Or ours don't come from each other and they don't come from the state.

I'm sure "God" or the deity of your choice specifically wants you and I to own guns. Not "weapons" but guns, in particular. A non-corporeal being of infinite power, understanding and knowledge -- capable of creating black holes, quasars, and the universe wants little Earthmen to own guns. Specifically. He just somehow neglected mentioning it in the Bible or any of the other holy/religious texts on Earth.

link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

2. Re instituting corporal punishment in schools that teach respect for authority.

Who cares?

Being all touchy feeling and letting people run around doing whatever they want sure isn't working out.

The solution obviously is to demagogue objects.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Witness describes seeing church shooter flee

www.kens5.com...

Video there^

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: artnut

I doubt it’s solvable with the climate we have

We all have opinions.

Mine is conspiracy based, just an opinion

Nevertheless, Its still a problem that needs to be solved, if possible

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Care to show the correlation between brutalizing children and lack of gun violence?

I ask because that waddles and quacks like a non sequitur

link   

Who cares?

Being all touchy feeling and letting people run around doing whatever they want sure isn't working out.

So, you want more state-sponsored authority in people's lives?

link   
a reply to: Kettu

Specifically. He just somehow neglected mentioning it in the Bible or any of the other holy/religious texts on Earth.

Neglected it ?

Luke 22:35-38New International Version (NIV) 35 Then Jesus asked them, “When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” “Nothing,” they answered. 36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.37 It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’[a]; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.” 38 The disciples said, “See, Lord, here are two swords.” “That’s enough!” he replied.

www.biblegateway.com...

I digress.

The Bill of Rights is good enough for me.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

The problem lies in the people, not their tools.

You don't want to discuss how to raise better people because it means talking about things like morality which means judging things people do as right and wrong.

It's far easier to blame the tools people have access too and try restricting them.

link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Care to show the correlation between brutalizing children and lack of gun violence?

I ask because that waddles and quacks like a non sequitur

Nice histronics.

link   
People want to lecture me on rights, about guns.

All I said was come together as a people
And try to solve little children being gunned down in churches and schools.

(Maybe were not people, anymore)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Nope.

Fox did not paint a picture where there was a racist Nazi behind every corner, where half the country is evil, constantly pushing divide and conquer techniques. On top of that, Fox is one outlet. The liberal MSM is only about the other 95% of outlets.

The MSM has blood on its hands. It's both brainwashing and confusing entire generations.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Who cares?

So, you want more state-sponsored authority in people's lives?

As opposed to creation of the background check created by the antigunners/Clinton in the 90s that did not exist for over 200 years prior?

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join